Crystal Ball

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Crystal Ball

Post by brownjeans » November 18th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Is Crystal LaVar's daughter?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.
~Dudley Field Malone

MacAggie

Post by MacAggie » November 18th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Maverik_Aggie wrote:
November 18th, 2017, 10:03 pm
Until Duryea is gone it’s gonna be long bball seasons. Duryea thinks we’re golden state warriors and we should just shoot threes. No post play. No post defense. No ISO. It’s already over. We will have a .500 win season. Mediocre.

I still like Duryea. He’s a fantastic recruiter, but very poor X’s and O’s
I was on the fence about Duryea when he was hired. I am very encouraged after today though. I feel like we have improved a lot during the first few games. We played the national runner up really tough. I listened to the post game and Duryea sounds like he knows exactly what he is doing. I bet this year will be a little better than .500 and next year will be a bit jump.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 19th, 2017, 1:44 am

MacAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2017, 11:39 pm
Maverik_Aggie wrote:
Until Duryea is gone it’s gonna be long bball seasons. Duryea thinks we’re golden state warriors and we should just shoot threes. No post play. No post defense. No ISO. It’s already over. We will have a .500 win season. Mediocre.

I was on the fence about Duryea when he was hired. I am very encouraged after today though. I feel like we have improved a lot during the first few games. We played the national runner up really tough. I listened to the post game and Duryea sounds like he knows exactly what he is doing. I bet this year will be a little better than .500 and next year will be a bit jump.
Funny how the same game can generate two polarized reactions like this.

I didn't think tonight's game was discouraging at all really. Later in the 2nd half giving up the 15-0 run was pretty brutal but we played well for 35 mins or so

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » November 19th, 2017, 8:35 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
MacAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2017, 11:39 pm
Maverik_Aggie wrote:

Funny how the same game can generate two polarized reactions like this.

I didn't think tonight's game was discouraging at all really. Later in the 2nd half giving up the 15-0 run was pretty brutal but we played well for 35 mins or so
I figured the 15-0 run would occur during the first 5 mins and the Zags would coast the rest of it instead of the last 5 mins. So I can't see how that game would be discouraging. Unless you don't like surprises. Because this will be another year with surprise wins and surprise losses....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 19th, 2017, 8:46 am

Too bad the game is 40 minutes long. It is encouraging and probably better than most would have expected before the game. I hope it is a springboard to better basketball by this group.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2017, 4:01 pm

What I find interesting is how well this team played last night without the point guard dominating the ball.

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » November 20th, 2017, 7:28 am

brownjeans wrote:
November 18th, 2017, 11:05 pm
Is Crystal LaVar's daughter?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
No that would be LaCrystal Ball

Locked Previous topicNext topic