Season Ticket Renewal

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
deltaaggie

Season Ticket Renewal

Post by deltaaggie » February 20th, 2017, 11:18 am

Does anyone know if the athletic department has said anything about start times this coming fall? I've been a season ticket holder for 3 years and travel up from Delta, UT to the games but these 8:30 starts are killing me. I'd totally renew if we had normal 2pm starts on Saturdays. Any word if there are any changes or just more of the same?

dyedblue

Re: Season Ticket Renewal

Post by dyedblue » February 20th, 2017, 11:21 am

You won't know until two weeks before most games. I renewed this year, but if it is more of the same I'm likely done. I'll just buy select games worth good start times. When Hartwell admitted his kids left at halftime that shows we hehe a problem.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » February 20th, 2017, 12:04 pm

It is ridiculous the MW cannot get schedules out sooner, just about every other conference has theirs out including the Big Sky and SEC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Flying_Scotsman8
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » February 20th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:It is ridiculous the MW cannot get schedules out sooner, just about every other conference has theirs out including the Big Sky and SEC.

I would imagine it's just the pecking order. P5 conferences can schedule out some because ESPN knows which games they want on TV. They also know they don't want to schedule the Big Sky. So they use G5 games as fillers. Maybe that's not how it is, but I would guess that is the reason the Big Sky and SEC can schedule out farther than the MWC.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » February 20th, 2017, 1:59 pm

You can expect more 8:30 games. The conference generally has 8:30 slots on Friday night on CBS sports and 2 more on Saturday night for ESPN and CBS again. On any given week half of the conference will kickoff at 8:30.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » February 20th, 2017, 2:01 pm

This could be the first time (except for the season we were on a mission) that we don't buy season tickets since the 1970's. Too late starting times. The worst part about that is that it is hard to plan other things when you don't know the start times until the week before the game. Coming from the south end of the SL Valley, it is hard getting home at 1:30 Sunday morning.

I might be like some of you. buy 3 or 4 select games, and watch the rest on TV. BYU for sure would be a game I would stay home for. I don't want to risk bumping into a Y fan after the game if we lose. (I actually think we have a chance against those guys this year....IF we have a good qback.

dhilk3785

Post by dhilk3785 » February 20th, 2017, 4:20 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:This could be the first time (except for the season we were on a mission) that we don't buy season tickets since the 1970's. Too late starting times. The worst part about that is that it is hard to plan other things when you don't know the start times until the week before the game. Coming from the south end of the SL Valley, it is hard getting home at 1:30 Sunday morning.

I might be like some of you. buy 3 or 4 select games, and watch the rest on TV. BYU for sure would be a game I would stay home for. I don't want to risk bumping into a Y fan after the game if we lose. (I actually think we have a chance against those guys this year....IF we have a good qback.
I'd recommend still renewing your season tickets and then selling the games you don't wish to attend. The cost of the full-season is likely just about the same as buying 4 individual games, and if you decide not to go to the ybu or boise game at the individual game face value, you'll cover a good portion of your season ticket cost.

"I'd rather be wrong and cringe than right and regret not speaking up." - Jon Lovett

Full

Post by Full » February 21st, 2017, 10:55 am

deltaaggie wrote:Does anyone know if the athletic department has said anything about start times this coming fall? I've been a season ticket holder for 3 years and travel up from Delta, UT to the games but these 8:30 starts are killing me. I'd totally renew if we had normal 2pm starts on Saturdays. Any word if there are any changes or just more of the same?
My guess is that there will be at best two home game that kicks off at 2:00 and at lease two conference games are late kicks (including Friday). The two OOC games are already scheduled for weekdays:

Late Thursday for Idaho State
Late Friday for BYU.

For now TV money is greater than fans in the stadium (e.g. MAC Tuesday and Wednesday games).

I'm not sure the MW has much say at this point. With the PAC-12 refusing to schedule as many late night games, the MW teams got the games in the late night time slots. I do think it will be something they talk about the next time TV rights are going to be renewed.

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » February 21st, 2017, 12:26 pm

Full wrote:* * *

My guess is that there will be at best two home game that kicks off at 2:00 and at lease two conference games are late kicks (including Friday). The two OOC games are already scheduled for weekdays:

Late Thursday for Idaho State
Late Friday for BYU.

Actually Hartwell said the ISU would be early evening, not late. I'd guess a 6 pm kick.

Nobody here knows anything.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » February 22nd, 2017, 10:15 pm

Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:It is ridiculous the MW cannot get schedules out sooner, just about every other conference has theirs out including the Big Sky and SEC.

I would imagine it's just the pecking order. P5 conferences can schedule out some because ESPN knows which games they want on TV. They also know they don't want to schedule the Big Sky. So they use G5 games as fillers. Maybe that's not how it is, but I would guess that is the reason the Big Sky and SEC can schedule out farther than the MWC.
Not entirely, teams that play each other ever year are always scheduled the same weekend in SEC. For example Alabama always plays Tennessee the second Saturday in October and Auburn the last game of the year. The MWC should do that with the 5 division games, people can plan around the schedules for family events, etc.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » February 22nd, 2017, 11:39 pm

They could play at 3 am on the moon and I would still be there, but that's just me

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

wams747

Post by wams747 » February 23rd, 2017, 1:55 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with Geo. I live in Salt Lake Area and get home at 1:00 or later but it is still fun, I think it is as fun as you make it. I am not saying I prefer the late starts but I really don't mind that much. Honestly the bigger reason why I complain when I see the late start is because I know attendance will be worse and the environment won't be as electric or advantageous for the team not because I am mad I will get home at 1:00 am.

Since I can't afford to go to the moon I'll say that if we have a 9:00 or 10:00 pm start on a 5 degree week night in November/December I will still be there.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » February 23rd, 2017, 2:25 pm

GeoAg wrote:They could play at 3 am on the moon and I would still be there, but that's just me
I would too. But I couldn't bring my kids. Nor my aging parents.

usublue20

Post by usublue20 » February 23rd, 2017, 9:40 pm

Haven't missed a game in several years. These late start times especially in November have been tough on my wife and mom. Luckily we live close and usually take two cars and if it gets too bad the ladies leave at half but they still went to every game last year. A little rain and freezing my a off won't keep me away.

We had a good year and we actually picked up a couple more season tickets and increased our donation level up to the next level. If we have extra tickets there's always some Aggie fan that can use them.

We were so close to "being there" and now we can all see it all start to slip away. Now's not the time to wuss out. Time to put your big boy pants on and show that your a true Aggie

Full

Post by Full » February 24th, 2017, 5:00 pm

GeoAg wrote:They could play at 3 am on the moon and I would still be there, but that's just me
I would be there. However the seat I buy for my six and three year old may have someone else using them. If that happens enough my wife may request the number of tickets I buy decrease (it's already come up at the end of last year) and there goes the next generation of season ticket holders. I'll complain about the late start times... it's crap. I want to watch the game with my kids, that's why I buy the seats. I have fond memories of watching the Aggie's with my Dad and Grandpa and even a few season of my Great-Grandpa. I would love to continue the legacy, but late start times are an issue that I hope will be addressed.

Locked Previous topicNext topic