BYU played its final basketball games, and lost both

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
NowhereLandAggie

BYU played its final basketball games, and lost both

Post by NowhereLandAggie » February 22nd, 2017, 6:10 pm

Sports is phased out at Brigham Young University.

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/4 ... -plays-its

Flying_Scotsman8
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BYU played its final basketball games, and lost both

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » February 22nd, 2017, 11:37 pm

So, is it more likely that Provo gets into the big 12 or gets phased out? I don't think it's unrealistic, with ever-increasing costs to fund athletic programs, that Provo may eventually drop athletics. And I don't wanna hear that crap about how much money BYU athletics makes. Coming back to earth, it's unlikely, but it's fun to dream.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 23rd, 2017, 12:12 pm

I highly doubt they do away with athletics at byu. They've invested millions in facilities there, even in the past 10 years. They have long term plans to expand the stadium to 80,000 and have been quietly buying homes around the stadium for years. Unless something drastic forces changes, I doubt they'll let those things go.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Flying_Scotsman8
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » February 23rd, 2017, 3:27 pm

You're probably right, unfortunately. On a happier note, I get to watch those *****es that they call a basketball team lose to Pepperdine in perpetuity. I can't even imagine a more unlikable basketball team.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 24th, 2017, 12:26 am

I was at that game on Monday night. I was disappointed by the lack of attendance. For a monumental event such as the last game in the history of the program, I expected a bigger turnout. BYU-Hawaii is not very good, they finished 6-20 and didn't even make their conference tournament. Part of that is because it has been close to impossible to recruit the last few years since the program was announced it was ending. This year they had a few guys tryout and make the team that in a normal year would have no chance. Too bad it is dying. Laie is a nice town and BYU-Hawaii is a much different vibe than the two other byu's. While I have lived in Hawaii less than a year, I've been told when they were winning games, their home games were electric. True, that most fans say that about their team.

Locked Previous topicNext topic