Ticket Office

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dyedblue

Ticket Office

Post by dyedblue » August 22nd, 2016, 5:14 pm

Our ticket office is really struggling right now. Wow.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Maverik_Aggie

Re: Ticket Office

Post by Maverik_Aggie » August 22nd, 2016, 5:55 pm

dyedblue wrote:Our ticket office is really struggling right now. Wow.

What is happening?

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 22nd, 2016, 6:00 pm

Late issuing tickets that were purchased early this summer. Football season isn't a new event for most of us as this is the third century for patrons to watch AGGIE Football. TIckets haven't been sent as of last week but we are assured they will be sent this week. A major gaff!!!!!!!!

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » August 22nd, 2016, 6:11 pm

No matter who is in charge there are always issues with the ticket office. How hard is it to get tickets printed and sent a reasonable time before the season? Meanwhile the AD is sending emails about wearing blue/white and we don't know if we're odd or even since we don't yet have the tickets.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » August 22nd, 2016, 6:12 pm

Luckily I got my tickets!

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 22nd, 2016, 7:59 pm

Always late getting tickets out. I got an email last week saying they would be sent this week, shortly thereafter I got a correction saying they put the wrong date for the Weber game. Today I got an email with a tracking number for my tickets and then shortly after that I got another email saying UPS had screwed up and that they would not be shipped yet. Never mind the fact that I tried calling several times about a small change to my tickets and got no response so I put it in as a note when I renewed and still got no response. Why put a comments field if you don't even read it?

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » August 22nd, 2016, 8:27 pm

I was waiting for this thread. It is an Aggie tradition.

jwaggie

Post by jwaggie » August 22nd, 2016, 9:01 pm

I went to the highschool games last Friday and there was a huge line. They had 2 people working and it took forever to get a ticket. A lot of people missed most or all of the first quarter of the Sky View game. Very frustrating.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » August 22nd, 2016, 9:45 pm

We got there Friday at about 20 minutes before kickoff. There were a few people in front of us in the ticket line. When we got our tickets about 5 minutes later, the line was huge. I never understand why people wait so long to show up for a game, and don't seem to consider that there might be a line for tickets.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » August 22nd, 2016, 9:48 pm

NVAggie wrote:I was waiting for this thread. It is an Aggie tradition.
As predictable as (I can't express myself without swearing) about the SLC media.

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » August 22nd, 2016, 10:17 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
NVAggie wrote:I was waiting for this thread. It is an Aggie tradition.
As predictable as (I can't express myself without swearing) about the SLC media.
To be fair, the SLC media kinda deserves it.

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 22nd, 2016, 10:27 pm

I've laid off the ticket office, but they really kinda deserve what they get.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 23rd, 2016, 9:19 am

I don't see why it matters so long as they get tickets out before the first game.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » August 23rd, 2016, 10:10 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:I don't see why it matters so long as they get tickets out before the first game.
I think they set the expectation of having them out a few weeks before the first game. That's the issue.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 23rd, 2016, 10:34 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:I don't see why it matters so long as they get tickets out before the first game.
That has been a problem in the past. Cutting it close allows no time for error. Also sending out emails followed by corrections doesn't instill much confidence.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

ususports

Post by ususports » August 23rd, 2016, 10:55 am

I am neutral on the subject this year, as it won't affect me. However, it isn't like the ticket office should be surprised that the first game is September 1, as we have all known this date since the beginning of the year. There is not a (good or acceptable) excuse to not have them mailed by now.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » August 23rd, 2016, 10:57 am

Agreed for home games, however I bought tickets to two away games in the past (WI and SJSU), and in both cases they were supposed to arrive two weeks before the game, but ended up on track to arrive within a couple days of the game which doesn't work when you're travelling and making the game part of a vacation...had to switch to will call which was a pain since they had already mailed the tickets.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 23rd, 2016, 11:08 am

There are plenty of situations where you may need them a bit earlier than that. A season ticket holder that is out of town for the first week of the season could offer their tickets to another fan or try and sell them...hard to do if you don't have the tickets in hand before leaving town. There are also fans that travel to games and sometimes they want to come in to town a day or 2 early. If the tickets arrive the day before that first game then it doesn't always work out.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 23rd, 2016, 11:14 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
There are plenty of situations where you may need them a bit earlier than that. A season ticket holder that is out of town for the first week of the season could offer their tickets to another fan or try and sell them...hard to do if you don't have the tickets in hand before leaving town. There are also fans that travel to games and sometimes they want to come in to town a day or 2 early. If the tickets arrive the day before that first game then it doesn't always work out.
Perhaps I'm wrong since I've never used it, but I thought we had the phone call to will call set up pretty good last year didn't we? I guess it might add a bit of extra hassle.

I think most fans are like me...I just want my tickets in hand for no other reason than to have them. Getting that package in the mail officially starts the season for me.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » August 23rd, 2016, 11:36 am

They don't really consider us guys that have to travel 400+ miles to the game.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » August 23rd, 2016, 11:45 am

Has anyone received their tracking number yet?

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 23rd, 2016, 12:21 pm

ususports wrote:I am neutral on the subject this year, as it won't affect me. However, it isn't like the ticket office should be surprised that the first game is September 1, as we have all known this date since the beginning of the year. There is not a (good or acceptable) excuse to not have them mailed by now.

