Bring on Boise

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Bring on Boise

Post by slcagg » November 23rd, 2014, 7:04 am

Do we still have the horses to honestly compete? Boise is going for style points right now (Look at the Wyo game last night), they have an outside shot at getting to the access bowl if they win out. I really am looking forward to this game. A win up there for what they are playing for would be awesome!

Agezzz

Re: Bring on Boise

Post by Agezzz » November 23rd, 2014, 7:53 am

This will be a great game but I don't think we have the horses to pull a win out. It should be close but I don't think we get there. At some point we need to be able to beat Boise to really be considered at the top of the conference. I believe they are beatable, and I believe they are the best team in the conference. But can the Aggies do it? I HOPE it's this week, but my head tells me NO. I would love to see CSU lose to AFA and be playing for the Mountain Championship. Even without that opportunity, this game is a statement game for either Boise State or USU.

Go Aggies and I hope I'm so wrong!!!!

I'm really beginning to REALLY dislike these late start times.... especially this time of year.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 23rd, 2014, 8:34 am

I think the main reason boise put up so many points is that Wyoming has nothing to play for. Maybe the did at the begining of the game, but once they got behind they lost all hope.
The same thing applies for AF next week. Do they give it their all? Or does the fact that they are already in a bowl game give them nothing to play for other than bragging rights? Hopefully their loss this week gives them a boost to not loose two in a row.

Where only sage brush grows

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » November 23rd, 2014, 8:54 am

The last two Boise home games were come from behind victories for the home team. But In the end the victories were decisive. IMO, to win the Aggies will have to stretch the field. Otherwise BSU will load up a wide box and stop the running game altogether. Myers hasn't thrown long yet can he? On defense we need to play a 4-2-5 to a) slow down #27 and b) limit their passing game. Those things along with hard play and a bit of luck could win the night for the Ags. Otherwise it's something like 28-14 - BSU.

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » November 23rd, 2014, 8:56 am

The prediction I saw (Massey) has the game margin at 4 points. That's close enough that there's a good chance either team could win. Boise will be playing for the CCG - they'll be very motivated. We won't know until after the AF/CSU game if we are playing for the CCG. But either way I think the Aggie players will be very motivated to knock off Boise. If they (and AF) pull it off (and also win the CCG) then this team will be able to brag that they won the Mountain West and knocked off Boise and byu all in the same year. They would then go to a very nice bowl.

But that's all getting way ahead of the game right in front of them. I think they win by a field goal regardless of whether it means they go to the CCG or not.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

BSUbluNorange
Has thanked: 0

Post by BSUbluNorange » November 23rd, 2014, 9:20 am

MrBiggle wrote:The same thing applies for AF next week. Do they give it their all? Or does the fact that they are already in a bowl game give them nothing to play for other than bragging rights? Hopefully their loss this week gives them a boost to not loose two in a row.
I think we both have a good shot of seeing CSU go down to AFA. AFA is playing for something, not only did they take a drubbing last year to avenge but there;s a trophy on the line:

jackmormon
RIP

Post by jackmormon » November 23rd, 2014, 10:24 am

BobWilson wrote:The last two Boise home games were come from behind victories for the home team. But In the end the victories were decisive. IMO, to win the Aggies will have to stretch the field. Otherwise BSU will load up a wide box and stop the running game altogether. Myers hasn't thrown long yet can he? On defense we need to play a 4-2-5 to a) slow down #27 and b) limit their passing game. Those things along with hard play and a bit of luck could win the night for the Ags. Otherwise it's something like 28-14 - BSU.
Huh?

Donman

Post by Donman » November 23rd, 2014, 10:27 am

He has and thrown some very nice ones

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 23rd, 2014, 10:35 am

I always think the Ags will win. Why not? They have already pulled off some miracles this year.

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » November 23rd, 2014, 10:36 am

Not concerned with Myers. Kid is very talented. Yes he can throw down field. My concern is all the injuries finally starting to catch up with us on D over the last few weeks.

glendayle
Been thanked: 0

Post by glendayle » November 23rd, 2014, 11:31 am

Myers throws the deep ball just fine. Throws well on the run and has been making good reads. I realize that the teams are not as good as BSU, but I think he will be just fine.

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » November 23rd, 2014, 5:38 pm

My apology to Mr. Myers and his fan club. I haven't seen every play and was going in part on what I had read e.g. that Wells was keeping him short.

glendayle
Been thanked: 0

Post by glendayle » November 23rd, 2014, 9:39 pm

If he was coming into his first or second game I'd be more worried. At this point he's played more qb for us than any other qb.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » November 23rd, 2014, 10:44 pm

I don't see Myers as the problem but we have lost too many starters to beat BSU on the horribly ugly blue turf. Our defense is solid but nothing like it was.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 23rd, 2014, 10:54 pm

I think we'll see some surprises out of the game plan by Wells. He's had 6 weeks to prep for this game.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 24th, 2014, 7:11 am

Just too many injuries on both sides of the ball. With the recent rash of injuries on the D' the run defense has become above average rather than great. Unfortunately, I see Ajai having a big game and an outcome similar to last years.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 24th, 2014, 8:45 am

BobWilson wrote:My apology to Mr. Myers and his fan club. I haven't seen every play and was going in part on what I had read e.g. that Wells was keeping him short.
We forgive you.

-The Self-Appointed President of the Kent Myers Fan Club.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 24th, 2014, 10:18 am

Man, what I would give for LT Filiaga and Nick Vigil at 100% in this game. I think we're seeing LT Filiaga was a little underrated in the rush defense. I have noticed a difference since he went out. He has a lot of size and power that can really stuff the run. What we're replacing him with doesn't have that. Then obviously Nick Vigil isn't completely healthy either.

I'm not too optimistic about being able to shut down Ajayi with the depleted LB corp we currently have. I'm not sure we have the horses on defense but we'll see.

I am flying up from Denver for the game though and am incredibly excited for it. You never know what can happen.

Locked Previous topicNext topic