USUFans Community Photoshop Masterpiece (Tennessee Version)

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie1990

Re: USUFans Community Photoshop Masterpiece (Tennessee Versi

Post by Aggie1990 » August 24th, 2014, 9:19 pm

I'd love to see some Monster Truck rally going on in here.

:utah: :state:

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 24th, 2014, 9:59 pm

Next

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 24th, 2014, 10:09 pm

This is a small addition. Hopefully it's visible enough to kind of see what it is.
Attachments
UT_BWagz.jpg

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » August 24th, 2014, 10:13 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:This is a small addition. Hopefully it's visible enough to kind of see what it is.
That's awesome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mysterion
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mysterion » August 25th, 2014, 10:54 am

Next

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » August 25th, 2014, 11:01 am

I made an attempt, though someone could do it better I'm sure.
Attachments
Tennessee photo.jpg

Mysterion

Post by Mysterion » August 25th, 2014, 11:07 am

A little prediction of the future.
Attachments
utscoreboard.jpg

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » August 25th, 2014, 12:09 pm

my turn again already?! NEXT.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » August 25th, 2014, 3:47 pm

picked up tinplater's request as well...
UT-3.jpg

UTAHTuba
Been thanked: 0

Post by UTAHTuba » August 26th, 2014, 5:57 pm

GBO
Troll

Post by GBO » August 26th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Does this comply with the mormon religion?

glendayle

Post by glendayle » August 26th, 2014, 6:49 pm

GBO wrote:Does this comply with the mormon religion?
Wrong forum. Let me help you out.
http://www.cougarboard.com/

Knox_Vol

Post by Knox_Vol » August 27th, 2014, 1:53 pm

UTAHTuba wrote:Image
As a Vol fan...

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » August 27th, 2014, 2:51 pm

This is a good start but we can't be done! Where are all our wise crackin' pranksters? This is right up your alley.

Only 4 days left to get this to a masterpiece level.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » August 27th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Knox_Vol wrote:
UTAHTuba wrote:Image
As a Vol fan...

:golfclap:

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » August 27th, 2014, 4:34 pm

I've got something, but it won't be done until tonight.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 27th, 2014, 6:15 pm

i love this thread.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 27th, 2014, 6:43 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:I've got something, but it won't be done until tonight.
Can we count this as a Next? I don't see anyone else jumping in before then.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » August 27th, 2014, 10:18 pm

Because it's going to be hot and humid. And, you know, this guy's cool.
Attachments
H7QDqnX2.jpg

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

captain68

Post by captain68 » August 28th, 2014, 11:29 am

BearLakeMonster wrote:Because it's going to be hot and humid. And, you know, this guy's cool.
And I like the fact that the Kool-aid is orange, much like the orange kool-aid that they have been drinking so much lately. I like it!!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 29th, 2014, 6:58 pm

I'm highly offended by that guy with the big tata's :puke:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan)

Post by Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan) » August 29th, 2014, 7:18 pm

These pics are funny. I like the text at the top of the stadium.
Keep in mind UT has had 21 losses in the last 3 years. The worst span of our entire football history. Of those 21 losses, 17 were to top 19 ranked teams . That is crazy. Our schedule is brutal year in and year out. So ask yourself, how would USU do in the SEC? USU played 3 ranked teams in 3 years UT played 17 in 3 years.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » August 29th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan) wrote:So ask yourself, how would USU do in the SEC? USU played 3 ranked teams in 3 years UT played 17 in 3 years.
That depends. Do we get 8 home games a year plus the TV and elite bowl game revenue, or just the elite conference schedule?

Given equal resources and time to recruit, I'd expect us to compete fairly well with mid-level SEC programs.

Now, it could be easily argued that we haven't "earned" those resources with a small fan base and little share of a small TV market, but the sportsman in me is more than a little offended that the most important prerequisite for a successful football team is now how close you are in geography to an audience, not competitive spirit or tradition.

Sent from the Blogosphere over the Aether

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » August 29th, 2014, 8:01 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan) wrote:So ask yourself, how would USU do in the SEC? USU played 3 ranked teams in 3 years UT played 17 in 3 years.
That depends. Do we get 8 home games a year plus the TV and elite bowl game revenue, or just the elite conference schedule?

