ATTN: Software/APP Developers

Download Aggie Wallpapers for your Computer or your Phone.
tetonaggie

ATTN: Software/APP Developers

Post by tetonaggie » September 8th, 2015, 2:06 pm

Garmin has line of GPS watches that have changeable displays through downloading apps in their Connect IQ app store (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/). I just got the Fenix 3 and would really love to download a USU themed watch face. So all you smart people with software/app developing skills can get to work and let me know when you've got a great USU face available for me to download. Thanks in advance for your unselfish ways and the countless hours you'll spend doing this and may you and your posterity receive so many blessings that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: ATTN: Software/APP Developers

Post by ProvoAggie » September 8th, 2015, 2:50 pm

I just looked over it a bit and it looks like they've made it quite a bit more difficult than other platforms. With Android Wear there are a few apps that just let you drag and drop elements to create a watchface which is how this one was created:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33724

It looks like to develop for the Garmin watch a developer would actually need to have a development environment setup and also have a watch to test it on.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » September 8th, 2015, 3:34 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:I just looked over it a bit and it looks like they've made it quite a bit more difficult than other platforms. With Android Wear there are a few apps that just let you drag and drop elements to create a watchface which is how this one was created:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33724

It looks like to develop for the Garmin watch a developer would actually need to have a development environment setup and also have a watch to test it on.
That Android watch face is impressive! Exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. Thanks for checking into this Provo, I knew you would be the first to try.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » September 8th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic