Is there reason to believe that.....

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
DuckinVol
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Is there reason to believe that.....

Post by DuckinVol » August 28th, 2014, 4:10 pm

I've never bet on a ball game in my life, but I'd be sore tempted if someone actually offered an over/under on UT having 80 yards of total offense. If you really believe that enough to put money on it, go over to Volnation and post it up. You'll make enough in one game to buy the state of Utah and Tennessee.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 28th, 2014, 4:13 pm

DuckinVol wrote:I've never bet on a ball game in my life, but I'd be sore tempted if someone actually offered an over/under on UT having 80 yards of total offense. If you really believe that enough to put money on it, go over to Volnation and post it up. You'll make enough in one game to buy the state of Utah and Tennessee.
even though he didn't say it, I think he meant rushing yards only.

Full

Post by Full » August 28th, 2014, 4:16 pm

Back to the original OP, I think the coaching will be better. USC stands out as the game where we could have used a little more hand the ball to #6 mentality. I think Tennessee's weakness is at the D-line, DT in particular, and running the ball up the middle will bring some success. If that is what happens it helps run the clock in the fourth and keeps their WR off the field as a bonus.
tkmad wrote:The team we put out on the field this year is better than the healthy team from last year?

I think back to the USC game last year. USC was a mess. No one was at the game. The team was quitting on their coach. We had Chuckie and our O-line filled with experienced seniors. I feel like that was a game that we should have won. Knowing that we didn't, can this year's team go into a full stadium, against a team full of hope, and get the W when last year's team couldn't do it against that USC team?

I've been pretty high on our chances at Tennessee but this line of thought has derailed some of my enthusiasm about our chances.

smileyface

Post by smileyface » August 28th, 2014, 4:18 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
DuckinVol wrote:I've never bet on a ball game in my life, but I'd be sore tempted if someone actually offered an over/under on UT having 80 yards of total offense. If you really believe that enough to put money on it, go over to Volnation and post it up. You'll make enough in one game to buy the state of Utah and Tennessee.
even though he didn't say it, I think he meant rushing yards only.
Ah. Right you are Quack. I think as a team Tenn gets closer to 300. But i meant combined rushing.

Self-appointed Lord of Aggie Football Wikipedia. Please visit at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_State_Aggies_football and feel free to make accuracy changes.

DuckinVol

Post by DuckinVol » August 28th, 2014, 4:22 pm

No problem. You'll get just as much action on the rushing yards bet. I realize y'all have had a very good defense against the rush, but it's the rare Vol fan that isn't absolutely certain we'll be over 150 on the ground.

InspectorVol

Post by InspectorVol » August 28th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Coloraggie wrote:I'm sorry if that came out wrong Inspector, I wasn't saying UT couldn't or hasn't gotten better. In fact, I expect Tennessee to be much better this year, it may not show in record but it will at least show in being more competitive in more games. I was just saying the lower half of the UT posters on here think just because you lost to Alabama than that means you don't have to worry about USU. They have been saying that about our defense and about offense. For example, I have seen it stated that UT isn't worried about a spread offense because you played Oregon and Auburn last year, but you gave up 114 points in those two games so it doesn't mean you can stop them. It also doesn't guarantee USU will do the same. Now they are saying they think they will roll all over our defense because Alabama does some of the same things but you didn't really move the ball on Alabama either.

Some UT posters have taken the time to state that UT players are bigger, faster, stronger than they were last year, have another year in the system, that some starters have been beaten out by better players and a couple of awesome players redshirted last year and are back this year. Those are things that have me worried about this game and appreciate those of you who have shared actual insight and thought. Most of you who have done that think Tennessee will win but it will be fairly close and I respect that. But there is the other half of posters that think UT will blow out USU because you have lost big-time to Alabama, Oregon, Auburn and such and losing to them is enough to beat USU.

Some UT posters probably think USU only has about a 10% chance to win the cointoss because Tennessee had to go up against an SEC coin toss nearly every game last year so they are prepared for but we aren't.
Don't worry about it. I know this is an Aggie site, but I have just become amazed at how everything favors the Aggies. It has become comical, but fans are fans so it really is to be expected from all of us. We are excited and hope for the future for the 1st time in several years now....we can't help ourselves.

smileyface

Post by smileyface » August 28th, 2014, 5:30 pm

InspectorVol wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:I'm sorry if that came out wrong Inspector, I wasn't saying UT couldn't or hasn't gotten better. In fact, I expect Tennessee to be much better this year, it may not show in record but it will at least show in being more competitive in more games. I was just saying the lower half of the UT posters on here think just because you lost to Alabama than that means you don't have to worry about USU. They have been saying that about our defense and about offense. For example, I have seen it stated that UT isn't worried about a spread offense because you played Oregon and Auburn last year, but you gave up 114 points in those two games so it doesn't mean you can stop them. It also doesn't guarantee USU will do the same. Now they are saying they think they will roll all over our defense because Alabama does some of the same things but you didn't really move the ball on Alabama either.

Some UT posters have taken the time to state that UT players are bigger, faster, stronger than they were last year, have another year in the system, that some starters have been beaten out by better players and a couple of awesome players redshirted last year and are back this year. Those are things that have me worried about this game and appreciate those of you who have shared actual insight and thought. Most of you who have done that think Tennessee will win but it will be fairly close and I respect that. But there is the other half of posters that think UT will blow out USU because you have lost big-time to Alabama, Oregon, Auburn and such and losing to them is enough to beat USU.

Some UT posters probably think USU only has about a 10% chance to win the cointoss because Tennessee had to go up against an SEC coin toss nearly every game last year so they are prepared for but we aren't.
Don't worry about it. I know this is an Aggie site, but I have just become amazed at how everything favors the Aggies. It has become comical, but fans are fans so it really is to be expected from all of us. We are excited and hope for the future for the 1st time in several years now....we can't help ourselves.
To be fair, what kind of fan board would we be if most things weren't positives for our team? As objective as I like to try to be, I also recognize that I am a fan and see the world as such.

Interesting side-note, any thoughts on our running vs y'all? It hasn't been brought up much, but we have an explosive RB (when he wants to be) Do you think it will be QB vs QB? I'm fairly confident in our defenses ability to shut down the run game. But what about your run defense?

Self-appointed Lord of Aggie Football Wikipedia. Please visit at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_State_Aggies_football and feel free to make accuracy changes.

InspectorVol

Post by InspectorVol » August 28th, 2014, 5:54 pm

smileyface wrote:
InspectorVol wrote:

To be fair, what kind of fan board would we be if most things weren't positives for our team? As objective as I like to try to be, I also recognize that I am a fan and see the world as such.

Interesting side-note, any thoughts on our running vs y'all? It hasn't been brought up much, but we have an explosive RB (when he wants to be) Do you think it will be QB vs QB? I'm fairly confident in our defenses ability to shut down the run game. But what about your run defense?
That is a question that will be answered Sunday. Are we more athletic and have more depth in the front 7 than last year......yes we are. What will that mean...IDK. We didn't get beat up the middle last year, it was to the outside mostly.....we just could not cut the corner off. Bad DE play, and lack of speed, bad angles all contributed to it. That is the best answer I have.

smileyface

Post by smileyface » August 28th, 2014, 5:57 pm

InspectorVol wrote:
smileyface wrote:
InspectorVol wrote:

That is a question that will be answered Sunday. Are we more athletic and have more depth in the front 7 than last year......yes we are. What will that mean...IDK. We didn't get beat up the middle last year, it was to the outside mostly.....we just could not cut the corner off. Bad DE play, and lack of speed, bad angles all contributed to it. That is the best answer I have.

:noidea: Good enough. This board is all speculation anyways.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 28th, 2014, 7:02 pm

InspectorVol wrote:Don't worry about it. I know this is an Aggie site, but I have just become amazed at how everything favors the Aggies. It has become comical, but fans are fans so it really is to be expected from all of us. We are excited and hope for the future for the 1st time in several years now....we can't help ourselves.
And with Tennessee fans everything favors the Vols. Aggie fans are for the most part at least just predicting a close game. Over on VolNation everyone is saying that this game with be a major blowout because USU is just a lowly MWC team and apparently you guys pummeled Western Kentucky when the experts were predicting an upset. As fans we talk about what we know. I'll be honest, I haven't followed Tennessee football at all the last decade because you guys haven't been all that interesting to follow. I do hope that you are improved this year and I hope that we are improved as well. You say that Chuckie Keeton will be witnessing something that he's never seen but as a true Freshman he walked into Auburn and did his part to beat the reigning National Champions (we were ahead the last time he saw the field). That Auburn team may not have been National Championship caliber but they did better that season than Tennessee has done since 2007 and they are also a mighty SEC team.

InspectorVol

Post by InspectorVol » August 28th, 2014, 9:13 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
InspectorVol wrote:Don't worry about it. I know this is an Aggie site, but I have just become amazed at how everything favors the Aggies. It has become comical, but fans are fans so it really is to be expected from all of us. We are excited and hope for the future for the 1st time in several years now....we can't help ourselves.
And with Tennessee fans everything favors the Vols. Aggie fans are for the most part at least just predicting a close game. Over on VolNation everyone is saying that this game with be a major blowout because USU is just a lowly MWC team and apparently you guys pummeled Western Kentucky when the experts were predicting an upset. As fans we talk about what we know. I'll be honest, I haven't followed Tennessee football at all the last decade because you guys haven't been all that interesting to follow. I do hope that you are improved this year and I hope that we are improved as well. You say that Chuckie Keeton will be witnessing something that he's never seen but as a true Freshman he walked into Auburn and did his part to beat the reigning National Champions (we were ahead the last time he saw the field). That Auburn team may not have been National Championship caliber but they did better that season than Tennessee has done since 2007 and they are also a mighty SEC team.
Do you feel better now? You responded to me yet talked about crap I was not discussing, and you got in your dig about how bad we suck plus pumped yourself up. I thank you for putting me in my place as I was getting a bit uppity. Perhaps one day, since I plan to vacation in Utah sometime, I will be able to meet you for lunch and soak in your greatness. We don't have to actually meet I suppose, if you could just let me know where you may be and when you walk by greeting your subjects I might be able to just touch the hem of your garment and become enlightened. Now that I think about it, who am I to set at a table with you. I hope you can forgive me.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 28th, 2014, 9:39 pm

InspectorVol wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Do you feel better now? You responded to me yet talked about crap I was not discussing, and you got in your dig about how bad we suck plus pumped yourself up. I thank you for putting me in my place as I was getting a bit uppity. Perhaps one day, since I plan to vacation in Utah sometime, I will be able to meet you for lunch and soak in your greatness. We don't have to actually meet I suppose, if you could just let me know where you may be and when you walk by greeting your subjects I might be able to just touch the hem of your garment and become enlightened. Now that I think about it, who am I to set at a table with you. I hope you can forgive me.
I wasn't putting you down at all. You made the point that we are a bunch of homers, I replied that you guys are too and left some examples. I'm sorry if that made you mad. The fact is, none of us know what's going to happen on Sunday night. I believe that our predictions will be close to those of most Tennessee fans (we haven't been blown out in a few years now and we've played some very good teams). I was mostly just trying to point out that for the most part, Tennessee fans aren't giving USU any credit and while we may not be giving you as much as you'd like? We have more respect for Tennessee than Tennessee seems to have for us.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » August 28th, 2014, 9:55 pm

InspectorVol, why so sensitive?

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » August 28th, 2014, 9:56 pm

InspectorVol wrote:

It is the same on volunteer nation (ie everything favors Tennessee ) And I am amazed how ignorant most of the posts are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InspectorVol

Post by InspectorVol » August 28th, 2014, 10:03 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
InspectorVol wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
I wasn't putting you down at all. You made the point that we are a bunch of homers, I replied that you guys are too and left some examples. I'm sorry if that made you mad. The fact is, none of us know what's going to happen on Sunday night. I believe that our predictions will be close to those of most Tennessee fans (we haven't been blown out in a few years now and we've played some very good teams). I was mostly just trying to point out that for the most part, Tennessee fans aren't giving USU any credit and while we may not be giving you as much as you'd like? We have more respect for Tennessee than Tennessee seems to have for us.
I made the same point about homers. I ain't mad bro. I have said it until I am blue in the face dont go read volnation. If you think that represents the UT fanbase you are waaay wrong. I have not said anything negative about USU and have been saying for weeks that I have no clue what will happen. My son and I have talked about it and figure it will be close but hope we can pull it out. Would like to see us put you away, but that doesn't happen to you guys much if any lately. I was impressed with the Auburn game, regardless of how good they were not. It was USU's hard nosed play that left an impression on me. The only thing I have said is I don't you guys will blow us out (as one or two have said) at home unless we just melt down emotionally.

I will be anxious to see how you guys respond win or lose.

InspectorVol

Post by InspectorVol » August 28th, 2014, 10:05 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
InspectorVol wrote:

It is the same on volunteer nation (ie everything favors Tennessee ) And I am amazed how ignorant most of the posts are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your chance of finding sane comments there are slim and none.

Locked Previous topicNext topic