Get your club seats while you can

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dogie

Get your club seats while you can

Post by dogie » June 14th, 2016, 9:50 pm

If you are thinking about getting club seats for the football season, I suggest making the purchase sooner rather than later this summer. There are seven sections in the club seating area, numbered C1 through C7, starting at the north end of the field. Section C4 is completely sold out, with the possible exception of a couple of isolated single seats.

My family and I just bought a block of tickets in section C5, which extends from about the south 30 yard line to about the 41 yard line. There are a few more seats in that section, but they won't be for long.

There are a few more seats on the corresponding section C3 on the north side of the field, but they also won't last much longer. Any seat in those three middle sections will be great, and those in C2 and C6 will be quite good.

The cost of each seat is $325, plus a special-purpose $1,000 donation that will be used to pay for the new construction. That donation will also give you credit for parking, but otherwise won't give you benefits - i.e., it won't contribute to your basketball premium seating opportunities.

There was a policy of requiring a three-year commitment, but that has been dropped. The benefits of acting now is that there are still some very good seats available, and you'll obviously be able to lock them in long term once you have them. This kind of selection won't be available as we get closer to the football season or in future years.

dogie

Re: Get your club seats while you can

Post by dogie » June 14th, 2016, 9:54 pm

If you are interested, contact either Josh Knowles or Harrison Walker in the ticket office:

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/genrel/052016aaa.html

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 15th, 2016, 9:45 am

Not doubting your post, but this is the first I have heard that club seats are moving well. I have heard from a handful of informed people that there are still a lot of club seats available and demand for those seats has fallen short of expectations.

Perhaps removing the three-year commitment has accelerated sales.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » June 15th, 2016, 10:39 am

Intermeddler wrote:Not doubting your post, but this is the first I have heard that club seats are moving well. I have heard from a handful of informed people that there are still a lot of club seats available and demand for those seats has fallen short of expectations.

I didn't read into that from his post, he said that one of the seven sections is mostly sold out, and that 2 of the remaining 6 still have inventory but it is starting to go faster, so if you want to sit in one of the middle 3 sections you might want to hurry.

That still leaves 4 sections that I assume are relatively empty as no one is going to purposefully pay the same price to be further from the 50 yard line, especially given the number of rows isn't enough to impact sight lines, and aisle seats are less valuable given the extra room/leg room in the club seats.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » June 15th, 2016, 10:57 am

They really should taper off the ticket price for the sections outside C5 and C4 and C6. That said, if you can get a seat in sections C4-6, you're going to have locked in the best seats in the stadium.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » June 15th, 2016, 12:36 pm

rAggie wrote:They really should taper off the ticket price for the sections outside C5 and C4 and C6. That said, if you can get a seat in sections C4-6, you're going to have locked in the best seats in the stadium.
Agreed. And even though the donation is not "BBSF", it should still count towards basketball ticket donation levels. I could see that being a tipping point for those that hold tickets for both sports, as the total donation required goes up for them substantially.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » June 15th, 2016, 5:01 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:it should still count towards basketball ticket donation levels.
Disagree on this. The club seat donation is specifically paying back a capital improvement, so it's a little different. You don't want to rob from Peter to pay Paul, which is what would happen if you treated it like any general donation.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » June 15th, 2016, 5:25 pm

rAggie wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:it should still count towards basketball ticket donation levels.
Disagree on this. The club seat donation is specifically paying back a capital improvement, so it's a little different. You don't want to rob from Peter to pay Paul, which is what would happen if you treated it like any general donation.
I'm just looking it at it from the perspective of someone who is used to making, for example, a $2,000 annual donation for 4 seats in the $500 donation level for football (previous most expensive seats), and would also get 4 basketball tickets in the $400 level. So their donation for the year was $2,000. Now they decide to get club seats, expecting their total donation to increase from $2,000 to $4,000, only to find out the basketball is separate so it is really an increase from $2,000 to $5,600. Tougher pill to swallow.

I get what you're saying, but the club seats are expensive enough for cache valley, throwing in the need to make a large separate donation for basketball is certainly a factor in the low ticket sale volume.

Rabidchild

Post by Rabidchild » June 15th, 2016, 6:22 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
Intermeddler wrote:Not doubting your post, but this is the first I have heard that club seats are moving well. I have heard from a handful of informed people that there are still a lot of club seats available and demand for those seats has fallen short of expectations.

I didn't read into that from his post, he said that one of the seven sections is mostly sold out, and that 2 of the remaining 6 still have inventory but it is starting to go faster, so if you want to sit in one of the middle 3 sections you might want to hurry.

That still leaves 4 sections that I assume are relatively empty as no one is going to purposefully pay the same price to be further from the 50 yard line, especially given the number of rows isn't enough to impact sight lines, and aisle seats are less valuable given the extra room/leg room in the club seats.
Maybe they could lower the price slightly.... say, from $325 to $275, but honestly there really is not much difference in view from the 30 yard line as there is from the 40 at MOFARS. And most of what you're paying for is the premium seating and access to the club level amenities - to which everyone has equal access. The difference between being on the 50 or being 10-20 yards away isn't all that significant, in my opinion.

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Rabidchild

Post by Rabidchild » June 15th, 2016, 6:26 pm

rAggie wrote:
I'm actually quite surprised that it won't count toward basketball tickets. My understanding was that the $1,000 was a minimum BBSF donation per ticket. Dogie's post here is the first I have ever heard about it being a capital contribution that will not count as a BBSF donation for use in purchasing basketball tickets. I personally don't care because I don't buy basketball season tickets, as I live out of state. But if I did intend to use the $1,000 contribution for basketball tickets as well, I'd be a little bit miffed that this was never explained to me when I ordered my 3 club level seats. Maybe I just needed to read the fine print. Either way, I'm very excited about my seats in section C5! See you at the club level buffet, Dogie!

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » June 15th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Rabidchild wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:

Maybe they could lower the price slightly.... say, from $325 to $275, but honestly there really is not much difference in view from the 30 yard line as there is from the 40 at MOFARS. And most of what you're paying for is the premium seating and access to the club level amenities - to which everyone has equal access. The difference between being on the 50 or being 10-20 yards away isn't all that significant, in my opinion.
I don't disagree, but I don't see it being likely that given the choice, someone would choose to be at the 30 rather than the 50. Lowering the donation level to say $800 at the edges would maybe spur a little more sales.

Rabidchild

Post by Rabidchild » June 15th, 2016, 6:38 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
Rabidchild wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:

I don't disagree, but I don't see it being likely that given the choice, someone would choose to be at the 30 rather than the 50. Lowering the donation level to say $800 at the edges would maybe spur a little more sales.
Maybe they'll have to do that, and speaking as someone who paid the $1,000 + $325 for a seat around the 40 yard line, I would not be opposed if that's what it takes for them to sell off the slightly-less-good seats. That being said, right now there is no choice between 50 and 30, as the seats around the 50 yard line are sold out.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » June 16th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Thankfully in the FAQ on usumaverikstadium.com they tell you explicitly that the donation doesn't count for anything else:

Does this count toward my Big Blue Scholarship Fund seat donations for basketball or additional football?

No. All gifts associated with premium seating are considered a capital gift toward the Maverik Stadium redevelopment project.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » June 17th, 2016, 6:16 pm

It doesn't seem like the upper seats in C1 and C7 will have a view of the whole field. Especially then endzone on their side. Maybe I'm wrong but the viewing angles don't look good.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » June 17th, 2016, 9:15 pm

These seats may not sell out this year, but that's alright with me. I hope that the people who go to the Champions Buffet and get to park in the West parking lot and receive all of the other benefits that go with the club seats rub it in their doubting friends noses come November when they are sitting toasty warm in their club seats while their friends wish they had stayed home and watched the game on TV.

This is the way it goes folks. We wanted big time football. We wanted the amenities that go with big time football, and now that they have been offered to us, all we want to do is bit*h about the price of them. The suites sold out fast. The patio suites are almost sold out. The club seats are 2/3 sold out, and after this year they will be sold out. You're either in or you're left out. That's about the size of it.

So get in while the iron is hot, or you and the "dogs can bark while the caravan drives on."

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » June 18th, 2016, 12:34 am

Aggies forever will enjoy the club seats and champions buffet together
We toured it. Even the view from far north and far south club seats is amazing. When I purchased mine I was skeptical.
Not now. Champions buffet two hrs before and during game. Big padded seats
Ample leg room. And oh yeah heated overhead radiant comfort
Immediate family count at least 24. I have a Meager 4 seats. But so
Pleased I did it
Come family day, when you are able to see the magnificence. No , I'm
Not promoting, but many will join in
There will never be a discount for any club seats. Regardless of section, they are all simply magnificent

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 18th, 2016, 6:24 am

Agreed AF and Buck. I don't see the argument here. If you don't see the justification of spending that kind of money on seats and donations then don't spend it and buy what you can justify. I buy seats where I can justify the cost and don't really worry about what I cannot. We have some of the cheapest tickets in college football. If I remember correctly Boise visitor section seats are about $75. Our cheap season tix are around $95 for 6 games. I feel we are well priced.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » June 18th, 2016, 6:24 am

AggiesForever wrote:These seats may not sell out this year, but that's alright with me. I hope that the people who go to the Champions Buffet and get to park in the West parking lot and receive all of the other benefits that go with the club seats rub it in their doubting friends noses come November when they are sitting toasty warm in their club seats while their friends wish they had stayed home and watched the game on TV.

