BSU/BYU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
blueaggie

Re: BSU/BYU

Post by blueaggie » October 21st, 2016, 12:42 am

Amazing. Boise has five turnovers including two picks for touchdowns and they were still able to beat Taysom Hill and the BYU powerhouse.
Last edited by blueaggie on October 21st, 2016, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 12:44 am

1888Aggie wrote:Rules question: for those that watched this game Boise State blocked a byu field goal attempt with 15 seconds left on what I believe was first down. A byu player recovered the football and since it had not crossed the line of scrimmage they retained possession although they lost 15 yards on the play. My question is in regards to the the clock. Why after recovering the ball and attempting to run with it did the clock stop with 10 seconds left when byu had no remaining time outs? My thought is that this type of play would not stop the clock and Boise would win as the time expires.
I thought the same thing. I know Harsin (sp?) called a timeout, but that was well after all the drama. I thought the clock should have run out at that point. I was sweating bullets knowing that BYU had another chance at a hail mary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » October 21st, 2016, 12:45 am

I agree the clock should have expired. They somehow allowed BYU to spike the ball. I thought the officiating crew was horrid.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 12:47 am

blueaggie wrote:Amazing. Boise has five turnovers including two picks for touchdowns and they were still able to beat Taysom Hill and the BYU powerhouse.
You're really stupid enough to think BYU is a college football powerhouse?

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » October 21st, 2016, 1:00 am

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 1:04 am

blueaggie wrote:Have you ever heard of sarcasm?
Yes I have, just trying to figure out the point of the sarcasm there. Were you trying to make it sound kinda like I thought BYU was a power house? Trying to exaggerate my stance to make it seem less rational? Cause you have nothing real to say that could dispute anything I said? Cause it's easier to just say sarcastic nothings? Ohhhh.
Oh yeah, I was being sarcastic too.

ususports

Post by ususports » October 21st, 2016, 1:29 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:Are any of the blue goggled dummies on this forum gonna eat crow if BYU blows us out and finishes 9-3? I hate BYU as much as any of you, but I absolutely hate when people on here make us look like an uneducated fan-base with their idiotic bias.

BYU is better than us. They always have been. Taysom Hill has had a career that absolutely sh*ts on anything Chuckie ever did here. We would have been more successfull over the past 4 years if we had him behind center.
I don't understand why some people here can't be fans while also being somewhat logical.

It appears this hypothetical scenario already became obsolete.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 1:30 am

ususports wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:Are any of the blue goggled dummies on this forum gonna eat crow if BYU blows us out and finishes 9-3? I hate BYU as much as any of you, but I absolutely hate when people on here make us look like an uneducated fan-base with their idiotic bias.

BYU is better than us. They always have been. Taysom Hill has had a career that absolutely sh*ts on anything Chuckie ever did here. We would have been more successfull over the past 4 years if we had him behind center.
I don't understand why some people here can't be fans while also being somewhat logical.

It appears this hypothetical scenario already became obsolete.
Right. But 8-4 is still the most likely outcome. Pretty close to not bowling, right?

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 21st, 2016, 3:57 am

blueaggie wrote:I agree the clock should have expired. They somehow allowed BYU to spike the ball. I thought the officiating crew was horrid.
I did too. Some really bad calls, imo. And they missed a dozen holding calls against byu. Almost every time taysom scrambled there appeared to be some pretty blatant holding.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » October 21st, 2016, 4:55 am

Wtf is this (I can't express myself without swearing)? Go root for BYU

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » October 21st, 2016, 4:58 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
blueaggie wrote:Amazing. Boise has five turnovers including two picks for touchdowns and they were still able to beat Taysom Hill and the BYU powerhouse.

good God dude take a break from the internet for a bit

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » October 21st, 2016, 5:10 am

There is much truth to this post. Hating BYU is pretty much synonymous with being an Aggie, but you can hate and still recognize that BYU has a football program, with players that are better than ours at this point. You can be objective and acknowledge an enemy possesses virtues. There is inherent Aggie bias that causes many Aggie fans to lose perspective and sometimes IQ points when discussing anything BYU.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » October 21st, 2016, 6:12 am

Fans everywhere have an "idiotic bias" However, I agree with your take on BYU and have always been realistic about who the Cougs are. FWIW I think it is obvious that Chuckie was really good when he was handing the ball to NFL backs. Taysom is an incredible athlete. Of course people on an Aggie board spew at BYU. USU will never have the brand and recognition or recruiting pull that BYU has. I live in Utah County which makes it even more painful and their fans are the most nauseating fans I have ever been around -and I lived in Texas for 7 years. And of course no one is going to come on an Aggie site and eat crown if BYU performs better than they would like. Not even a legit question.

AggieDude
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieDude » October 21st, 2016, 6:41 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

good God dude take a break from the internet for a bit
Either he's going through a difficult time in his life and taking it out on this board or he's a pretty good troll. Almost every comment he makes lately is to get a rise out of someone (pretty much the definition of trolling). I used to think his comments were a solid counter argument to the delusional fan wearing blue goggles. Now I wonder if he's just using this as a form of entertainment to distract himself from some emotional problem or something. He's almost like Trump. He'll say whatever to get attention and then defend his statements to the bitter end. Although, I will give him credit that most of what he says has much more logic than what Trump spouts out.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 21st, 2016, 7:06 am

As I read this thread I could picture Bette Midler singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" while caressing Taysom Hill's face. Of course, Taysom had tear trails through the whole thing.

Bleeds was a lot more interesting when he had the dirt from his wide receiver buddies.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » October 21st, 2016, 7:43 am

Good lord, seriously who cares if Aggies predict BYU to go 0 and 12? I think that every every year and that's about the extent I think about them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 21st, 2016, 8:28 am

Interesting stat in the Boise Statesman prior to that game FBS teams -5 in the TO category were 9-231 in the last 10 years. While credit must be given to BYU's D Boise created a lot of their problems.

I would disagree with BleedAggies assertion that the Zoobs have been that much more talented the last several years. The Aggies are 2-4 against them since the Anderson resurgence with 2 blowouts on each side and 2 3 point losses. One play or call and they are 3-3. Have we gone the other way this year. Yes for sure but that's a different subject.

I would also point out that the first Aggie Blowout featured a terrible overhyped BYU QB and the other blowouts sans last year came when each school lost their star starting QB respectively. Last year BYU made some plays but the Aggies self destructed (The FG disasters, the halftime disaster, the blown coverage disaster). Once again I didn't see a great talent disparity other than Chuckie wasn't himself and their tall receivers beat us a few times.

As far as the Hill over Chuckie debate. Hill has had 21/2 good years and Chuckie almost 2. Hill isn't the same either this year and the zoobies are calling for his head. Both had good RBs to work with in their prime. Chuckie has better QB stats and Hill is a better pure runner. Hill has beat some bigger name teams but almost all of them have proven to be pretty mediocre in the years he beat them and he has had a lot more chances due to the Zoobie schedule. They are both great competitors. Hill is a great guy other than his judgment in schools (but hell I'm a zoobie grad too). I'd take either one healthy but my heart's with Chuckie and I think healthy he was a more dynamic and more well rounded QB. Hill did win the one head to head where neither one was hurt before the possession but it was a 6-3 game and neither QB played well.

We know BleedAggie has a bias against Chuckie because of his friendship with Darrell.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 8:53 am

hickaggie wrote:Interesting stat in the Boise Statesman prior to that game FBS teams -5 in the TO category were 9-231 in the last 10 years. While credit must be given to BYU's D Boise created a lot of their problems.

I would disagree with BleedAggies assertion that the Zoobs have been that much more talented the last several years. The Aggies are 2-4 against them since the Anderson resurgence with 2 blowouts on each side and 2 3 point losses. One play or call and they are 3-3. Have we gone the other way this year. Yes for sure but that's a different subject.

I would also point out that the first Aggie Blowout featured a terrible overhyped BYU QB and the other blowouts sans last year came when each school lost their star starting QB respectively. Last year BYU made some plays but the Aggies self destructed (The FG disasters, the halftime disaster, the blown coverage disaster). Once again I didn't see a great talent disparity other than Chuckie wasn't himself and their tall receivers beat us a few times.

As far as the Hill over Chuckie debate. Hill has had 21/2 good years and Chuckie almost 2. Hill isn't the same either this year and the zoobies are calling for his head. Both had good RBs to work with in their prime. Chuckie has better QB stats and Hill is a better pure runner. Hill has beat some bigger name teams but almost all of them have proven to be pretty mediocre in the years he beat them and he has had a lot more chances due to the Zoobie schedule. They are both great competitors. Hill is a great guy other than his judgment in schools (but hell I'm a zoobie grad too). I'd take either one healthy but my heart's with Chuckie and I think healthy he was a more dynamic and more well rounded QB. Hill did win the one head to head where neither one was hurt before the possession but it was a 6-3 game and neither QB played well.

