Aggie fan not wearing white 9/29 = Aggie fan against Gary.

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Aggie fan not wearing white 9/29 = Aggie fan against Gar

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 7:03 am

The NHL Jets did it and then they moved to Phoenix and call themselves the Coyotes. Seriously. Hockey in Phoenix instead of Canada? Lame.
Penn State does it. No one should copy anything about them.
BYU does it.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 24th, 2012, 7:10 am

Next you‘ll be telling me BYU has exclusive rights to pleated jeans, denim vests, braided belts, floating, and socks w/ sandals.

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » September 24th, 2012, 7:19 am

brownjeans wrote:The NHL Jets did it and then they moved to Phoenix and call themselves the Coyotes. Seriously. Hockey in Phoenix instead of Canada? Lame.
BYU does it.
There's only one thing about Penn State that I wouldn't kill to have at USU. Any objection to having a state-wide pull for 100,000 in the stands every game, every Aggie game being the event of the day, national championships and Heisman trophies in the Hall of Fame?

Nobody here knows anything.

kkalian311

Post by kkalian311 » September 24th, 2012, 7:24 am

Whiteout.
Attachments
FacebookCoverNoSponsors.jpg

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » September 24th, 2012, 7:27 am

kkalian311 wrote:Whiteout.
The all whites look so good!
Can't wait!

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 7:30 am

OKAggie wrote:
brownjeans wrote:The NHL Jets did it and then they moved to Phoenix and call themselves the Coyotes. Seriously. Hockey in Phoenix instead of Canada? Lame.
BYU does it.
There's only one thing about Penn State that I wouldn't kill to have at USU. Any objection to having a state-wide pull for 100,000 in the stands every game, every Aggie game being the event of the day, national championships and Heisman trophies in the Hall of Fame?
Other schools have those things. Why take from Penn St?

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 24th, 2012, 8:39 am

We're kinda limited on our color choices. Aggie blue isn't as spectacular as a crowd full of white, IMO.

BJ, are you just reluctant to be told you're trying to be like BYU, or is that just one of the reasons why you're against it?

AggieDude
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieDude » September 24th, 2012, 8:54 am

I can understand why some don't like the idea. It's a trendy thing to do and it makes us look like followers instead of leaders. Fair enough. I think that since the decision has already been made to go ahead with it you just take one for the team and participate. That's just the way I see it.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 9:00 am

AndroidAggie wrote:We're kinda limited on our color choices. Aggie blue isn't as spectacular as a crowd full of white, IMO.

BJ, are you just reluctant to be told you're trying to be like BYU, or is that just one of the reasons why you're against it?
It's not an anti BYU thing, it's a resistance to being told what to do, being pressured to do thing. I've always been one to go my own way and as such I don't like being told what to do, I don't like doing "trendy" things and I don't like copying things that others do. I'd be much happier if I thought it was something original or special to USU. It's not. I can't figure out why people are so happy to just do what others are doing. I seemed to remember that USU has some very creative people. I'm sure we can be creative enough to come up with our own ideas.

At this point, Aggies need butts in seats chearing for the Aggies and it doesn't matter what they wear.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 9:04 am

AggieDude wrote:I can understand why some don't like the idea. It's a trendy thing to do and it makes us look like followers instead of leaders. Fair enough. I think that since the decision has already been made to go ahead with it you just take one for the team and participate. That's just the way I see it.
I can understand this. But it will make me really grumpy to swallow my proud independent streak for a something as dumb as a color. I guess there's worse things than being grumpy. I could also just save myself the drive to Logan. Grrr. I'm already feeling really grumpy about this! Serenity NOW!

AggieDude

Post by AggieDude » September 24th, 2012, 9:07 am

Accept it today and hopefully the grumpiness will go away by game time.

edit:

Just had an idea that could solve all of your problems. Buy a white shirt made of silk or some similar fabric that has a blue sheen. :)

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 9:12 am

AggieDude wrote:Accept it today and hopefully the grumpiness will go away by game time.

edit:

Just had an idea that could solve all of your problems. Buy a white shirt made of silk or some similar fabric that has a blue sheen. :)
I could wear a satin wedding dress. White, blue sheen, delicate fabric against the skin, bucking convention. Hmmm...

AggieDude

Post by AggieDude » September 24th, 2012, 9:14 am

brownjeans wrote:
AggieDude wrote:Accept it today and hopefully the grumpiness will go away by game time.

edit:

I could wear a satin wedding dress. White, blue sheen, delicate fabric against the skin, bucking convention. Hmmm...
See, we're making progress. You could even go with a rainbow colored afro wig and a nose ring.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 9:18 am

lol

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 24th, 2012, 9:50 am

You don't want to wear the ribbon? You are against AIDS, right?

Hey Cedric, Bob, ~points at brownjeans~ THIS guy doesn't want to wear the ribbon!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 10:45 am

AndroidAggie wrote:You don't want to wear the ribbon? You are against AIDS, right?

Hey Cedric, Bob, ~points at brownjeans~ THIS guy doesn't want to wear the ribbon!
Awesome.

Why don't they have a brown button for colon/rectal cancer? Seems appropriate.

I just decided. I'm wearing a white shirt with a brown button sewn on it to raise rectal cancer awareness. RIP Farrah.

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » September 24th, 2012, 12:41 pm

brownjeans wrote: I can't figure out why people are so happy to just do what others are doing. I seemed to remember that USU has some very creative people. I'm sure we can be creative enough to come up with out own ideas.
Curious as to where you stand with regards to the "I believe" chant(which began at Navy) and the "Winning team/losing team" chant(which began at Harvard or Ohio.. can't remember which).. do you choose not support to the students and the school when they do those cheers during games?.. because neither one was an 'original idea' of USU's. And if the proposition of doing a white-out elicits this type of reaction from you, then why aren't you all up in arms about those chants, as well???? :noidea:

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

AggieAddict

Post by AggieAddict » September 24th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Saw this picture and thought i would share.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 1:01 pm

AGGZILLA wrote:
brownjeans wrote: I can't figure out why people are so happy to just do what others are doing. I seemed to remember that USU has some very creative people. I'm sure we can be creative enough to come up with our own ideas.
Curious as to where you stand with regards to the "I believe" chant(which began at Navy) and the "Winning team/losing team" chant(which began at Harvard or Ohio.. can't remember which).. do you choose not support to the students and the school when they do those cheers during games?.. because neither one was an 'original idea' of USU's. And if the proposition of doing a white-out elicits this type of reaction from you, then why aren't you all up in arms about those chants, as well???? :noidea:
I was up in arms on them when they were new things for us. To summarize those thoughts, I think we do them well, better than anyone else, but wish we'd come up with something of our own instead. I would be even more cool it we did something that was uniquely ours as well as we do those things. I made this argument when Fafner & co. started doing them and everyone called me a hater, blah, blah, blah. The scottsman is my favorite thing. It's uniquely Aggie. We need more things that are uniquely Aggie and I think we're creative enough to come up with some kickass cool stuff that is unique. So if we're creative enough, and not doing it I can only assume that we're too lazy or too scared to be told our idea is dumb by a few people.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 24th, 2012, 1:02 pm

This sounds like a marketing ploy to sell more merch. Are they going to have white game day shirts? Of cours I could just go shirtless myself, that would be a WHITE OUT fo show! :shock: :puke: :lol:

Will be there... in white shorts, but wtih my blue shirt, sorry I only wear a white shirt to Job interviews and funerals... and although this will be funeral for the Rebels.... :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 24th, 2012, 1:06 pm

ViAggie wrote:This sounds like a marketing ploy to sell more merch. Are they going to have white game day shirts? Of cours I could just go shirtless myself, that would be a WHITE OUT fo show! :shock: :puke: :lol:

Will be there... in white shorts, but wtih my blue shirt, sorry I only wear a white shirt to Job interviews and funerals... and although this will be funeral for the Rebels.... :joking:
The Hurd has already announced that they will be selling white game day shirts for $3...which I'm pretty sure is selling them at a loss.

