Larger icon for "View first unread post"

We want this to be the best online community of Aggie fans in the world. If you know of something that will make it better, let us know.
Reckoner

Larger icon for "View first unread post"

Post by Reckoner » October 1st, 2015, 10:47 am

It's a small suggestion, but I'd love to see a larger icon or different placement for the "View first unread post" function. On my computer it's easy to click the button, but on my phone it's very difficult and usually entails magnifying the screen. You could even make the "New" comment icon take you to the first unread post. That would probably work really well.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Re: Larger icon for "View first unread post"

Post by Aglicious » October 6th, 2015, 10:03 am

This one would be nice since I too find myself increasingly going directly to the forum from my phone instead of using Tapatalk. I'll poke around and see what is possible.

Reckoner

Post by Reckoner » October 6th, 2015, 12:26 pm

Awesome. Thanks! And thanks for the great site!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » October 6th, 2015, 2:57 pm

I wish there was a way to automatically go to the first new post in a thread (via a user profile setting).

I'd also love for there to be a filtered view of unread posts like Tapatalk provides when you login in their "unread" view.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 7th, 2015, 9:00 am

treesap32 wrote:I wish there was a way to automatically go to the first new post in a thread (via a user profile setting).

I'd also love for there to be a filtered view of unread posts like Tapatalk provides when you login in their "unread" view.
There is a filtered view of unread posts. On the Board Index page click on View Unread Posts and it will take you here:
search.php?search_id=unreadposts

Also, any thread that has Unread Posts has a little orange icon to the left of the thread title. When you click on that it goes to the 1st unread post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic