Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Imakeitrain
Posts: 5124
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by Imakeitrain » November 16th, 2014, 9:18 pm

aggiesdotcom wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:In the next year or so we will have Boise and BYU at home in November. That's 2 dependable November sell outs.
Unfortunately those games will be about 50/50 in fan allegiance. I'd almost prefer a half empty stadium than to have a Boise crowd as large and louder than us.
They bring a lot, they fill the upper east end, and the western away corner and a significant portion of GA. I'm not sure it's 50/50. Plus they aren't in our student section, except for a handful of USU students who root for BYU Many people are concerned with studnet attendance. Students will for sure show up against BYU & Boise. New Mexico is simply not that interesting to many students. Especially the casual fan who really doesn't care that much about football in general.


"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

LKGates
Posts: 3243
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 172 times
Contact:

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by LKGates » November 16th, 2014, 9:26 pm

I have the answer. #Romneydome.

Ceterum censeo, Boise State delenda est!


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

AggieVoice
Posts: 848
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by AggieVoice » November 17th, 2014, 9:21 am

I see posts like this and I get discouraged. Why not praise the fans that were there like me that were freezing their b@ll$ off. There were a good amount there, it wasn't close to full, but we are growing. Why try to stunt the growth with degrading posts like this? Be a fan in your own way, do what you can to help, and be positive for crying out loud. Let's celebrate the team with those that want to celebrate with us!



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 3821
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 17th, 2014, 10:02 am

Gee, I am sorry the attendance was lower than you expected in the 20 degree weather. What would you like me to do about it?

I am sick of complaining about attendance. You can't force people to come. People will make their own decisions. If they want to come, they will come. If they don't, they won't. There is really not much that you or I or anyone else on this board can do about it.


Formerly TulsAGGIE

User avatar
Tr0ll
Posts: 1317
Joined: January 25th, 2014, 12:49 am
Location: Under the Bridge
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by Tr0ll » November 17th, 2014, 10:09 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:Gee, I am sorry the attendance was lower than you expected in the 20 degree weather. What would you like me to do about it?

I am sick of complaining about attendance. You can't force people to come. People will make their own decisions. If they want to come, they will come. If they don't, they won't. There is really not much that you or I or anyone else on this board can do about it.
The fair weather fans who didn't attend Saturday are probably reading this thread and resolving to be at the SJSU game 'no matter what 'even as I type out this comment....



Full
Posts: 1696
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by Full » November 17th, 2014, 10:11 am

AggieVoice wrote:I see posts like this and I get discouraged. Why not praise the fans that were there like me that were freezing their b@ll$ off. There were a good amount there, it wasn't close to full, but we are growing. Why try to stunt the growth with degrading posts like this? Be a fan in your own way, do what you can to help, and be positive for crying out loud. Let's celebrate the team with those that want to celebrate with us!
The West side had a lot of people, and many of the people who left early are the ones who have not sat through a cold weather game in late November. My first time sitting through a game that cold was miserable starting about half time. It takes some of us a game to know what to expect. I think fans will be better prepared Friday, and be able to hold out a little longer.

In the past, pictures in the local paper of November games were close up on players, because there was no one in the stands. The stands continue to fill in. I expect next year's attendance numbers to be better than last year. Sometimes, improvement takes more time than many of us would like, but attendance is impoving.

I will take Aggie Voice a say good job to these guys. Way to come prepared and enjoy the game.
Image



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3283
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by ratofallaggies » November 17th, 2014, 10:16 am

Is that GameFAQs?



letsbehonest
Posts: 510
Joined: January 29th, 2013, 10:09 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by letsbehonest » November 17th, 2014, 10:17 am

So how many of you that want higher attendance will be there Friday night? Instead of talking about it get moving and make plans to be there. Call, text, skype, send a damn pigeon w/ a message to all your Aggie friends to bundle up and get to the game Friday night. This group of seniors deserves our support. I have my tickets and hotel reservation I will be there. Spread the word the best team in the state of Utah is playing for win #9 Friday Night in Logan.



glendayle
Posts: 2086
Joined: October 1st, 2011, 9:22 am
Location: Salt Lake City
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by glendayle » November 17th, 2014, 10:40 am

Well, I didn't fall in the camp of complaining about the attendance at this game, but I will most likely be there. I say most likely because my in-laws are coming to town and my wife is bitching about me going up, but in the end, I'll probably be there.



User avatar
jackmormon
Posts: 10564
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:53 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by jackmormon » November 17th, 2014, 10:58 am

ratofallaggies wrote:Is that GameFAQs?
Looks like it to me. . .



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1691
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 48 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by JSHarvey » November 17th, 2014, 11:21 am

I am an example of the type of fan many of the complaints in this thread are aimed at. I make one game a year (home coming). My Saturdays are booked. I get up at 5:00 am and go to bed at 11:30 pm almost every day/night (almost always six days a week). That's the schedule with the two jobs I'm working to help put two current Aggies (son and daughter ) through school (which helps pay their fees which partially support this program).

While the cold would be bothersome anyone who went to school in Logan could deal with it for four hours. Rather it is the opportunity cost that stops me from attend more games. To go to a game in Logan involves at least 9 hours of time given up (at a minimum - homecoming usually wipes out a good chunk of two days). Given the demands on my budget and the demands of jobs around the homestead which must be done - I can only swing it once a year.

Would I love to go to every game? Absolutely! And as soon as the Publisher Clearing House Give-a-Way calls with the big check I'll buy season tickets. Until then reality intrudes.

:utah: :state: :scotsman:


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5554
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 168 times
Contact:

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by TheAKAggie » November 17th, 2014, 12:45 pm

Sure is


Hail Aggies!

Coloraggie
Posts: 1490
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:09 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by Coloraggie » November 17th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Would love to be there but the 550 mile drive in bad conditions is a prohibiting factor when I have a family. I will be in town for Thanksgiving but unfortunately the Aggies won't. I would go to a game that weekend under any weather circumstances.



User avatar
paaron46
Posts: 1125
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 11:52 am
Location: Section 5, Row 7
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by paaron46 » November 17th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Perhaps in a new age of technology the folks that can't make it to the games will be able to have their hologram projected in their seat in the stadium. While watching through a virtual reality simulator at home that simulates the entire game experience.


Twitter: @AaronPeck

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7186
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1700 times
Been liked: 873 times
Contact:

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by aggies22 » November 17th, 2014, 4:48 pm

After sitting through 30+ years of games in November, in weather very comparable to Saturday afternoon, with the only difference being that we were getting the s*** beat out of us and I still stayed until the clock ran out in the 4th quarter, I would say that myself and likely many others on this board absolutely deserve this team.



cache-aggie
Posts: 38
Joined: January 31st, 2011, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by cache-aggie » November 17th, 2014, 5:12 pm

It really is largely a question of geography and metro market size. I would guess that more than half of Aggie alum, are like me, living more than 60 miles from Logan. While the Logan area has grown up, it is not nearly the size of the Wasatch front area where alumni from the U and Y can easily attend a game without committing a full day to the event. I still try to make it up there on occasion to support the program. But life is busy and budgets are tight to make it up on a consistent basis.
We depend on those students and alum living in the beautiful (but cold) Cache Valley to support the program by attending the games, while we outside of Cache Valley do what we can financially (buying gear, going to bowls and tournaments, watching on TV, and sending kids up there) to support it.
Go Aggies!



NVAggie
Posts: 15520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 473 times
Been liked: 370 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by NVAggie » November 17th, 2014, 8:00 pm

I think I deserve this team. I spent three decades watching terrible football I spent money I didn't have as a non-traditional student buying tickets for my family to go with me. I have frozen my tail off on multiple occasions. Going to a game now is an overnighter at the very least. I definitely deserve this team and I will enjoy it as much as I can.



LKGates
Posts: 3243
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 172 times
Contact:

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by LKGates » November 17th, 2014, 9:37 pm

I think you all deserve me.

Ceterum censeo, Boise State delenda est!


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

User avatar
Detroit-Aggie
Posts: 773
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 5:31 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by Detroit-Aggie » November 17th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Here's another way of looking at it:

BYU is in Utah County, population 516k. They had 53k people at the UNLV game, or roughly 10% of their market.
USU is in Cache County, population 113k. They had 19k people at the UNM game, or roughly 17% of their market.

Quit complaining about fan support. This is more due to the university being in Logan than any other factor.



Chupamedia
Posts: 1195
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by Chupamedia » November 17th, 2014, 10:24 pm

I think if we could get one more person to start a thread bitching about the attendance and how bad the fan support is - it would be the last bit of motivation needed to fill the stands. Keep up the good work AK!! You're doing your part!



bluegrouse
Posts: 2809
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 242 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by bluegrouse » November 18th, 2014, 6:01 am

An interesting read on student attendance nation-wide...

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/insi ... ed_to.html

And this one...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... on-of-fans



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 368 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 18th, 2014, 8:05 am

bluegrouse wrote:An interesting read on student attendance nation-wide...

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/insi ... ed_to.html

And this one...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... on-of-fans
Interesting and saddening trends. :disappointed:

Unfortunately I think the AD would be wise to install an improved WiFi when they redo the sound system and video boards. I think a lot of students struggle with not being able to feed their internet fix for 3-4 hours. As much as I hate the idea of seeing 4,000 cell phones come out every time there's a break in game play, at least the students would be there.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1691
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 48 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by JSHarvey » November 18th, 2014, 8:17 am

Geo-Aggie wrote:Here's another way of looking at it:

BYU is in Utah County, population 516k. They had 53k people at the UNLV game, or roughly 10% of their market.
USU is in Cache County, population 113k. They had 19k people at the UNM game, or roughly 17% of their market.

Quit complaining about fan support. This is more due to the university being in Logan than any other factor.
Exactly!


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

User avatar
WAaggieFan
Posts: 3113
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:02 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by WAaggieFan » November 18th, 2014, 8:19 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:An interesting read on student attendance nation-wide...

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/insi ... ed_to.html

And this one...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... on-of-fans
Interesting and saddening trends. :disappointed:

Unfortunately I think the AD would be wise to install an improved WiFi when they redo the sound system and video boards. I think a lot of students struggle with not being able to feed their internet fix for 3-4 hours. As much as I hate the idea of seeing 4,000 cell phones come out every time there's a break in game play, at least the students would be there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416324110.909371.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416323957.326312.jpg



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 368 times

Re: Our fans and Logan dont deserve this team

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 18th, 2014, 8:22 am

WAaggieFan wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:An interesting read on student attendance nation-wide...

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/insi ... ed_to.html

And this one...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... on-of-fans
Interesting and saddening trends. :disappointed:

Unfortunately I think the AD would be wise to install an improved WiFi when they redo the sound system and video boards. I think a lot of students struggle with not being able to feed their internet fix for 3-4 hours. As much as I hate the idea of seeing 4,000 cell phones come out every time there's a break in game play, at least the students would be there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416323957.326312.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416324110.909371.jpg
:lol: :golfclap:



Locked Previous topicNext topic