And this is the core of the issue. Such an indictment of competence when the delivery of paid for season tickets becomes an issue virtually every season. This isn't like waiting an extra 20 minutes at a restaurant and USUSports accurately points this out.

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » August 23rd, 2016, 9:57 pm

It matters to me - I bought club tickets his year and moved my other tickets to a better area - I didn't memorize where either one is and would like to know where I'm sitting. But more important I will be out of town for the first game and make it a habit to give away my tickets, if I don't get them by Friday then they go unused. If I do get them Friday I spend my last day in the country trying to give away tickets. It's pretty frustrating to spend thousands of dollars on tickets and not be able to get them before the season starts. Also a few years back I never got my season tickets figuring they would come a couple days before the season starts - well the ticket office messed up, canceled my tickets although they took my money no problem. So I'm scrambling to fix the problem days before the season. Just having the tickets in hand let's me know they have at least got it right

dogie

Post by dogie » August 23rd, 2016, 11:35 pm

Chupamedia wrote:
It matters to me - I bought club tickets his year and moved my other tickets to a better area - I didn't memorize where either one is and would like to know where I'm sitting. But more important I will be out of town for the first game and make it a habit to give away my tickets, if I don't get them by Friday then they go unused. If I do get them Friday I spend my last day in the country trying to give away tickets. It's pretty frustrating to spend thousands of dollars on tickets and not be able to get them before the season starts. Also a few years back I never got my season tickets figuring they would come a couple days before the season starts - well the ticket office messed up, canceled my tickets although they took my money no problem. So I'm scrambling to fix the problem days before the season. Just having the tickets in hand let's me know they have at least got it right
In 2016, USU really should have a simple electronic ticket system or an easy way to transfer tickets to others. They have had a primitive and clunky system that is so painful to use it is practically useless. If there was a simple way for me to send unused tickets to others (or sell them) I would have become a basketball season ticket holder years ago.
Last edited by dogie on August 24th, 2016, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Full

Post by Full » August 24th, 2016, 8:23 am

dogie wrote:In 2016, USU really should have a simple electronic ticket system or an easy way to transfer tickets to others. They have had a primitive and klunky system that is so painful to use it is practically useless. If there was a simple way for me to send unused tickets to others (or sell them) I would have become a basketball season ticket holder years ago.
I've never used the system, but I believe they have this system in place. When I login to my account I can choose My Account >>> Manage My Account >>> Transfer. What I see is you enter someones name and email and send them the tickets. I con't know if there is a fee, or anything about effectiveness. The reissue and exchange options don't work for me.

dogie

Post by dogie » August 24th, 2016, 9:19 am

Full wrote:
dogie wrote:In 2016, USU really should have a simple electronic ticket system or an easy way to transfer tickets to others. They have had a primitive and clunky system that is so painful to use it is practically useless. If there was a simple way for me to send unused tickets to others (or sell them) I would have become a basketball season ticket holder years ago.
I've never used the system, but I believe they have this system in place. When I login to my account I can choose My Account >>> Manage My Account >>> Transfer. What I see is you enter someones name and email and send them the tickets. I con't know if there is a fee, or anything about effectiveness. The reissue and exchange options don't work for me.
Yes, they do have the primitive and clunky system in place.

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » August 24th, 2016, 9:35 am

dogie wrote: In 2016, USU really should have a simple electronic ticket system or an easy way to transfer tickets to others. They have had a primitive and clunky system that is so painful to use it is practically useless. If there was a simple way for me to send unused tickets to others (or sell them) I would have become a basketball season ticket holder years ago.
Totally agree

Highway89

Post by Highway89 » August 24th, 2016, 10:32 am

I've been calling the ticket office to purchase tickets. The automated message says to push "4" to purchase tickets and then it hangs up on you.

So frustrating... :disappointed:

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 24th, 2016, 1:13 pm

The UPS numbers we got earlier are working. Mine is out for delivery today.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » August 24th, 2016, 5:24 pm

I just went up on Monday, and they printed mine, problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 24th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Got mine today.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » August 24th, 2016, 7:12 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:I just went up on Monday, and they printed mine, problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, as long as you live in Logan and have a bunch of spare time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

andytheaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by andytheaggie » August 24th, 2016, 7:21 pm

I haven't received a tracking number for my tickets yet. Am I the only one?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » August 24th, 2016, 7:28 pm

andytheaggie wrote:I haven't received a tracking number for my tickets yet. Am I the only one?

No, I haven't either. I called them today and they said they are still packing them in envelopes and think they will go in the mail by Monday. I live in SLC and that leaves absolutely no room for error. I'm very concerned that this is the way we are treating loyal season ticket holders. It won't deter me from future purchases but I can't imagine it doesn't have a negative effect on overall sales in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewusu98

Post by stewusu98 » August 24th, 2016, 7:33 pm

tetonaggie wrote:
andytheaggie wrote:I haven't received a tracking number for my tickets yet. Am I the only one?

No, I haven't either. I called them today and they said they are still packing them in envelopes and think they will go in the mail by Monday. I live in SLC and that leaves absolutely no room for error. I'm very concerned that this is the way we are treating loyal season ticket holders. It won't deter me from future purchases but I can't imagine it doesn't have a negative effect on overall sales in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They told me the same thing. I am also in SLC. Truth is I am kind of worried. They need to arrive Wednesday as I have to leave from work to make it by game time.

Locked Previous topicNext topic