This worked out perfect.

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
nismo1616
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

This worked out perfect.

Post by nismo1616 » December 20th, 2012, 12:22 pm

As upset as I was Tuesday night, this works out great. Rather then leave Utah State when they don't look so good the next year, Anderson leaves Wells with a promising team and Chuckie Keeton. As well as what happened to Boise State, look at Stanford. Harbaugh resurrected them from a one win team and then left and took a good chunk of the staff to San Francisco. They hired internally and look how they turned out. We'll be just fine. All is well in Aggie Nation!

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: This worked out perfect.

Post by BigBlueDart » December 20th, 2012, 12:30 pm

I agree. Looking at our situation and what we could have realistically expected, things are going to be fine. If folks can look past GA saying he's staying and then changing his mind a couple weeks later, then I think we'll all be mostly satisfied with how this played out.

nismo1616

Post by nismo1616 » December 20th, 2012, 12:44 pm

While I did fully believe Gary when he said he was coming back next year, I never believed this is where he wanted to be long term. I just figured he would be here either 1 more year or until Chuckie graduated. I think with the team we have right now, this is the best timing for his departure. And hopefully we will see a little more loyalty from a USU grad!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 20th, 2012, 1:37 pm

He who shall not be named will always have his presence felt, but the timing is good right now for a change. Let's hope the CV fans use this as a unifying event like the players have.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 20th, 2012, 1:41 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:He who shall not be named will always have his presence felt, but the timing is good right now for a change. Let's hope the CV fans use this as a unifying event like the players have.
I hope he who must not be named did not leave any horcruxes anywhere near Logan ;)

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

diehardaggiefan

Post by diehardaggiefan » December 20th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Gary Andersen did a great job while coach, and left the program in great shape for the future. Being upset with him is petty and juvenile. If Wells has a few down years and the people on here whining about GA say USU should not fire Wells out of loyalty, I will at least respect their gripe of Andersen leaving. I highly doubt anyone will be saying that if Wells does not work out. Nobody was talking about loyalty when Guy was canned.

Logan, Utah; the site of the 2014 MW Championship game.

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » December 20th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Coach Guy still got paid. We kept our end of the bargain with him.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » December 20th, 2012, 2:07 pm

I agree with the theme of this thread. Hiring Matt Wells and so soon is the right move. It has brought closure. We're in a great position to keep the momentum going...We'll start the season next year with some votes, possibly being ranked in the Top 25, a home win against BYU, a road test against one of the finest programs in college football, and a better conference schedule to tear up. This is a great time to be an AGGIE!

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » December 20th, 2012, 2:13 pm

It will be great when we win the MWC championship next year and none of this matters. It still hurts to be rejected though. Glad it was by a football coach and not someone really important.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » December 20th, 2012, 2:15 pm

Perfect? I think the only way this worked out perfect was if GA was staying. I think this is a good plan B. If we bust the BCS next then yes I will agree that it WORKED OUT PERFECT.

Locked Previous topicNext topic