Given equal resources and time to recruit, I'd expect us to compete fairly well with mid-level SEC programs.

Now, it could be easily argued that we haven't "earned" those resources with a small fan base and little share of a small TV market, but the sportsman in me is more than a little offended that the most important prerequisite for a successful football team is now how close you are in geography to an audience, not competitive spirit or tradition.

Sent from the Blogosphere over the Aether

I love this post.

ConvoAggie

Post by ConvoAggie » August 29th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan) wrote:These pics are funny. I like the text at the top of the stadium.
Keep in mind UT has had 21 losses in the last 3 years. The worst span of our entire football history. Of those 21 losses, 17 were to top 19 ranked teams . That is crazy. Our schedule is brutal year in and year out. So ask yourself, how would USU do in the SEC? USU played 3 ranked teams in 3 years UT played 17 in 3 years.
You guys are so good! I'm very impressed by all your quality losses. We've only played 3 top 25 teams in 3 years, but given that we've gone 1-2 in those games, it is reasonable to believe that we would do at least as well as y'all. 1-16, right?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » August 29th, 2014, 10:22 pm

ConvoAggie wrote:
Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan) wrote:These pics are funny. I like the text at the top of the stadium.
You guys are so good! I'm very impressed by all your quality losses. We've only played 3 top 25 teams in 3 years, but given that we've gone 1-2 in those games, it is reasonable to believe that we would do at least as well as y'all. 1-16, right?
Actually 2-1 in those games. 66% winning percentage against ranked teams the last 3 years.

ConvoAggie

Post by ConvoAggie » August 30th, 2014, 1:51 am

Thanks for the correction. After looking at it more closely, we have actually played 5 games against top 25 teams in the last three years, and are 2-3. We had a 4 point loss to Auburn (19 in USA Today poll), a 2 point loss to Wisconsin (22- USA Today), a 7 point win against Louisiana Tech (19- AP Poll), a 7 point loss against Fresno State (24- AP), and a 7 point win against Northern Illinois (24- AP).
Now I am even less impressed by UT's 1-16 mark. How is it that we've won more games against top 25 teams than them while playing about a third as many? For the record, I don't mean to be disparaging to UT. I have a lot of respect for y'all's program, but damn you have seen some lean years. Hopefully this is the year that turns around for you... starting in September ;)

Please UT fans, don't give me any :bs: about playing teams in the top 5 or 10 making difference. If you were really competitive, I might give you a pass, but for the most part, you haven't been in those games. Also, spare me the :bs: about playing top 25 teams nearly every week. If were all about attrition, you should win the first hard game each year, right :headscratch: ? Plus, the teams you play against have the same concerns of injuries and fatigue. I really mean no disrespect, I just know the arguments/ excuses that are coming.

Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan)

Post by Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan) » August 30th, 2014, 4:37 am

Good discussion by all. As for rankings I pulled that info from ESPN. Fresno state and la tech are the 2 ranked teams played in last 2 years by USU. I understand this is a USU board and mean no disrespect, but you guys are propping yourself up highly over what? I understand how there are some in a fan base (we have our share) that are overly optimistic....but why USU vs UT?
As for the how you would compete in SEC question, I liked your answer. However, not really the question that was posed. I am talking about exact teams switching places. That is what we are talking about right? We are comparing USU vs UT. You want to tout a record and bowl wins recently, I simply say ok. Well how would the same team / talent fare if we switched places.
If UT loses I will be here saying congrats. It is not beyond reason, but not likely. How will you react?
I think UT is going to humble you quite a bit. You don't even see it coming. Best of luck, thanks for having me on your board.
GO VOLS.

Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan)

Post by Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan) » August 30th, 2014, 4:44 am

ConvoAggie wrote:
I really like all of your national championships...oh wait, never mind.

seriously, if your only response to factual data is sarcasm it just tells me that I am talking with a mental midget. Facts are facts. You have beaten no one. When we kick you in the face and send you back home, I will be sure to come on here and taunt you. Just you ConvoAggie because you have earned it.

One more thing...you are living in a fantasy world if you think keaton is going to be the same as pre-injury. Come on kickoff!

