New seating chart??

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aceofspadeskb

New seating chart??

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 16th, 2014, 8:25 am

I got this with my season tickets. Any idea what the pink section is?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: New seating chart??

Post by BigBlueDart » August 16th, 2014, 10:08 am

That's where the BYU fans sit.

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » August 16th, 2014, 12:06 pm

That's where I sit! I hope nothing is happening to that section!!!

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » August 16th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Ran out of the blue toner

aggie86
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by aggie86 » August 16th, 2014, 12:47 pm

I know they are doing assign seats for students now but not sure what that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggieblood

Post by aggieblood » August 16th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Cheecho6 wrote:That's where I sit! I hope nothing is happening to that section!!!
I sit around there too!

So, if they are doing assigned seats for students, can general admission still sit sit there later in the season when the students stop coming?

Go Aggies!

aggie86

Post by aggie86 » August 16th, 2014, 2:40 pm

From what I understand students have to get tickets for the game however I do believe it's paid with their student fee. That's about all I know. This will help with better tailgating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » August 16th, 2014, 9:54 pm

Asked the ticket office. The pink section is a "player pass" section. So pretty much reserved for family and friends of the team. Between the new reserved seats in the south end zone and this, a large portion of General Admission is gone. It's going to be tight tight quarters. Disappointed I won't be able sit in my normal seats.

-Jason Kreis

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » August 16th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Cheecho6 wrote:Asked the ticket office. The pink section is a "player pass" section. So pretty much reserved for family and friends of the team. Between the new reserved seats in the south end zone and this, a large portion of General Admission is gone. It's going to be tight tight quarters. Disappointed I won't be able sit in my normal seats.
I hope they sold fewer GA tickets...

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » August 17th, 2014, 7:37 am

Good point 3rdGenAggie, let's hope.

-Jason Kreis

Aggiesun

Post by Aggiesun » August 17th, 2014, 5:13 pm

That's where I sat as well...

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » August 17th, 2014, 8:18 pm

What is the rationale for student tickets? Just to cap attendance /prevent a line forming days in advance for big games?

Will the students really be in assigned seats? That would be a horrible idea if so

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » August 17th, 2014, 8:30 pm

From what I know students can pick up tickets Monday of game week, this eliminates the lines at the stadium, allows students the chance to tailgate, and the ticket office can better gauge student attendance and interest before the game.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » August 17th, 2014, 8:49 pm

They'll be assigned a section and row, not a seat. I don't know how they'll enforce it though.

Sent from my teléfono

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Machismo

Post by Machismo » August 17th, 2014, 9:01 pm

My son is a student and we haven't heard a thing about this. Where is this info coming from? If this is true why haven't students been informed? If I didn't read this board he would have no idea at this point.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 17th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Machismo wrote:My son is a student and we haven't heard a thing about this. Where is this info coming from? If this is true why haven't students been informed? If I didn't read this board he would have no idea at this point.

Yeah the HURD has announced it. I understand why they would try to do it but I also think it's pretty dumb and is going to take away from the experience a lot for a lot of people. The types that come for the social event and try and find and sit with friends randomly.

Yeah maybe they're there for just the social but at least they are there and it turns them into legit fans. I can see this discouraging those type of people from even coming because they didn't go get a ticket and they will get crap for trying to sit in places where they don't have tickets.

aspear

Post by aspear » August 17th, 2014, 9:23 pm

swishh_15 wrote:
Machismo wrote:My son is a student and we haven't heard a thing about this. Where is this info coming from? If this is true why haven't students been informed? If I didn't read this board he would have no idea at this point.

Yeah the HURD has announced it. I understand why they would try to do it but I also think it's pretty dumb and is going to take away from the experience a lot for a lot of people. The types that come for the social event and try and find and sit with friends randomly.

Yeah maybe they're there for just the social but at least they are there and it turns them into legit fans. I can see this discouraging those type of people from even coming because they didn't go get a ticket and they will get crap for trying to sit in places where they don't have tickets.
The way I've understood it(I work elsewhere on campus) is that it will be ushered until 10 minutes before kick off. I can't see anyone trying to keep everyone in place during the game though. Students can also grab up to 5 tickets with their ID, which will hopefully promote bringing people who wouldn't usually come.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » August 17th, 2014, 9:34 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:They'll be assigned a section and row, not a seat. I don't know how they'll enforce it though.

Sent from my teléfono
I just don't understand the point of this. Did they give any rationale? Coordinating the picking up of tickets for large groups of friends could turn into a bigger hassle than casual fans will want to deal with.

glendayle

Post by glendayle » August 17th, 2014, 9:44 pm

I don't see what the big deal is. We are starting to get more attendance, so it becomes more important to have seat assignments and people sitting in those seats. It didn't matter when the stadium was half full. The students have always had a limited number of seats. Years ago, when I was at school, we never picked up tickets in advance except when BYU was coming to Logan. You'd have to pick up your tickets early or you wouldn't get a student ticket.

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » August 17th, 2014, 9:50 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:They'll be assigned a section and row, not a seat. I don't know how they'll enforce it though.

Sent from my teléfono
I just don't understand the point of this. Did they give any rationale? Coordinating the picking up of tickets for large groups of friends could turn into a bigger hassle than casual fans will want to deal with.
Because there were a lot of students sitting in line wanting to tail gate but unable to due so due to being unable to leave their spot. That, and many we're getting sick of a host of 50 kids sliding in front of them 15 minutes before the gates open because their friends were "holding spots", and spreading out to save 20 more seats upon entrance.

If you wanna show up 5 hours to game time, do it. Just hang out in the parking lot with the rest of the fanbase. It takes a little foresight to plan ahead and go with your friends and extra Ids on Monday. It's about changing the pregame culture. Give it a chance.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » August 17th, 2014, 9:53 pm

lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:

Sent from my teléfono
Because there were a lot of students sitting in line wanting to tail gate but unable to due so due to being unable to leave their spot. That, and many we're getting sick of a host of 50 kids sliding in front of them 15 minutes before the gates open because their friends were "holding spots", and spreading out to save 20 more seats upon entrance.

If you wanna show up 5 hours to game time, do it. Just hang out in the parking lot with the rest of the fanbase. It takes a little foresight to plan ahead and go with your friends and extra Ids on Monday. It's about changing the pregame culture. Give it a chance.
I'm all for everything you said, just don't see a need to assign a row, just give out GA student section tickets on Monday. I predict that is what will happen anyways. People will squeeze friends into their assigned row, the when someone sees that their assigned row is full they'll go to a different one and so on.

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » August 17th, 2014, 10:02 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:

Sent from my teléfono

I'm all for everything you said, just don't see a need to assign a row, just give out GA student section tickets on Monday. I predict that is what will happen anyways. People will squeeze friends into their assigned row, the when someone sees that their assigned row is full they'll go to a different one and so on.
Giving away GA tickets doesn't solve the problem, because you'd have to line up the same way before the game to get a seat. Technically, every student already has a GA ticket in the form of the IDs that get swiped. If you were to just have them swipe to get another GA ticket, then students still have to line up and wait on gameday. The row assignments are there to ensure that those who are there first on Monday can still get the same place on Saturday.

As I said, all it takes is a little foresight, and dedication. If you're ok sitting outside in line for 4 hours to get a good seat on Saturday, it seems odd to me to say "My friends and I won't get tickets on Monday, or any other day during the week prior to the game."

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » August 17th, 2014, 10:05 pm

lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:
lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:

Sent from my teléfono

Giving away GA tickets doesn't solve the problem, because you'd have to line up the same way before the game to get a seat. Technically, every student already has a GA ticket in the form of the IDs that get swiped. If you were to just have them swipe to get another GA ticket, then students still have to line up and wait on gameday. The row assignments are there to ensure that those who are there first on Monday can still get the same place on Saturday.

As I said, all it takes is a little foresight, and dedication. If you're ok sitting outside in line for 4 hours to get a good seat on Saturday, it seems odd to me to say "My friends and I won't get tickets on Monday, or any other day during the week prior to the game."
I guess it fixed the problem for the guys that like to sit on the front row, which imo is not a great seat at a football game. I love the current setup where me and 15 other guys can tailgate and the head on in and sit together near the top, much better view and no waiting. Now, I have to go on Monday, with at least 3 guys to get the 15 seats. Do I even have a choice of where I sit or do they just assume I want to be as close as possible to the field?

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » August 17th, 2014, 10:13 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:
lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:

Sent from my teléfono

I guess it fixed the problem for the guys that like to sit on the front row, which imo is not a great seat at a football game. I love the current setup where me and 15 other guys can tailgate and the head on in and sit together near the top, much better view and no waiting. Now, I have to go on Monday, with at least 3 guys to get the 15 seats. Do I even have a choice of where I sit or do they just assume I want to be as close as possible to the field?

You should be able to chose, and technically, if you don't mind being further up (as I don't) then you can go later in the week and still get tickets fine, or even show up at game time and just get in on your id. As I said, its really about maintaining enough structure to allow those who want to select their seats to go and join in pregame activities and tailgating. You just have to make the judgement as to where you want to sit and what it will take to get that. If you're fine being halfway up, it doesn't take much to get you that. If you want front row, you'll need to be just as dedicated to get that, just on a different day.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » August 17th, 2014, 10:15 pm

lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:
lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:
lcrasmus wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:

Sent from my teléfono

You should be able to chose, and technically, if you don't mind being further up (as I don't) then you can go later in the week and still get tickets fine, or even show up at game time and just get in on your id. As I said, its really about maintaining enough structure to allow those who want to select their seats to go and join in pregame activities and tailgating. You just have to make the judgement as to where you want to sit and what it will take to get that. If you're fine being halfway up, it doesn't take much to get you that. If you want front row, you'll need to be just as dedicated to get that, just on a different day.
Gotcha, this I can get behind. I didn't see it specified anywhere that you could still just use your ID at the gates but just accept that you won't be in the first 10 rows.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 17th, 2014, 10:46 pm

Students often want to go to the game and sit with 6+ people and students aren't going to pick up tickets on Monday, it just isn't happening. This could absolutely ruin the fan experience. I don't want to say will, because I'm trying to avoid absolutes but I see it harming student desires to go.
1. Not many students want to pick up tickets prior to the game. It's going to either create huge lines Friday afternoon in the TSC, and on Saturday before kickoff, because it creates an additional step.
2. People want to sit with 6+ friends often. Many dont decide to go or are unsure if they even can go until the day of. These people may decide not to go , because their friends row is already sold out.
3. This only benefits the kids that pretend to campout (really only a few people show up more than an hour before the game). Even in basketball back when we were good I'd get 2nd-3rd row seats behind the hoop showing up about an hour before. (Not for huge games). Now the sig eps can pretend they're big aggie fans and not need to show up until 15 mins before kickoff.
4. Seating has only been an issue for really big games. I don't think we have any big rivalry games in Logan. So other than the opener and Homecoming, it really doesn't accomplish anything. Just makes it a hassle.

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » August 17th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:Students often want to go to the game and sit with 6+ people and students aren't going to pick up tickets on Monday, it just isn't happening. This could absolutely ruin the fan experience. I don't want to say will, because I'm trying to avoid absolutes but I see it harming student desires to go.
1. Not many students want to pick up tickets prior to the game. It's going to either create huge lines Friday afternoon in the TSC, and on Saturday before kickoff, because it creates an additional step.
2. People want to sit with 6+ friends often. Many dont decide to go or are unsure if they even can go until the day of. These people may decide not to go , because their friends row is already sold out.
3. This only benefits the kids that pretend to campout (really only a few people show up more than an hour before the game). Even in basketball back when we were good I'd get 2nd-3rd row seats behind the hoop showing up about an hour before. (Not for huge games). Now the sig eps can pretend they're big aggie fans and not need to show up until 15 mins before kickoff.
4. Seating has only been an issue for really big games. I don't think we have any big rivalry games in Logan. So other than the opener and Homecoming, it really doesn't accomplish anything. Just makes it a hassle.

Go check the email about this I posted. It should solve a lot of the questions you just raised.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 17th, 2014, 10:52 pm

There will be a year of grumbling and eventually kids will figure it out they need to pick up tickets early or not get in. "I wanna be a bigger/better program, but want the same access when we sucked balls."

Hail Aggies!

Socrates2121

New seating chart??

Post by Socrates2121 » August 17th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Does anybody remember last year? The first game against Weber there was a HUGE line of people all the way leading up the street for students. For Weber. Then a large group of students came down the hill as part of the Aggie Stampede (a tradition I would love to see continue by the way) and they had to then get behind all these people in line. After that, the stampede attendance sucked because if you did it, you didn't get a "good" seat up close. (Whether you think close seats are good or not, most students like to sit close).

Now imagine this current system...

Everyone of those several hundred people in line could be down tailgating and partying it up. All of the stampede people would continue "stampeding" for future games too. All this because they knew that the seat (row) they were going to sit in would be there as long as they got inside before kickoff.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be known for a good tailgate environment than a good "line environment."

Also, what is so hard about getting a ticket before a game? You do it for every single other sporting event you attend. And after two years if this, most students won't know anything else so they won't care.

Bulls On Parade

tbadge

Post by tbadge » August 18th, 2014, 7:48 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:I got this with my season tickets. Any idea what the pink section is?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Last year the band section was shared with player tickets. Maybe the demand for player tickets has increased and thus the move.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 18th, 2014, 7:59 am

Perhaps we have a respectable sized band this year?

smileyface

Post by smileyface » August 18th, 2014, 8:01 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:Perhaps we have a respectable sized band this year?
Band camp's this week, you could go to the field behind the towers and find out (assuming you're in Logan)

Self-appointed Lord of Aggie Football Wikipedia. Please visit at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_State_Aggies_football and feel free to make accuracy changes.

TrueBigBlue

Post by TrueBigBlue » August 18th, 2014, 8:14 am

smileyface wrote:
Band camp's this week, you could go to the field behind the towers and find out (assuming you're in Logan)
I expect QAA-caliber updates

smileyface

Post by smileyface » August 18th, 2014, 10:13 am

TrueBigBlue wrote:
smileyface wrote:
I expect QAA-caliber updates
Unfortunately, I have to work. However, I think tromboneninja is still in it. (I could be wrong, and feel free to call me out on that)

Self-appointed Lord of Aggie Football Wikipedia. Please visit at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_State_Aggies_football and feel free to make accuracy changes.

Locked Previous topicNext topic