This is the way it goes folks. We wanted big time football. We wanted the amenities that go with big time football, and now that they have been offered to us, all we want to do is bit*h about the price of them. The suites sold out fast. The patio suites are almost sold out. The club seats are 2/3 sold out, and after this year they will be sold out. You're either in or you're left out. That's about the size of it.

So get in while the iron is hot, or you and the "dogs can bark while the caravan drives on."
Never complained, just suggested that the prices might be too high for Cache Valley.

Enough of the "you want big time football and this is what it takes" talk. Just moved to Utah from Pittsburgh, and Pitt has way more college football tradition, and the city of Pittsburgh is a fantastic sports town that has plenty of fans willing to pay for sports. That being said, their non club seats for the lower level (for an apples to apples comparison) are $187-$352. Ours are $90-$775, so a cheaper on the low end, but way higher at the top. Their club seats range from $512-$887, ours are $1325. I've sat in the Pitt club seats and from what I've seen are every bit as nice as ours, and not to mention they are highly valuable to the fans there because they're the only part of the stadium that sells alcohol.

My point? It is possible we've out priced our fan base (I hope I'm wrong) and we should stop acting like our tickets are underpriced

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » June 18th, 2016, 7:57 am

bigwilly087 wrote:
AggiesForever wrote:These seats may not sell out this year, but that's alright with me. I hope that the people who go to the Champions Buffet and get to park in the West parking lot and receive all of the other benefits that go with the club seats rub it in their doubting friends noses come November when they are sitting toasty warm in their club seats while their friends wish they had stayed home and watched the game on TV.

Never complained, just suggested that the prices might be too high for Cache Valley.

Enough of the "you want big time football and this is what it takes" talk. Just moved to Utah from Pittsburgh, and Pitt has way more college football tradition, and the city of Pittsburgh is a fantastic sports town that has plenty of fans willing to pay for sports. That being said, their non club seats for the lower level (for an apples to apples comparison) are $187-$352. Ours are $90-$775, so a cheaper on the low end, but way higher at the top. Their club seats range from $512-$887, ours are $1325. I've sat in the Pitt club seats and from what I've seen are every bit as nice as ours, and not to mention they are highly valuable to the fans there because they're the only part of the stadium that sells alcohol.

My point? It is possible we've out priced our fan base (I hope I'm wrong) and we should stop acting like our tickets are underpriced

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
We are well-priced and cheaply priced for our regular tix.

For the club seats...there has to be more to this story. Club seats at Utah are $3345. At Colorado State they are $1500 each. Pitt appears to be an extreme outlier.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » June 18th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Heinz Field is probably three times the capacity of Maverik Stadium. I would bet that affects pricing to a certain degree

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » June 20th, 2016, 7:54 am

Heinz Field is owned by the City of Pittsburgh, the Allegheny Regional Asset District, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The University of Pittsburgh rents the field for their home games, meaning their costs are not as high as they are for university owned facility, so they can charge less. So all the money Pitt charges for the game, less stadium related fees, goes to the university, where USU has to amortize the debt on the stadium construction. We're not exactly talking apples to apples here.

I don't think USU should charge any more for the Club Seats. I think they are priced exactly where they need to be for those who want that kind of amenity.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » June 20th, 2016, 9:53 am

AggiesForever wrote:Heinz Field is owned by the City of Pittsburgh, the Allegheny Regional Asset District, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The University of Pittsburgh rents the field for their home games, meaning their costs are not as high as they are for university owned facility, so they can charge less. So all the money Pitt charges for the game, less stadium related fees, goes to the university, where USU has to amortize the debt on the stadium construction. We're not exactly talking apples to apples here.

I don't think USU should charge any more for the Club Seats. I think they are priced exactly where they need to be for those who want that kind of amenity.
Regardless of where the money goes, I think any school is going to try to maximize revenue from seat sales, and charge as much as they can without significantly reducing demand.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » June 20th, 2016, 11:32 pm

AggiesForever is probably my favorite person here. I've always sort of felt this way with Cache Valley. People need to make more of an effort to support it! It's totally worth the price. I'll be purchasing a club seat very soon!

Locked Previous topicNext topic