Marshawn Lynch

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
azaggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Marshawn Lynch

Post by azaggie » March 7th, 2015, 6:13 am

New contract with Seattle. Getting paid 12 mill next year. If I was the Seattle GM, I would have let him walk. I'm not just saying that as a Robert Turbin fan, I'm saying give Turbin or Michael a chance and possibly draft a stud in the 2nd round. Put that 12 M to shore up any needs other needs. Pay someone for what they'll do in the future, not what they did for you already. Lynch has a lot of wear and tear- he's going to start breaking down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouEssYou

Re: Marshawn Lynch

Post by YouEssYou » March 7th, 2015, 7:23 am

I don't know, what if you were in the Super Bowl on the 1 yard line with just seconds to play. Wouldn't you want someone like Lynch to hand the ball to? : )

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » March 7th, 2015, 8:18 am

It's a one year deal. He is probably the best back in the NFL. Give him his money and make another run to the SB.

smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » March 7th, 2015, 9:02 am

FROM TWITTER

In all, Marshawn Lynch is under contract thru 2017. If he plays all three years (big if), he'll make $12M this year, $9M in '16, $10M in '17

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 7th, 2015, 9:07 am

azaggie wrote:New contract with Seattle. Getting paid 12 mill next year. If I was the Seattle GM, I would have let him walk. I'm not just saying that as a Robert Turbin fan, I'm saying give Turbin or Michael a chance and possibly draft a stud in the 2nd round. Put that 12 M to shore up any needs other needs. Pay someone for what they'll do in the future, not what they did for you already. Lynch has a lot of wear and tear- he's going to start breaking down.

If I'm lynch I walk. Seattle showed what they think of him in the Super Bowl.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » March 7th, 2015, 10:52 am

He'll cash in this year and probably retire. Nobody thinks his body will hold up much longer, and RBs lose it over night. That said, he's the heart of the offense, so everyone here wants him for one more year, and to pay him well for services rendered. I know the rest of the country thinks Marshawn is the world's biggest jerk, but we're pretty fond of him.

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » March 7th, 2015, 11:32 am

Marshawn is the best back in the league, and their franchise player. I would love to see Robert get some more time, but if I'm Seattle I'm just grateful that he would consider sticking around, and I give him what he asks for.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Marshawn Lynch

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » March 7th, 2015, 12:15 pm

I don't believe in paying to keep running backs. You can draft a guy in the 2nd round, pay him 500k, and get nearly the same production. I'd spend the money elsewhere.
Last edited by BleedAggieBlue0 on March 7th, 2015, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Marshawn Lynch

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » March 7th, 2015, 12:15 pm

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 7th, 2015, 12:38 pm

Marshawn is one of the few that is worth it. He sells lots of tickets and merchandise.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 7th, 2015, 3:18 pm

Marshawn was just signing so he doesn't get fined.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » March 7th, 2015, 6:32 pm

NVAggie wrote:Marshawn is one of the few that is worth it. He sells lots of tickets and merchandise.
I agree with that I guess!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » March 7th, 2015, 8:08 pm

dyedblue wrote:
azaggie wrote:New contract with Seattle. Getting paid 12 mill next year. If I was the Seattle GM, I would have let him walk. I'm not just saying that as a Robert Turbin fan, I'm saying give Turbin or Michael a chance and possibly draft a stud in the 2nd round. Put that 12 M to shore up any needs other needs. Pay someone for what they'll do in the future, not what they did for you already. Lynch has a lot of wear and tear- he's going to start breaking down.

When walking costs you 12mil, it's not worth it. Speaking of not worth it, Lynch isn't worth 12mil/yr, no RB is.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » March 7th, 2015, 9:41 pm

brownjeans wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

When walking costs you 12mil, it's not worth it. Speaking of not worth it, Lynch isn't worth 12mil/yr, no RB is.
Exactly. 12 million goes a long ways. To use it all on one guy that can be somewhat replace in free agency or the draft is just stupid.
For me, the only argument in Lynch's favor is the fan support.

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » March 7th, 2015, 11:09 pm

I'm a big Turbin fan, but in all respect he is not Lynch. He does things no one else can in the league right now. He changes his step between a six" step and a stretch step mid play. He knows where the blitz is coming from, knows when to high step, when to hesitate. I think he's truly special. He also can take about 4 lineman 4 yards after they hit him. All of that would be pretty valuable, but he extends his value as a teammate and a crowd favorite. He needs to build his brand more if he wants to retire and this one-year option may give him that. It also gives Seattle a chance to develop their offense a bit more and become more less reliant on the run.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » March 7th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Chupamedia wrote:I'm a big Turbin fan, but in all respect he is not Lynch. He does things no one else can in the league right now. He changes his step between a six" step and a stretch step mid play. He knows where the blitz is coming from, knows when to high step, when to hesitate. I think he's truly special. He also can take about 4 lineman 4 yards after they hit him. All of that would be pretty valuable, but he extends his value as a teammate and a crowd favorite. He needs to build his brand more if he wants to retire and this one-year option may give him that. It also gives Seattle a chance to develop their offense a bit more and become more less reliant on the run.
I'm not saying Turbin should be the starter. I'd bring someone new in.

Aggiesun

Post by Aggiesun » March 8th, 2015, 12:07 am

I think it's a high price, but goes a long way to showing the team that the team pays for performance. In the end, it's all a business but I know there was some discontent in the team after the final play call in SB. Nothing says you're valued like a big pay increase.

Aggiesun

Post by Aggiesun » March 8th, 2015, 12:10 am

I think it's essentially just a 1 year deal that they're prorating out across 2016. It will be interesting to see what happens with Turbin. I don't see C Mike being the future either and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Seattle spend another higher round draft pick at RB.

paaron46

Post by paaron46 » March 9th, 2015, 8:59 am

Exactly what people said last year.

Also, I'm glad my employer pays me for what I've already done for them AND what they think I'll do for them in the future.

Twitter: @AaronPeck

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 9th, 2015, 3:09 pm

Turbs needs to get out of Seattle so that I can root for him and he can get a little more playing time!

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » March 11th, 2015, 5:35 pm

Alexb wrote:It's a one year deal. He is probably the best back in the NFL. Give him his money and make another run to the SB.
Adrian Peterson will try to do something about that.

Locked Previous topicNext topic