Hawaii Highlights

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GeoAg

Hawaii Highlights

Post by GeoAg » November 21st, 2017, 7:07 am

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Mediocre at Best
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hawaii Highlights

Post by Mediocre at Best » November 21st, 2017, 10:25 am

Geo - Thanks for posting. I was not able to see or listen to the game. Based on the highlights this is the most complete game I have seen from the Aggies all year. Curious as to what your opinion is...was Hawaii that terrible or were we on fire?

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » November 21st, 2017, 10:42 am

Hawaii is not a good team, but they are nothing like SJSU. They are better, with a good running game and a competent QB. Their D was questionable. Even so, early in the year, and last year in particular...we've had uneven questionable efforts against teams just like this. I see the DL rounding into shape with the emergence of Devin Anderson and the health of Chris Unga. The LBs did a much better job at containing on the edge. I still think we need to improve a middle LB, but I think the personnel is already on the team for that to happen.

Love Bright at RB. You can't see it in the highlight well, but there is a 20+ yard completion to Colston-Green that is one of the best plays by an Aggie QB in a few years. Threw it right where an unmarked blitzer vacated with the guy in his face. Also, Hunt's great run continues. It is now coincidence that the RBs look better now as this is our best OL in a few years and they all return next year. Remeber we've barely given up a sack since Love began starting.

Bottom-line, this team is improving. Never look down on a win.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 21st, 2017, 10:52 am

We took away the pass in the middle of the field and excelled in defensive red zone against. them. They started running the ball well and I thought “oh no” just in time for our D to tighten up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 21st, 2017, 10:53 am

Two things that stood out to me watching these highlights:

1. Dax does a nice job hustling downfield to help block on the long rushing TDs (I like the arms up look in the first one).
2. Love did an excellent job back peddling and staying alive on the screen play to Hunt.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » November 21st, 2017, 11:26 am

Thanks to all for the game commentary. It pains me that I missed perhaps the best game of the past two seasons. You guys basically hit every position play here. Things really are on the upswing.

Donman

Post by Donman » November 21st, 2017, 11:44 am

I think we need to recognize the great play of Devon Anderson. The past two games against New Mexico and Hawaii, he is always around the ball making plays. He's only a sophomore. If we get some good play next year from the two P5 transfers, we could have a very good defensive line for the next two years.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » November 21st, 2017, 12:16 pm

I'll be the curmudgeon here. I like having highlights, but the videos this year haven't been good. You get no context on the play, sometimes it cuts straight to the end of the play. Some of the fun parts of the play are cut. I know I know you've got to keep them short, but I enjoy seeing the whole rush start to finish of a LB making a sack. Ditto with long runs/passes.

captain68

Post by captain68 » November 21st, 2017, 1:53 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
November 21st, 2017, 12:16 pm
I'll be the curmudgeon here. I like having highlights, but the videos this year haven't been good. You get no context on the play, sometimes it cuts straight to the end of the play. Some of the fun parts of the play are cut. I know I know you've got to keep them short, but I enjoy seeing the whole rush start to finish of a LB making a sack. Ditto with long runs/passes.
I agree. It drives me nuts when only a part of the play is shown. I like seeing the play, and a little of the celebration afterwards. Seems like It has been this way the last two or three years.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » November 21st, 2017, 4:05 pm

I think calling this highlight videos might be a bit of a misnomer. These are more like post-win hype videos, or something. In that light they're perfectly fine.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 21st, 2017, 8:15 pm

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Hail Aggies!

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » November 21st, 2017, 8:53 pm

Someone should put the video of Love’s shoeless TD run next to Chuckie’s first down run at Utah where he lost his shoe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » November 22nd, 2017, 3:20 am

Madmartigan wrote:
Very much agreed. I have not been a fan of the highlight videos in recent years.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 22nd, 2017, 8:07 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 3:20 am
Madmartigan wrote:
Very much agreed. I have not been a fan of the highlight videos in recent years.
I think its mostly about this ignorant new generation who have no attention span. Ditch the music and show multiple views of these plays from 2-3 seconds before the snap with a bit of slow motion to show key blocks Get the widest view of the field possible on at least one of the looks so we can see what's really going on and where the plays were made. Also put the other team's highlights in it and timeline the game a bit.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » November 22nd, 2017, 8:47 am

I love this video while recognizing I may not be the target demographic.

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » November 22nd, 2017, 11:09 am

hickaggie wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 8:07 am
swordsman1989 wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
I think its mostly about this ignorant new generation who have no attention span. Ditch the music and show multiple views of these plays from 2-3 seconds before the snap with a bit of slow motion to show key blocks Get the widest view of the field possible on at least one of the looks so we can see what's really going on and where the plays were made. Also put the other team's highlights in it and timeline the game a bit.
GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN ENTITLED IGNORANT MILLENNIALS! ALWAYS RUINING EVERYTHING!!

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » November 22nd, 2017, 12:03 pm

hickaggie wrote:
swordsman1989 wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
I am part of said ignorant new generation. Gold star for me.

elcheque2

Post by elcheque2 » November 22nd, 2017, 12:05 pm

You old fogies were probably pretty happy that we only had three highlight videos last year.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

aggie86
Been thanked: 0

Post by aggie86 » November 22nd, 2017, 12:15 pm

elcheque2 wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 12:05 pm
You old fogies were probably pretty happy that we only had three highlight videos last year.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
I'm just happy we have highlight videos! In years past there was nothing to highlight......

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » November 22nd, 2017, 12:38 pm

hickaggie wrote:
swordsman1989 wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
So, you basically want to review game film with the team then?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » November 22nd, 2017, 1:08 pm

hickaggie wrote:
swordsman1989 wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
Not sure how many of you have helped shoot footage of U-State before? It isn't easy at all. you run from one end of the field to the other fumbling between lenses or camera bodies trying to be fast enough and you don't always have the right angle or lens up to make the magic happen. Oh yeah and when you are sitting there in the end zone with 10K of your own bank and the guy hits you after the TD catch well you pay for it out of your very own pocket, let me tell you volunteering is stressful. Not to mention that when ESPN is there they own the first few feet around the field and if you stand in front of the wrong logo or enter their space you might be fined all while volunteering to try to help ungrateful people enjoy a highlight video. I didn't help with this one but I helped a few years ago when apparently you liked it, all I am saying is maybe you could cut some people some slack for heaven's sake. You could make your own highlight from footage on the web instead of complaining.

#hornsup!

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 22nd, 2017, 1:17 pm

/micdrop

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » November 22nd, 2017, 1:24 pm

I'm just grateful to see some footage from a game that was only viewable east of the Mississippi. I was starting to think that Scotty and Whimpey were just reading imaginary commentary from a script and none of it was really happening. Kind of like War of the Worlds.

Locked Previous topicNext topic