Is there a chance CK isn't done for the season?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
uscaggie

Post by uscaggie » October 5th, 2013, 11:00 am

I doubt it too. More than a stretch... BUT

What if it was a sprain and clear that he was out for the night? May as well start playing the act to make it harder for upcoming teams to game prep. Again, clearly a stretch.

Hope everyone can step and support the team.

As bad as it feels feeling down for the ramifications on the season, have to remember the impact it has on CK's life. Feel for him! After all this is all just a game

AgTime

Re: Is there a chance CK isn't done for the season?

Post by AgTime » October 5th, 2013, 11:12 am

Didn't look like a sprain watching it on replay. I would love to be wrong, but...

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » October 5th, 2013, 11:16 am

Hate to say it but I would put the odds at 0%

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » October 5th, 2013, 11:24 am

The bonus of being pessimistic is that you're not often disappointed. I'm not saying that you should be pessimistic always, but about this...he's not coming back. If by some miracle (a miracle on par with some biblical stuff) he comes back this year, be happy. But don't give yourself hope that it's going to happen. You're just making the disappointment last longer.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » October 5th, 2013, 11:30 am

It's not even about being pessimistic, it looked like he clearly tore some ligaments in his knee. Zero chance he comes back this season

ustate98
Pick'em Champ - '13 WTHCG

Post by ustate98 » October 5th, 2013, 11:33 am

I don't think he'll be back either. My younger brother played college ball as a center (for those who have met me you'd be surprised how big he is, don't know how he got so big compared to my average size)..anyways he called me on the phone soon after that play saying he'd watched it over and over and said he'd be surprised if he's back this year. I know only playing ball doesn't make him an expert so take it for what its worth.

dhilk3785

Post by dhilk3785 » October 5th, 2013, 4:55 pm

The longer it takes to get official word, the more optimistic I am about a potential return. I feel like they would make the announcement right away if they knew. Probably wrong, but we'll see.

"I'd rather be wrong and cringe than right and regret not speaking up." - Jon Lovett

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 5th, 2013, 5:46 pm

MRIs can't be done until the swelling goes down. May be even Monday when that is done.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

AggieSports
RIP
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieSports » October 5th, 2013, 5:58 pm

I'm praying he's 100% by Fall camp. No chance in Hell he's returning this season, so you might as well accept that now. What a nightmare with Offensive injuries. I really thought we had a good chance of winning out. In a way, it shows just how far our program still has to go. If nothing else, mentally both the team and fans did not handle Chuckie going down well. I think most everyone that will be honest, knew the game was over right then and there. Physically, we obviously aren't deep enough at every position yet. Not by a long shot. We're much much better, but last night exposed how far we've yet to go.

IMO

tkmad
Has thanked: 0

Post by tkmad » October 5th, 2013, 6:01 pm

Its official. He's done for season. Surgery coming, 8 month recovery expected.

uscaggie

Post by uscaggie » October 13th, 2013, 9:59 pm

AggieSports wrote:I'm praying he's 100% by Fall camp. No chance in Hell he's returning this season, so you might as well accept that now. What a nightmare with Offensive injuries. I really thought we had a good chance of winning out. In a way, it shows just how far our program still has to go. If nothing else, mentally both the team and fans did not handle Chuckie going down well. I think most everyone that will be honest, knew the game was over right then and there. Physically, we obviously aren't deep enough at every position yet. Not by a long shot. We're much much better, but last night exposed how far we've yet to go.
RIP I thought this may be AggieSports. sorry AS to have you written off...

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/HJNews/o ... eview=True

puts all of our griping in perspective
Last edited by uscaggie on October 13th, 2013, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 13th, 2013, 10:04 pm

uscaggie wrote:
AggieSports wrote:I'm praying he's 100% by Fall camp. No chance in Hell he's returning this season, so you might as well accept that now. What a nightmare with Offensive injuries. I really thought we had a good chance of winning out. In a way, it shows just how far our program still has to go. If nothing else, mentally both the team and fans did not handle Chuckie going down well. I think most everyone that will be honest, knew the game was over right then and there. Physically, we obviously aren't deep enough at every position yet. Not by a long shot. We're much much better, but last night exposed how far we've yet to go.
RIP AggieSports

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/HJNews/o ... eview=True

puts all of our griping in perspective
Except that isn't AggieSports.

uscaggie

Post by uscaggie » October 13th, 2013, 10:05 pm

my bad then

Locked Previous topicNext topic