Football Away Game
Sat, September 20, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
Men's Basketball Home Game
Fri, October 31, 2014 @ 7:00 pm

Spencer Hadley of BYU Suspended for Utah Game

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Spencer Hadley of BYU Suspended for Utah Game

Postby RigAggie » September 17th, 2013, 4:21 pm

RigAggie

Re: Spencer Hadley of BYU Suspended for Utah Game

Postby 3rdGenAggie » September 17th, 2013, 4:22 pm

It'll make a wonderful excuse for them.
"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right."
-Thomas Paine

3rdGenAggie

Postby Elkaggie » September 17th, 2013, 4:23 pm

I heard it was indefinitely, so likely more than just the Utah game.
Elkaggie

Postby liquidforce » September 17th, 2013, 4:27 pm

Does anyone else here hate the term "suspended indefinitely"? For some reason it really grinds my gears, just tell me how long he's going to be put on the shelf.
liquidforce

Postby ag4fr » September 17th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Bronco just barely notices the "stache" and had no other option but to suspend him.

In other related news, I saw KVN on TV last night. He looked like he might not have shave for 36 to 48 hours. He's next.
ag4fr

Postby hipsterdoofus21 » September 17th, 2013, 4:36 pm

You can't float forever. Eventually what goes up must come down.
hipsterdoofus21

Postby AgMac » September 17th, 2013, 4:52 pm

liquidforce wrote:Does anyone else here hate the term "suspended indefinitely"? For some reason it really grinds my gears, just tell me how long he's going to be put on the shelf.

I think that he might be suspended "indefinitely" because something has come to light which will require an honor code hearing. Because it has come to light, they had to immediately suspend him, but they probably won't know how long until after the honor code hearing, e.g., he may be kicked out of school and, therefore, off the team instead of just suspended.

This is pure speculation by me (which is my favorite kind of speculation), but it seems as though we only hear about these type of suspensions when it is something pretty serious and someone isn't willing to sweep it under the rug. Because he is a senior, I think his BYU football days are done.
AgMac

Postby hipsterdoofus21 » September 17th, 2013, 4:54 pm

indefinitely at BYU = about 9 months
hipsterdoofus21

Postby jimbo » September 17th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Looks like "indefinitely" means 5 games. This includes ours.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/56884147-88/hadley-byu-games-senior.html.csp
Last edited by jimbo on September 17th, 2013, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbo

Postby AgMac » September 17th, 2013, 4:58 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:indefinitely at BYU = about 9 months

Or 22 months for some BYU coeds.
AgMac

Postby hipsterdoofus21 » September 17th, 2013, 5:01 pm

AgMac wrote:

Or 22 months for some BYU coeds.

bazinga!
hipsterdoofus21

Postby YouEssYou » September 17th, 2013, 5:54 pm

I seriously wonder how they can continue to get kids to commit there. When you fail to live up to the standard they set and which you agree to, your sins (which, at any other school wouldn't make the gossip section of the school paper) are all over the sports section of the local papers. If you are black then you make ESPN (Davies).
YouEssYou

Postby jackmormon » September 17th, 2013, 6:59 pm

YouEssYou wrote:I seriously wonder how they can continue to get kids to commit there. When you fail to live up to the standard they set and which you agree to, your sins (which, at any other school wouldn't make the gossip section of the school paper) are all over the sports section of the local papers. If you are black then you make ESPN (Davies).

If not for lack of pigment, he likely would have been kicked out of school.
jackmormon

Postby Smokin Joe » September 17th, 2013, 7:10 pm

So, do we know what the violation is? How about some well-informed speculation?
Smokin Joe

Postby 3rdGenAggie » September 17th, 2013, 7:13 pm

jackmormon wrote:
YouEssYou wrote:I seriously wonder how they can continue to get kids to commit there. When you fail to live up to the standard they set and which you agree to, your sins (which, at any other school wouldn't make the gossip section of the school paper) are all over the sports section of the local papers. If you are black then you make ESPN (Davies).

I hate byu too, but Brandon Davies does have pigment in his skin, and he wasn't kicked out...
"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right."
-Thomas Paine

3rdGenAggie

Postby AggieAddict » September 17th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Found this link on my go to site when something bad happens at BYU: Utefans.net

dlucy44
Is Hadley Ready or better yet Will He Be Suspended??
We are hearing that Salt Lake Tribune/University of Utah have pictures of Spencer Hadley partying frequently in Las Vegas at an MGM Nightclub and the Spearmint Rhino Strip Club. The Tribune has pictures as recent as last night of Hadley in Vegas with BYU booster Jacob Stocking. The NCAA is launching an investigation in regards to trips on Stockings private jet, Cash loans paid to Hadley, the use of Stockings vehicles, staying in high priced Vegas Suites, indulging in Champagne parties with Las Vegas Cocktail Waitress's. Also reports of the use of the Drug (Molly) and Alcohol use among Hadley. We will see how Coach and our AD's handle this situation. Hadley reportedly seen trying to catch a flight back this morning out of Vegas but missed his flight. Nice to see that one of our Linebackers is ready for the Utes. I would hate to see the Cougars lose the season to one selfish player. Not what we would expect out of one of our Senior LB's who just recently returned from a Mission. I hope this clears the air before the weekend.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hCFowKsHE74J:www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html%3Fid%3D11209990+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
AggieAddict

Postby ryanolsen » September 17th, 2013, 7:22 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
jackmormon wrote:

I hate byu too, but Brandon Davies does have pigment in his skin, and he wasn't kicked out...

Yeah, unfortunately I think it's more to do with the jersey keeps him in school. If he had eligibility left then they'd probably pull the same thing they did with Davies.
ryanolsen

Postby jackmormon » September 17th, 2013, 7:33 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
jackmormon wrote:

I believe he was kicked out of school for the remainder of the year.
jackmormon

Postby TheBMeistor! » September 17th, 2013, 8:23 pm

What ever happened to "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!".

And as a Vegas native it is a big no no to be takin pictures at the strip club.

Also who let him in the know on which of the local strip joints (i.e. not the tourist trap ones) were nice?

This is all assuming he actually went there.

Kinda funny as my brother works in a popular country bar, a good portion of the weekend scene is mormon girls gone wild for the weekend from St George.

I am in agreement with anyone thinking you would be crazy to go to school there so you could risk being expelled for something silly and have all your previous work nullified.
TheBMeistor!

Postby ProvoAggie » September 17th, 2013, 8:36 pm

jackmormon wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
jackmormon wrote:

I believe he was kicked out of school for the remainder of the year.

For the remainder of the semester... Which happened to be like 3 weeks. He was also out for Summer but back just in time for basketball to start.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Postby ViAggie » September 17th, 2013, 8:43 pm

:lol:
Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood
ViAggie

Postby ChicAggie » September 17th, 2013, 9:37 pm

I honestly don't think I've ever heard the name "Spencer Hadley" before. If he's a senior, I guess I've got to assume that I've seen him/heard of him from past seasons against the Ags, but I certainly have no recollection of him. I also suppose I may have seen him at the Spearmint Rhino.
"Things work out the best for the people who make the best of the way things work out.” ~ John Wooden
ChicAggie

Postby WAaggieFan » September 17th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Whatever happens, please, no one make any signs regarding any of this for the upcoming game. I'd hate to have to apologize to those bozos again. Sincerely, Stan Albrecht.
WAaggieFan

Postby Jayzep » September 17th, 2013, 9:53 pm

:golfclap: this
Jayzep

Postby brownjeans » September 17th, 2013, 9:54 pm

The dirtiest player on their team is suspended? The guy who dug his elbow into Chuckie's throat for a good 10 seconds until he had to get off him? This guy also can't keep team/school rules? Weird.
brownjeans
Flatulent

Next

Return to Merlin Olsen Field (Aggie Football)