St. Jalen Davis makes another prestigious national list...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Madmartigan

St. Jalen Davis makes another prestigious national list...

Post by Madmartigan » January 17th, 2018, 1:52 pm

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... mpaign=nfl

When thrown at, St. Jalen Davis allowed the 3rd lowest passer rating among 2018 draftable corners. He will be missed. I don't know that I quite realized how good he was until the last couple of games.

JSHarvey

Re: St. Jalen Davis makes another prestigious national list...

Post by JSHarvey » January 17th, 2018, 4:08 pm

I hope he does well in the draft and NFL. It is great to see Aggies do well! :-)

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » January 17th, 2018, 4:42 pm

He is not even projected to be drafted by the experts, don’t get that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 24th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Was Jalen named to the Senior Bowl or East-West Shrine games? He is not on the rosters of either game. Was he asked and turned them down? If not, what do the "experts" know that we don't know? He was obviously passed over in the all star bowl games, and NFL scouts are not giving him much love. What gives?

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » January 25th, 2018, 8:15 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 10:10 pm
Was Jalen named to the Senior Bowl or East-West Shrine games? He is not on the rosters of either game. Was he asked and turned them down? If not, what do the "experts" know that we don't know? He was obviously passed over in the all star bowl games, and NFL scouts are not giving him much love. What gives?
Most thing that I have seen have him going in the 5th to 7th rounds. Nor really a high profile pick.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » January 25th, 2018, 9:15 am

Jalen, as good as he is, doesn't have all the "measurables" that NFL scouts and draft forecasters drool over. He will get drafted later on, then just go ahead and prove how good he is, kind of like Nevin Lawson did. As you look through the list, it seems a premium is being given to tall CB's, 6-1 or better. He made some All-American teams, but you can't let that cloud your judgement. With the NFL, everything is about the measureables, and then the potential.

Walter Football is what I consider to be a pretty "moderate" rating service. They currently have him project thusly:

23. Jalen Davis, CB, Utah State
Height: 5-10. Weight: 185.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2018): 3-5.
1/22/18: Davis played well for the Aggies in 2017 with 33 tackles, 15 passes broken up and five interceptions. Three of those picks were returned for touchdowns. Davis played a lot at Utah State over his career, previously totaling with one interception, three picks and two interceptions. Davis might fit as a nickel corner in the NFL.

NFLDraftScout.com shows him as the 59th ranked corner with tremendous upside.

Rotoworld's NFL Draft Review says: NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter believes Utah State senior CB Jalen Davis will "be a starting nickelback in the NFL."

"I loved Davis' game coming into the year, and now he's tied for the FBS lead with 5 interceptions, returning 3 to the house, in 6 games," Reuter wrote last week, prior to Utah State's game against Wyoming. "The four-year starter is a tough player and a ballhawk." Over the summer, Davis was named Athlon Sports Second-Team All-Mountain West and Phil Steele Third-Team All-Mountain West

So people seem with skills. He just doesn't have the premium measurables. As hard as he works, I think he will be a player for a while in the league.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » January 25th, 2018, 9:51 am

Someone is going to get a very good DB late in the draft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic