Wont complain about ONLY getting big plays this week

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Wont complain about ONLY getting big plays this week

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 8th, 2015, 12:48 pm

On the radio last night, Wells mentioned that Fresno likes to blitz alot so they are feast or famine, and In other words, they risk giving up big plays in return for the possibility of getting big stops for losses or turnovers. And that despite their 1-4 record, they are among the leaders in sacks.

And some people complain about a lack of solid offensive drives and only scoring on big plays. But with Fresno being a defense that schemes as such to risk giving up big plays, so trying to score on big plays instead of solid muli-play drives is the way to go against them. So I won't complain if the conversation after this game, like the case other times, is how we did little to nothing if you take away the big plays.

Whereas in contrast, I can remember going into the Poinsettia Bowl against Northern Illinois, and thinking that even when we didn't score, we did need to at least move the ball, getting first downs, and an NIU fan told us that we weren't likely to get too many three and outs cause they play a bend but dont break defense, and defenses like that are the ones you try to put together solid multi play drives against when they will scheme to give you those but take away the big play.

Quelch

Re: Wont complain about ONLY getting big plays this week

Post by Quelch » October 8th, 2015, 8:50 pm

I have no problem if we fail to have slow sustained drives or fast drives and get a lot of first downs. If we score on the big plays with all of the blitzing going on by the Dawgs, who really cares? If we scored all of our points on Special Teams or Defense, I would have not problem with it if we win!

I think that many on this board expect an awful lot of this team. Expectations are great but this program is still in development. So far I have predicted almost every game this season to a T-----. The only thing I have been wrong with so far was the almost lost to SUU. I don't think any of us would have thought that game would be so tough. When the schedule came out, I predicted a loss to Fresno St.. I no longer think that will happen, as I didn't think that Fresno was going to be so bad. I knew they were in rebuilding mode, but they usually seem to get things figured out. Yes, they could still beat USU but I doubt it will happen.

Having been a fan for so long, I am enjoying the way our team is playing so much and how we are winning most of the time. Aggie Football is a blast!!! I can't wait until the next game.

Go Aggies!!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic