How USU football can recover from the recent suspensions

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

How USU football can recover from the recent suspensions

Post by aggies22 » May 8th, 2017, 2:06 pm

Please give this a read. Comments are welcome.

http://www.scout.com/college/utah-state ... the-impact

taniataylor

Re: How USU football can recover from the recent suspensions

Post by taniataylor » May 8th, 2017, 3:39 pm

We can probably just get over it and move on. We've got new signees coming in and with a little extra coaching they could be ready for the season...just sayin

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 8th, 2017, 3:45 pm

taniataylor wrote:We can probably just get over it and move on. We've got new signees coming in and with a little extra coaching they could be ready for the season...just sayin
THIS^^^

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 9th, 2017, 9:10 am

taniataylor wrote:We can probably just get over it and move on. We've got new signees coming in and with a little extra coaching they could be ready for the season...just sayin
The article isn't about getting over it. What's done is done, that's a fact. It's a shame that the kids got in trouble and I sincerely hope that they don't allow the situation to hold them back from progressing in life but it is what it is at the moment. My subject was outlining that as far as the program is concerned, it's not easy to lose three, potentially a total of four scholarship players in a month. Especially in an unforeseen fashion as how the suspended players went out. It's important for FBS programs to operate as close to the maximum 85 allowable scholarships as possible and losing players in the sudden manner that the Aggies have, makes it hard to have a contingency plan to immediately fill the open spots. I was simply outlining how the discrepancy in scholarship players could be made up quickly and luckily with just one quality signing class in 2018. If the 2017 group of seniors had been 20 or more guys we would not have been able to make up the discrepancy as quickly. I would like to point out that the coaching staff is off to a great start in doing so with the two additions that have already been made this week.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » May 9th, 2017, 11:23 am

aggies22 wrote:
The article isn't about getting over it. What's done is done, that's a fact. It's a shame that the kids got in trouble and I sincerely hope that they don't allow the situation to hold them back from progressing in life but it is what it is at the moment. My subject was outlining that as far as the program is concerned, it's not easy to lose three, potentially a total of four scholarship players in a month. Especially in an unforeseen fashion as how the suspended players went out. It's important for FBS programs to operate as close to the maximum 85 allowable scholarships as possible and losing players in the sudden manner that the Aggies have, makes it hard to have a contingency plan to immediately fill the open spots. I was simply outlining how the discrepancy in scholarship players could be made up quickly and luckily with just one quality signing class in 2018. If the 2017 group of seniors had been 20 or more guys we would not have been able to make up the discrepancy as quickly. I would like to point out that the coaching staff is off to a great start in doing so with the two additions that have already been made this week.
Oh no I understand the point of the article. I wasn't even attempting to be critical of your post necessarily...just that we have to get over it or work past it and get those new signees on board. The season is coming up fast so their indiscretion opened up 4 spots and Im sure there are people that may have been a walk on type or something that we can grab to fulfill the spots. I believe RLs spot needs to be filled too right?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 9th, 2017, 11:45 am

taniataylor wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Oh no I understand the point of the article. I wasn't even attempting to be critical of your post necessarily...just that we have to get over it or work past it and get those new signees on board. The season is coming up fast so their indiscretion opened up 4 spots and Im sure there are people that may have been a walk on type or something that we can grab to fulfill the spots. I believe RLs spot needs to be filled too right?
That's true RL's spot does need to be filled. Unless you'd like to shed light on your comment earlier about a JuCo guy coming in? :devil:

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » May 9th, 2017, 12:12 pm

aggies22 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
That's true RL's spot does need to be filled. Unless you'd like to shed light on your comment earlier about a JuCo guy coming in? :devil:
I didn't say Juco...oh boy...Jordan was just told about a 3rd slot guy...lol :shock: :cheers:

Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl
Has thanked: 0

Post by Floppy Hat » May 9th, 2017, 12:27 pm

aggies22 wrote: I would like to point out that the coaching staff is off to a great start in doing so with the two additions that have already been made this week.
We heard about Moroni Iniguez on Sunday. Who is the other addition?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 9th, 2017, 12:51 pm

taniataylor wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
I didn't say Juco...oh boy...Jordan was just told about a 3rd slot guy...lol :shock: :cheers:
Oops. My mistake. I just went and re-read your post. You didn't say anything about a juco guy at all. My bad!

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » May 9th, 2017, 12:54 pm

aggies22 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Oops. My mistake. I just went and re-read your post. You didn't say anything about a juco guy at all. My bad!
Mmmhmmm...I think you know something sir!!!! :stirpot:

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 9th, 2017, 1:02 pm

Floppy Hat wrote:
aggies22 wrote: I would like to point out that the coaching staff is off to a great start in doing so with the two additions that have already been made this week.
We heard about Moroni Iniguez on Sunday. Who is the other addition?
Check out who the other addition is here:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=208&f=2746&t=14018651

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 10th, 2017, 9:26 am

Nice to see Magalei committed as well. Like this trend of getting Jc kids a year early before they potentially get more offers. Tarver is a great example of this working out.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 10th, 2017, 9:27 am

Wonder why MW didn't tweet an aggieup for him.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 10th, 2017, 9:50 am

slcagg wrote:Nice to see Magalei committed as well. Like this trend of getting Jc kids a year early before they potentially get more offers. Tarver is a great example of this working out.
We did the same with Tonny Lindsey and regardless of what anyone thinks about him, the kid ran for 792 yards behind a troubled offensive line and some very curious play calling.

Locked Previous topicNext topic