We know BleedAggie has a bias against Chuckie because of his friendship with Darrell.
Thanks for a real post.
I was never that close with Darrell. I just hate players that everyone else loves, cause I get sick of seeing the delusion all over social media. I hate hearing about Cam Newton and the Panthers. I hate Hearing about Lebron and whatever team he's on. It's always the uneducated fans that fantasize over individual players rather than teams, imo.

Anyone on here that's been here for he 5 years I've been posting knows I'm not a BYU fan or a troll. I just happen to think a few of the people on here are especially dumb lately, because they can't see what's right in front of them with our program. I'm not one to tiptoe around your feelings, if you sound dumb I'll let you know. If you don't like it, I encourage you to mute me cause it's not gonna change.
I appreciate the DMs and comments I've gotten from real posters who offer substance.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » October 21st, 2016, 8:56 am

I think the clock stoppage on the blocked kick was correct. I believe the rule says that the clock is to stop after a "failed kick attempt".

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 9:01 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:I think the clock stoppage on the blocked kick was correct. I believe the rule says that the clock is to stop after a "failed kick attempt".

Interesting, I didn't think of that!

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 21st, 2016, 9:08 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:Interesting stat in the Boise Statesman prior to that game FBS teams -5 in the TO category were 9-231 in the last 10 years. While credit must be given to BYU's D Boise created a lot of their problems.

Thanks for a real post.
I was never that close with Darrell. I just hate players that everyone else loves, cause I get sick of seeing the delusion all over social media. I hate hearing about Cam Newton and the Panthers. I hate Hearing about Lebron and whatever team he's on. It's always the uneducated fans that fantasize over individual players rather than teams, imo.

Anyone on here that's been here for he 5 years I've been posting knows I'm not a BYU fan or a troll. I just happen to think a few of the people on here are especially dumb lately, because they can't see what's right in front of them with our program. I'm not one to tiptoe around your feelings, if you sound dumb I'll let you know. If you don't like it, I encourage you to mute me cause it's not gonna change.
I appreciate the DMs and comments I've gotten from real posters who offer substance.

I have a lot more respect for your position than I show because you have been around the players and program and I am not. It is frustrating because I thing this team has a lot of talent. The Zoobs gave up over 600 yards to Boise. The Aggies gave up 378 despite the D being hung out to dry all night. The Aggies gained 358 yards the Zoobs 300.

The Aggies should be 4-2 or 5-1 and I agree that the fault lies with the coach and his QB decisions although I think AFA is a win anyway had the replay official not been drunk. As far as overall athletic talent goes nobody but Boise has a leg on USU and that gap has narrowed. Not winning with that is frustrating to be sure.

The next few weeks will be telling to see if this team can keep it together and figure some things out. First and foremost in my mind is a put up and shut up both for Myers at QB and Wells acting as the OC.

Thanks for your insights. They have been a lot better than my famous "Roll Tennessee" post that people believed and blamed me for getting them down a few years back. I'm just a dumb lawyer but I do still play football for fun and break down at lot of offensive film so I'm kind of like the non-doctor who stayed at the Holiday Inn. I don't really know anything but I think I do, whereas you have great personal insights.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 21st, 2016, 9:23 am

hickaggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Thanks for a real post.

I have a lot more respect for your position than I show because you have been around the players and program and I am not. It is frustrating because I thing this team has a lot of talent. The Zoobs gave up over 600 yards to Boise. The Aggies gave up 378 despite the D being hung out to dry all night. The Aggies gained 358 yards the Zoobs 300.

The Aggies should be 4-2 or 5-1 and I agree that the fault lies with the coach and his QB decisions although I think AFA is a win anyway had the replay official not been drunk. As far as overall athletic talent goes nobody but Boise has a leg on USU and that gap has narrowed. Not winning with that is frustrating to be sure.

The next few weeks will be telling to see if this team can keep it together and figure some things out. First and foremost in my mind is a put up and shut up both for Myers at QB and Wells acting as the OC.

Thanks for your insights. They have been a lot better than my famous "Roll Tennessee" post that people believed and blamed me for getting them down a few years back. I'm just a dumb lawyer but I do still play football for fun and break down at lot of offensive film so I'm kind of like the non-doctor who stayed at the Holiday Inn. I don't really know anything but I think I do, whereas you have great personal insights.
As far as the love for Chuckie he was the QB that started in USU's best season ever and had a tremendous year in 2012. He had a bad game against the Zoobs and it could be argued that he missed some plays against the Badgers but it was the best and most efficient season by an Aggie QB ever. He also put USU on the map against Auburn. He is going to be loved by Aggie fans for good reason. He was never the same after his injury and struggled even healthy against USC and the Zoobs who had great defensive fronts those years.

For more serious fans they will note that the Aggies had a top 10 D to bail him out, a great O-line, an NFL RB and one of best seasons ever by a dual purpose back not named White.

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » October 21st, 2016, 9:33 am

Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't make them dumb. People see things differently that's all. I think this year's byu team is avg. are they better than this year's aggie team I think so especially if they have Williams. As far as Chuckie vs. Hill I think that is a tough call. I think Chuckie was the better passer as has been stated. The Chuckie that played at Utah his junior year. Even in a loss that performance was unreal.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

BSU/BYU

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 9:42 am

hickaggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Thanks for a real post.

As far as the love for Chuckie he was the QB that started in USU's best season ever and had a tremendous year in 2012. He had a bad game against the Zoobs and it could be argued that he missed some plays against the Badgers but it was the best and most efficient season by an Aggie QB ever. He also put USU on the map against Auburn. He is going to be loved by Aggie fans for good reason. He was never the same after his injury and struggled even healthy against USC and the Zoobs who had great defensive fronts those years.

For more serious fans they will note that the Aggies had a top 10 D to bail him out, a great O-line, an NFL RB and one of best seasons ever by a dual purpose back not named White.
Great post, if you're still playing football and studying film, you're in the 1% on this board. And you can see it in your posts.
There's no doubt in my mind Chuckie put together the best season and a half I've ever seen from a Utah State QB. It's just the notion that he and we are some how better than a team that he was never able to beat. Kind of funny.

If I told you we beat Arizona on the road, lost by one @Utah, lost by 3 @UCLA, lost by 3 @WVU, beat Toledo at home in one of their best years, beat Michigan State easily IN EAST LANSING, beat a Mississippi State at home, then barely lost to #14 Boise on the blue turf....how would you feel about our team? Would you act like we're not good? No, we'd all be pumped for the awesome publicity and fun wins, and a little upset about the close losses.

Utah state will never even play close to that many quality opponents in one season, let alone beat a few of them.

That's where my argument came from last night, some people on this board who know absolutely nothing about football, make our fanbase look like a bunch of mouth-breathers.

Last edited by BleedAggieBlue0 on October 21st, 2016, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » October 21st, 2016, 9:47 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Thanks for a real post.

Great post, if you're still playing football and studying film, you're in the 1% on this board. And you can see it in your posts.
There's no doubt in my mind Chuckie put together the best season and a half I've ever seen from a Utah State QB. It's just the notion that he and we are some how better than a team that he was never able to beat. Kind of funny.

If I told you we beat Arizona on the road, lost by one @Utah, lost by 3 @UCLA, lost by 3 @WVU, beat Toledo at home in one of their best years, beat Michigan State easily IN EAST LANSING, beat a Mississippi State at home, then barely lost to #14 Boise on the blue turf....how would you feel about our team? Would you say "I'm not impressed". No cause then you'd look like an idiot.

Utah state will never even play close to that many quality opponents in one season, let alone beat a few of them.

That's where my argument came from last night, some people on this board who know absolutely nothing about football, make our fanbase look like a bunch of mouth-breathers.

To be fair some of those teams have a "big name" but are not good teams. Michigan State, Arizona and Miss State are all pretty bad teams. I doubt any of them would win the MW this year.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 21st, 2016, 9:47 am

brian5562 wrote:Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't make them dumb. People see things differently that's all. I think this year's byu team is avg. are they better than this year's aggie team I think so especially if they have Williams. As far as Chuckie vs. Hill I think that is a tough call. I think Chuckie was the better passer as has been stated. The Chuckie that played at Utah his junior year. Even in a loss that performance was unreal.
Never will forget the 3rd down shoeless scramble. Even last year Chuckie was brilliant at Utah except after the first hit to his knee he couldn't physically make about half the throws. Audibling like crazy, touch passes, limping his way to first downs on broken plays. If Kennedy Williams catches the TD pass that game may have turned out very differently.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 9:48 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Thanks for a real post.

If I told you we beat Arizona on the road, lost by one @Utah, lost by 3 @UCLA, lost by 3 @WVU, beat Toledo at home in one of their best years, beat Michigan State easily IN EAST LANSING, beat a Mississippi State at home, then barely lost to #14 Boise on the blue turf....how would you feel about our team? Would you say "I'm not impressed". No cause then you'd look like an idiot.

To be fair some of those teams have a "big name" but are not good teams. Michigan State, Arizona and Miss State are all pretty bad teams. I doubt any of them would win the MW this year.

Oh trust me I agree. But they'd all still beat us, huh:/

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » October 21st, 2016, 9:49 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Thanks for a real post.

Oh trust me I agree. But they'd all still beat us, huh:/

I think they would all be close games. But you may be correct.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 9:50 am

hickaggie wrote:
brian5562 wrote:Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't make them dumb. People see things differently that's all. I think this year's byu team is avg. are they better than this year's aggie team I think so especially if they have Williams. As far as Chuckie vs. Hill I think that is a tough call. I think Chuckie was the better passer as has been stated. The Chuckie that played at Utah his junior year. Even in a loss that performance was unreal.
Never will forget the 3rd down shoeless scramble. Even last year Chuckie was brilliant at Utah except after the first hit to his knee he couldn't physically make about half the throws. Audibling like crazy, touch passes, limping his way to first downs on broken plays. If Kennedy Williams catches the TD pass that game may have turned out very differently.
That's one of those performances that you remember exactly where you were. I was watching on my phone on a bus ride. He played absolutely out of his mind and I wish he could have gotten the win.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » October 21st, 2016, 9:57 am

After watching that game and considering Mays could return and that bsu had a close win on CSU, well the U-state / BYU game is looking like a winnable game. Maybe not probable but indeed winnable. Byu I think wants to shoot ty detmer for going for 4th and long from near the wrong end zone.

#hornsup!

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 9:57 am

True. Just because someone has a different opinion from mine does not make them dumb. I never said it did. But some of those opinions are going to be dumb, some of them aren't...but some definitely are. There is such a thing as people that know less about a topic. BYU is just above average this year, they're without a doubt in the top 60 football teams in the NCAA this year.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 21st, 2016, 10:00 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Thanks for a real post.

The Zoobs have done what the Aggies haven't and 4-4 against that schedule is very impressive, down years for their opponents. Other than creating TOs and converting in the red zone, though the Aggies played Boise better than the Zoobs (gave up 200 less yards and outgained BYU) and that's the only common opponent we can compare.

I think talent wise the teams are fairly comparable this year except we lost Mays and they have Williams. Both QBs are asked to pound square hole abilities into a round hole. Of course Taysom has the edge with experience and OC coaching but the Aggies have a better secondary.

I don't think the talent situation will not last for long though. I see Sitake with the Poly community and Detmer with the Heisman and Texas bringing in some tremendous recruiting classes even with the independence situation while Wells is going to be stereotyped as a lame duck in recruiting battles if he doesn't get this season on track.

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » October 21st, 2016, 10:26 am

Interesting read. I'm very glad BYU lost, I've got two teams I cheer for (USU and whoever plays BYU).

I learn a lot when I read threads like this.

Thanks.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » October 21st, 2016, 10:33 am

I haven't watched a single snap of BYU football but based on the few snippets of summary I've unfortunately heard this season I wouldn't say the difference between the Aggies and BYU is talent or recruiting. I think the two have been more or less at parity for the last 5 or so years. The difference is that BYU believes they will win and fights, believing, to the bitter end. USU does not. And that is the only reason I miss GA. For a small amount of time USU FB believed they would win and fought, believing, to the bitter end.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 21st, 2016, 10:35 am

hickaggie wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Thanks for a real post.

The Zoobs have done what the Aggies haven't and 4-4 against that schedule is very impressive, down years for their opponents. Other than creating TOs and converting in the red zone, though the Aggies played Boise better than the Zoobs (gave up 200 less yards and outgained BYU) and that's the only common opponent we can compare.

I think talent wise the teams are fairly comparable this year except we lost Mays and they have Williams. Both QBs are asked to pound square hole abilities into a round hole. Of course Taysom has the edge with experience and OC coaching but the Aggies have a better secondary.

I don't think the talent situation will not last for long though. I see Sitake with the Poly community and Detmer with the Heisman and Texas bringing in some tremendous recruiting classes even with the independence situation while Wells is going to be stereotyped as a lame duck in recruiting battles if he doesn't get this season on track.
Oh yeah. Board members on here are gonna really struggle with reality over the next 10 years, imo. The little parity that we have now with them, I fear will be gone.

Locked Previous topicNext topic