Cord Cutting?

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Aggieforlife

Cord Cutting?

Post by Aggieforlife » December 7th, 2017, 8:24 pm

I know this gets discussed quite often... I apologize for bringing it up again, but... Cord Cutting?? For those who have tried youtube tv, hulu tv, sling, ect, ect, what would you recommend for a sports fan? I would like to catch as many NFL and NBA (most importantly the Jazz) games as i can, college games aren't as important, all the ones i want to see i will usually watch with family who has dish.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Re: Cord Cutting?

Post by bigblue » December 7th, 2017, 8:32 pm

I have sling TV on my fire stick. It's OK but nothing to right home about. It's been great for football. It doesn't have CBSsports though. I get around that by watching those games on my phone though their app. As far as Jazz games, I haven't found a viable service to see those other than paying for NBA pass. And that's too expensive for me. Anything on AT&T sports networks are a bust for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » December 7th, 2017, 8:39 pm

bigblue wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 8:32 pm
I have sling TV on my fire stick. It's OK but nothing to right home about. It's been great for football. It doesn't have CBSsports though. I get around that by watching those games on my phone though their app. As far as Jazz games, I haven't found a viable service to see those other than paying for NBA pass. And that's too expensive for me. Anything on AT&T sports networks are a bust for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
regarding the jazz thats kindof what i found as well, i couldn't find any way to stream the AT&T sports network, does anyone know of a way?

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

For Rockies fans, same problem as Jazz. We could not get an antenna to work, so what we ended up doing was getting a mid range cable package and also have Netflix and Amazon. Sling reception broke up a lot and was not overly impressed with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » December 8th, 2017, 8:28 am

If the sports you want are in the AT&T, formerly known as Root TV, streaming black hole then you’re wasting your time. Your only options are sports bars, friends with cable, or ad laden and pixelated firstrowsports streams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » December 8th, 2017, 8:31 am

nbastreams on reddit almost always has very good and minimal-ad overlayed streams for Jazz games, a guy I know watches almost all the Jazz games this way...

Bad business decision on the part of the NBA, Jazz, AT&T or whomever makes the decision to not provide a legitimate streaming option for fans in Utah (or the blackout area).

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 8th, 2017, 9:30 am

Luckily I'm outside of the Jazz broadcast footprint. I get all the games including archived copies on NBA League Pass broadband every year. I love it.

I've thought of getting out of my Verizon Fios TV Package once my current deal expires and moving to youtube TV. They seem to be the best streaming option for Aggie fans as they have CBS Sports Network.

andytheaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by andytheaggie » December 8th, 2017, 9:58 am

ATT Sportsnet is supposedly working on a streaming service. It was supposed to be ready at the beginning of the NBA season, but it's been delayed...

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=304&sid=45971419

I'm biding my time until this is ready, after which I'll be dropping Dish and going with YoutubeTV (as mentioned, only streaming service currently with CBS Sports).

I tried the NBA League Pass with VPN for a bit, but it was never very reliable. It really is ridiculous that there isn't a streaming option for willing-to-pay Utah customers, and instead we have to resort to pirated streams.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 8th, 2017, 10:10 am

Just signed up for YouTube TV. Has all sports except ATT SportsNet. Also includes locals. It now has apps on Roku so you can watch other ways than chromecast

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » December 8th, 2017, 10:10 am

Hulu TV has CBS Sports, and they also have TBS and TNT for March Madness purposes. They also have HGTV, for those whose wives are into that kind of thing.

AggieMan5

Post by AggieMan5 » December 24th, 2017, 10:19 am

For sports fans none are even average yet. As soon as the streaming services get better with live sports, bye bye Comcast.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » January 29th, 2018, 8:21 pm

I have the Hulu Beta Live TV Streaming Package, and it has CBS Sports Network and ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN News.. With Hulu, you can also do the WatchESPN thing. But you're screwed if you want to watch the Jazz . I may have to breakdown and buy MLBtv. I have an HD antenna for local TV, 2, 4, 5 , 7, 11, 13, 14, and a bunch of other intermediate HD over the air channels. Make sure, however, you buy an antenna with sufficient range. I got the 130 mile one (I live in Ogden, 63 miles away from the transmission point) and everything comes in fine. You have occasional buffering with internet streaming but nothing I can't live with. We added Netflix and I'm saving $100 a month. My internet service is an over the air ISP streaming 50 mbps, and using a Roku 4K HD unit as the interface.. Works awesome!

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 29th, 2018, 11:52 pm

I just cut the cord and went with YouTube TV. Has all of the same sports channels and a little more compared to Hulu, plus local channels for $35. Also giving up jazz games and an Aggie game here and there without ATTRM, but saving close to $100 a month versus what I paid with dish to get CBS sports.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 30th, 2018, 8:12 am

treesap32 wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 9:30 am
Luckily I'm outside of the Jazz broadcast footprint. I get all the games including archived copies on NBA League Pass broadband every year. I love it.

I've thought of getting out of my Verizon Fios TV Package once my current deal expires and moving to youtube TV. They seem to be the best streaming option for Aggie fans as they have CBS Sports Network.
Maybe we should meet in chat for jazz games? :). Seriously though I have just started watching jazz games on the jazz twitter. All of the highlights I suppose.

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » January 30th, 2018, 1:58 pm

reddit.com/r/nbastreams plus a Chromecast is your friend

Locked Previous topicNext topic