SEZ Bleachers

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USUALUM
Has thanked: 0

SEZ Bleachers

Post by USUALUM » July 30th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Anyone care to mosey up there and grab a photo of the SEZ bleachers progress? I know it's not he most exciting thing in the world but something to pass the time right?

tjensen_25

Re: SEZ Bleachers

Post by tjensen_25 » July 30th, 2013, 3:51 pm

I live like 3 minutes away. If you give me a few, I can do it.

USUALUM

Post by USUALUM » July 30th, 2013, 3:56 pm

tjensen_25 wrote:I live like 3 minutes away. If you give me a few, I can do it.
I didn't mean you had to go now! :) I appreciate it though, just curious how it will look.

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » July 30th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to post a picture. If a mod wants to fix them that would be great. I understand if you don't want to tho haha.

They haven't done much. I would've gone closer but they were working and I didn't want to bug them.
They painted over the "A" Either today or yesterday.
These are all the bleachers they have yet to put it.
I also took some pictures of the banners on the North side of the strength and conditioning building.

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » July 30th, 2013, 4:41 pm

IMO the Strength and conditioning looks a TON better with the banners and U-State Logo in place.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » July 30th, 2013, 4:50 pm

The pictures are all embedded now. They actually painted over the A quite a while ago. I took some pictures in the stadium a couple of months ago and it was already painted over:

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » July 30th, 2013, 5:01 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:The pictures are all embedded now. They actually painted over the A quite a while ago. I took some pictures in the stadium a couple of months ago and it was already painted over:
Haha don't know how I missed that.

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » July 30th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Some of the pictures got cut off on the right side.
The full pictures are here. http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/tjens ... t=3&page=1

USUALUM

Post by USUALUM » July 30th, 2013, 5:41 pm

From an out of stater I really appreciate your efforts! Great pics of the banners as well. Thanks again.

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » July 30th, 2013, 5:57 pm

No Problem :) I seriously live like 6 blocks from the stadium, it gave me something to do haha.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » July 30th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Thanks tjensen_25!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » July 31st, 2013, 9:04 am

It's funny Tai Wesley is featured on the strength and conditioning building. He was notorious for getting out of lifting cause he hated it so much. At least that's what he told me.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » July 31st, 2013, 10:07 am

Speaking of Tai, I had a random eye contact with him a few days ago as he was coming out of the field house. Was not expecting to see him in town.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

ustate98
Pick'em Champ - '13 WTHCG

Post by ustate98 » July 31st, 2013, 3:53 pm

NAggsty Butler wrote:Speaking of Tai, I had a random eye contact with him a few days ago as he was coming out of the field house. Was not expecting to see him in town.
Not to throw this thread off topic but I had random eye contact and "hello's" with Greg Ostertag at the airport about 11 or 12 years ago. He was walking in from the parking garage as my wife and I were walking out. Once he was out of hearing range my wife says "I wonder if he plays basketball". :lol:

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » July 31st, 2013, 4:11 pm

ustate98 wrote:
NAggsty Butler wrote:Speaking of Tai, I had a random eye contact with him a few days ago as he was coming out of the field house. Was not expecting to see him in town.
Not to throw this thread off topic but I had random eye contact and "hello's" with Greg Ostertag at the airport about 11 or 12 years ago. He was walking in from the parking garage as my wife and I were walking out. Once he was out of hearing range my wife says "I wonder if he plays basketball". :lol:
appropriate response?

he is on an NBA team, but doesn't really play basketball. :noidea:

CrazyAg

Post by CrazyAg » July 31st, 2013, 7:33 pm

Finished a section. Here is the latest.
Attachments
IMG_0982.JPG

Rabidchild

Post by Rabidchild » July 31st, 2013, 10:56 pm

This is fantastic. Something that needed to happen 25 years ago.

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Aggieup2

New SEZ seating.....

Post by Aggieup2 » August 1st, 2013, 11:53 am

EDIT: Merged from anther thread

Anyone know if the new benches in the SEZ changes the seating capacity of the stadium. Up or down?

capt_jerkface
Been thanked: 0

Re: New SEZ seating.....

Post by capt_jerkface » August 1st, 2013, 11:55 am

Now that he's retired I'm sure Spetman could come count for us.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » August 1st, 2013, 12:58 pm

capt_jerkface wrote:Now that he's retired I'm sure Spetman could come count for us.
nope, he'll adjust it down again, regardless if it would be necessary.

coolag

Post by coolag » August 1st, 2013, 2:59 pm

I'm not sure it will change the official capacity but it will surely allow for more people in the stadium as fans will not be able to take up space for 20 people and only have 6 in their group. Long overdue IMO.

Regulator of Class

AggieAddict

Post by AggieAddict » August 1st, 2013, 3:05 pm

coolag wrote:I'm not sure it will change the official capacity but it will surely allow for more people in the stadium as fans will not be able to take up space for 20 people and only have 6 in their group. Long overdue IMO.
This!

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » August 5th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Aggieup2 wrote:
Anyone know if the new benches in the SEZ changes the seating capacity of the stadium. Up or down?
Good question, I have wondered the same thing myself. Weren't the "steps" without bleachers much deeper? Did they have to pour in new steps to mount the bleachers to? In any case, this seems like an area that need to now be recalculated for capacity.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 5th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Aglicious wrote:
Aggieup2 wrote:
Good question, I have wondered the same thing myself. Weren't the "steps" without bleachers much deeper? Did they have to pour in new steps to mount the bleachers to? In any case, this seems like an area that need to now be recalculated for capacity.
Nothing was changed with the concrete. They even just painted over the A with blue paint so there is a square section of concrete under the bleachers that will be blue.

KissMyAg
Been thanked: 0

Post by KissMyAg » August 5th, 2013, 1:38 pm

This looks a billion times better. All of the work done to it over the last five years makes it look much better.

What's the status on the press box? Are we going to include a dining hall for the players there? What are we doing with the basement space in the new S and C center?

Love the progress made over the last 5 years. The Laub family should called the Gaud's (Gods)

AggieBlues

Post by AggieBlues » August 5th, 2013, 2:48 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
Aggieup2 wrote:
Nothing was changed with the concrete. They even just painted over the A with blue paint so there is a square section of concrete under the bleachers that will be blue.
I read somewhere they're going to charge a premium price for some of the south end zone seats. Could it be this blue section?

The amount of energy necessary to refute bull pucky is an order of magnitude greater than to produce it.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » August 5th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Doubt it. I heard the premium seating in the EZ, if it were to happen would be the first few rows and involve chairbacks, albeit with a lower donation point than west side chairs. I also think this idea is very preliminary and we probably won't see it for a couple of years if at all. I love it though! But, I could be completely wrong as happens pretty regularly.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » August 5th, 2013, 3:25 pm

When I took my tour with Kent Stanley - who was a stand up guy, even if he was Canadien :joking: - it was mentioned that the premium seating and higher prices wouldn't happen until there were chairs in the SEZ. A timeline was not provided, but it was something they were hoping to do.

usugoalie13

Post by usugoalie13 » August 5th, 2013, 3:40 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:When I took my tour with Kent Stanley - who was a stand up guy, even if he was Canadien :joking: - it was mentioned that the premium seating and higher prices wouldn't happen until there were chairs in the SEZ. A timeline was not provided, but it was something they were hoping to do.
Hey now... we are pretty good people. at least i sure think so... :headscratch:

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » August 5th, 2013, 4:10 pm

It's de facto American snobbery, usugoalie. I'm just perpetuating prejudice. ;)

usugoalie13

Post by usugoalie13 » August 5th, 2013, 4:58 pm

haha sounds about right, i was just messing with ya anyways. And to get back on topic. I am so excited that we are finally doing this. Since my first year at school, i have been wondering why there were no bleachers there. I always thought it looked a little tacky, like we ran out of money or something.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 5th, 2013, 10:48 pm

usugoalie13 wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:When I took my tour with Kent Stanley - who was a stand up guy, even if he was Canadien :joking: - it was mentioned that the premium seating and higher prices wouldn't happen until there were chairs in the SEZ. A timeline was not provided, but it was something they were hoping to do.
Whatever, we've all seen Southpark Dan. We know what you're up to.

Hail Aggies!

kofdog

Post by kofdog » August 6th, 2013, 12:43 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
Aggieup2 wrote:
I never really paid that close of attention but the SEZ was the exact same set up as the rest of the stadium. Someone asked if they just ran out of money, you might have been joking but was that the case? It's sure set up for this.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » August 6th, 2013, 7:53 am

Based on the linear measurements NavyBlueAggie and I did several years back, I believe the addition of these bleachers will actually increase the overall capacity to somewhere right around 26,000, depending on how wide a space they allocate for each patron. The width required for a chairback seat is not that of a bleacher seat. There are about 6900 seats available in the south endzone (perhaps as many as 7500) if they allocate them appropriately. Lots of those seats will be occupied by little kids.

jackmormon
RIP

Post by jackmormon » August 6th, 2013, 8:39 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
usugoalie13 wrote:
Whatever, we've all seen Southpark Dan. We know what you're up to.
Like Alaskans are any better. The Permanent Fund sounds pretty Canadian to me.

Locked Previous topicNext topic