ConvoAggie

Post by ConvoAggie » August 30th, 2014, 5:29 am

Bill, welcome to our board. I hope you enjoyed our threads and I hope to see you here again, win or lose. Please refer again to your AP poll. You will see we have played 3 top 25 in the last two years, and beaten 2 of them (2 other losses came against teams that were in the USA Today Poll, but not the AP Poll). Indeed, I can think of no facts that you have shared that show we could not compete in the SEC. This record (fact) of 2-1 against top 25 teams does show that we can compete and win against top 25 teams. The 1-16 record (fact) that Tennessee holds against top 25 teams shows that you have a slightly harder time with it. I'm not saying we would go 6-16, but I'm fairly confident we would not do any worse than 1-16. Keep in mind, none of our games against top 25 teams have been at home. Presumably about half of yours have been. If you doubt we could steal at least one of those games, you haven't seen enough Aggie football in the past 3 years. You will see enough on Sunday, though.
As an afterthought, you must have only skimmed through my posts, because I clearly addressed your question. Sorry if you didn't like my answer, but that doesn't mean it was wrong.

ConvoAggie

Post by ConvoAggie » August 30th, 2014, 5:34 am

One more thing from me. Vol fans keep bringing up Chuckie's ACL. Would that be as HUGE of an issue if he were a pocket passer? You all seem to think he is just a running quarterback. He is a great passer! Yes, he does move around very well in the pocket, but he doesn't run as often as you think. He threw 18 touchdowns to 2 interceptions in 5.5 games. I think he'll be fine if he has to rely on his arm instead of his legs.

Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan)

Post by Bill Brewskie (Vol Fan) » August 30th, 2014, 6:53 am

ConvoAggie wrote:Bill, welcome to our board. I hope you enjoyed our threads and I hope to see you here again, win or lose. Please refer again to your AP poll. You will see we have played 3 top 25 in the last two years, and beaten 2 of them (2 other losses came against teams that were in the USA Today Poll, but not the AP Poll). Indeed, I can think of no facts that you have shared that show we could not compete in the SEC. This record (fact) of 2-1 against top 25 teams does show that we can compete and win against top 25 teams. The 1-16 record (fact) that Tennessee holds against top 25 teams shows that you have a slightly harder time with it. I'm not saying we would go 6-16, but I'm fairly confident we would not do any worse than 1-16. Keep in mind, none of our games against top 25 teams have been at home. Presumably about half of yours have been. If you doubt we could steal at least one of those games, you haven't seen enough Aggie football in the past 3 years. You will see enough on Sunday, though.
As an afterthought, you must have only skimmed through my posts, because I clearly addressed your question. Sorry if you didn't like my answer, but that doesn't mean it was wrong.
i am not saying that you could not compete in the sec I am just saying that it is more difficult especially with our schedule. UT has been down for a bit. four coaches in a six year span will crush any program. We will rebound eventually and it looks like we have some stability. Finally!
As for Keaton I don't discount his arm. I know how difficult it is to come back from an injury regardless. In the end, I hope that we have a good game between the two teams and NO INJURIES!! If that happens it will be hard to be disappointed.
best of luck. also, i dont think 3 ranked teams is a large enough sample size to declare we have a harder time with ranked opponents than USU. I don't consider La Tech and Fresno State powerhouses. just my opinion, worth what you paid for it.

NashVol

Post by NashVol » August 30th, 2014, 8:35 am

BearLakeMonster wrote:Because it's going to be hot and humid. And, you know, this guy's cool.
Congrats for covering just about every stereotype of the South in general and UT more specifically in one photo. The painful thing is I've seen a few of these things in my travels which means that I've lived too long to give you my age here :roll: These things are not as prevalent as they once were but I won't say never. Pretty funny stuff though, my compliments to the contributors and their vivid imagination but stop watching Deliverance sometime before kickoff or you might be too afraid to enter the stadium - it is by the river, you know. :lol:

Smokey23

Post by Smokey23 » August 30th, 2014, 11:48 am

ViAggie wrote:I'm highly offended by that guy with the big tata's :puke:
Look into the Utah State fan called "Wild Bill" lol

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » August 30th, 2014, 12:14 pm

Someone with the mad photoshop skills please say 'next' and let's get this thread back on track.

Locked Previous topicNext topic