CapitolAggie

Post by CapitolAggie » September 24th, 2012, 1:07 pm

I hate to muddy the waters - but is there a Ribbon I can wear that signifies support for Gary? Maybe a ribbon that has JFW written on it or something else....

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 24th, 2012, 1:09 pm

Sure, how much you willing toay?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 1:10 pm

CapitolAggie wrote:I hate to muddy the waters - but is there a Ribbon I can wear that signifies support for Gary? Maybe a ribbon that has JFW written on it or something else....
I already muddied the waters with my brown button. Pun intended.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 24th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Fine fine, I'll wear a damn white shirt! Geeze! By I'm wearing my blue wife beater under it! :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

redburnday

Post by redburnday » September 24th, 2012, 2:08 pm

:wtf: So we are going to have 17,000 people wearing white and exposing their magic undershirts. This is only going to make me feel guilty for drinking beer before the game.

Sr. Tubastank

Post by Sr. Tubastank » September 24th, 2012, 2:13 pm

redburnday wrote::wtf: So we are going to have 17,000 people wearing white and exposing their magic undershirts. This is only going to make me feel guilty for drinking beer before the game.
No guilt here :cheers:

@Call_It_Ustate

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 24th, 2012, 2:14 pm

redburnday wrote::wtf: So we are going to have 17,000 people wearing white and exposing their magic undershirts. This is only going to make me feel guilty for drinking beer before the game.
~rolls eyes~

Drink away, I doubt anyone here cares.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 24th, 2012, 2:33 pm

brownjeans wrote:
AGGZILLA wrote:
brownjeans wrote: I can't figure out why people are so happy to just do what others are doing. I seemed to remember that USU has some very creative people. I'm sure we can be creative enough to come up with our own ideas.
I was up in arms on them when they were new things for us. To summarize those thoughts, I think we do them well, better than anyone else, but wish we'd come up with something of our own instead. I would be even more cool it we did something that was uniquely ours as well as we do those things. I made this argument when Fafner & co. started doing them and everyone called me a hater, blah, blah, blah. The scottsman is my favorite thing. It's uniquely Aggie. We need more things that are uniquely Aggie and I think we're creative enough to come up with some kickass cool stuff that is unique. So if we're creative enough, and not doing it I can only assume that we're too lazy or too scared to be told our idea is dumb by a few people.
Based on the make up of our student body I'll think we'll do the White Out just fine.

Hail Aggies!

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 24th, 2012, 2:35 pm

BJ, for what it's worth, I think you've been very reasonable in your opposition. I don't agree with you, but I certainly don't think you've been inordinately vocal or a thorn in anyone's side.

I can't wait to see the white out. I'm super pumped.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 24th, 2012, 4:09 pm

Or . . . you, my Aggie brother, might do a great and generous thing . . . and take commentary like this, which many might just take as bigoted and ignorant, to the place designed therefor . . . The Sandbox.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 24th, 2012, 5:23 pm

YeAh, how dare you say there will only be 17,000 people there.

Hail Aggies!

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » September 24th, 2012, 6:37 pm

ViAggie wrote:Of cours I could just go shirtless myself, that would be a WHITE OUT fo show!
Given our fan demographics, if our entire crowd did this we wouldn't need to turn on the lights. Save the AD a few bucks.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » September 24th, 2012, 8:38 pm

I think that it's the old Geezers that are poo pooing this. I'm 45 and think it's very cool. If it comes off well people will like it once they see it. I love the road uni's. It also gives people a chance to see our Team play in their road uni's if they haven't ever traveled to see them play on the road.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2012, 9:32 pm

Machismo wrote:I think that it's the old Geezers that are poo pooing this. I'm 45 and think it's very cool. If it comes off well people will like it once they see it. I love the road uni's. It also gives people a chance to see our Team play in their road uni's if they haven't ever traveled to see them play on the road.
Uh, no need to be dismissive on some kind of age bias. And what's a geezer? I'm younger than you and most likely more immature than at least half the people on this board.

I love the team wearing all white. I think it will look very cool like ghosts flying around. It's the white-out crowd thing that I don't care for.

Locked Previous topicNext topic