Coaching Grades?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
1888Aggie
Has thanked: 0

Coaching Grades?

Post by 1888Aggie » September 6th, 2015, 1:35 pm

My apologies as I have nothing to contribute here as I could not attend the game, but I was looking to see what some of you thought about the coaching vs SUU. This was our first look at some new members on the staff and from what I have read on the board and what I see on the stat sheet there is much left for wanting. I expected adjustments at halftime, were there any? Thanks in advance.

Elkaggie

Re: Coaching Grades?

Post by Elkaggie » September 6th, 2015, 1:39 pm

No. None.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 6th, 2015, 1:43 pm

Incomplete grade. We will see if they turn in their homework and study for next weeks test.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 6th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Defense played well and played even better in the second half.
The offense played poorly and played even more poorly in the second half. If there were any offensive adjustments, they made things worse, not better.
Special teams improved as the game went on.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 6th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Offense : F-
Defense: A
Special Teams: I

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Dr. Simon, PhD
Troll
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr. Simon, PhD » September 7th, 2015, 2:24 am

Based purely on coaching (not on player performance):
Offense: F
Special teams: F
Defense: B

You guys would have called Albert Einstein a troll too, I bet.

The doctor's prognosis: Utah State football isn't looking so hot right now. If some serious adjustments aren't made offensively, the aggies could be in for a long year.

Murkymerk

Post by Murkymerk » September 7th, 2015, 3:43 am

What about the special teams coaching was F grade worthy? I didn't see the game, but players made some good plays, which is often done only when coaches teach them up well and make calls to put them in the right positions. I know punting left a lot to be desired, but all of our points were scored on special teams, so it's hard to see why you would give them an F. Really I'm just curious if I missed something that could be seen at the game.

glendayle

Post by glendayle » September 7th, 2015, 8:19 am

Dr. Simon, PhD wrote:Based purely on coaching (not on player performance):
LOL Dr Troll

Not sure how you give special teams an F when they scored 12 all points.

Tr0ll

Post by Tr0ll » September 7th, 2015, 9:10 am

A troll doctorate? I feel like I'm missing some really important letters from my fan board moniker. Does a fan board count for earning an online degree? :-)

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » September 7th, 2015, 10:02 am

Tr0ll wrote:A troll doctorate? I feel like I'm missing some really important letters from my fan board moniker. Does a fan board count for earning an online degree? :-)
I frequent an online forum for trombone players that lists its members as something from the range of pianissimo to fortissimo depending on how many posts they have. The mods could implement a system like that here and you can become a doctor after getting to a certain number of posts.... Is that close enough?

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

Tr0ll

Post by Tr0ll » September 7th, 2015, 1:36 pm

trombone_ninja wrote:
Tr0ll wrote:A troll doctorate? I feel like I'm missing some really important letters from my fan board moniker. Does a fan board count for earning an online degree? :-)
I frequent an online forum for trombone players that lists its members as something from the range of pianissimo to fortissimo depending on how many posts they have. The mods could implement a system like that here and you can become a doctor after getting to a certain number of posts.... Is that close enough?
:lol: :notworthy:

Dr. Simon, PhD
Troll

Post by Dr. Simon, PhD » September 7th, 2015, 3:41 pm

glendayle wrote:
LOL Dr Troll

Here's how special teams gets an F. Because it's based on coaching. First of all, our punting was absolutely horrendous. Then, on our coaching on punt teams was absolutely horrible. We never gave any pressure whatsoever. Why is it that teams never pressure the punter anymore? It's frustrating. The punter had so much time that he would hold the ball for a few seconds, then punt it. And his punts were long. Far superior than our punter. The only time we made an adjustment on punting was when we ran it back for a touchdown. The punter didn't have time to wait, and he had to rush it, meaning we finally had time to make a move because their whole team hadn't already gotten downfield already. If we would have done that long ago, it would have been much better for us.

The blocked PAT and kick return were on the players. Not the coach.

The doctor's prognosis: Utah State football isn't looking so hot right now. If some serious adjustments aren't made offensively, the aggies could be in for a long year.

Murkymerk

Post by Murkymerk » September 7th, 2015, 9:24 pm

The one adjustment you said they made was to put pressure on the punter, and it resulted in our only touchdown. Your analysis was pretty decent, but your grading deserves an F.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » September 7th, 2015, 9:25 pm

Dr. Simon, PhD wrote:
glendayle wrote:
LOL Dr Troll

Here's how special teams gets an F. Because it's based on coaching. First of all, our punting was absolutely horrendous. Then, on our coaching on punt teams was absolutely horrible. We never gave any pressure whatsoever. Why is it that teams never pressure the punter anymore? It's frustrating. The punter had so much time that he would hold the ball for a few seconds, then punt it. And his punts were long. Far superior than our punter. The only time we made an adjustment on punting was when we ran it back for a touchdown. The punter didn't have time to wait, and he had to rush it, meaning we finally had time to make a move because their whole team hadn't already gotten downfield already. If we would have done that long ago, it would have been much better for us.

The blocked PAT and kick return were on the players. Not the coach.
So...I'm guessing your PhD wasn't in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

glendayle

Post by glendayle » September 7th, 2015, 9:39 pm

An F would indicate everything was a fail. Even if you argue that punting was a fail, there are several different special teams(that little s at the end of "team" indicates that there is more than one Dr.) Defending field goals/extra points is a different special team, receiving punts is a different special team, etc. Fine, give the punting team(coaches) an F, but what would you say about kickoff or punt return teams? Also an F? You are laughable. I shouldn't expect less from a Dr. though.

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » September 7th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Simon, a little advise: lose the alphabet soup title. Your "Phd" carries no weight around here---unless it is in football---which it obviously is not. ;) :joking:

Dr. Simon, PhD
Troll

Post by Dr. Simon, PhD » September 8th, 2015, 12:01 am

Smokin Joe wrote:Simon, a little advise: lose the alphabet soup title. Your "Phd" carries no weight around here---unless it is in football---which it obviously is not. ;) :joking:
Are you stupid? There is no such thing as a PhD in football.

Dr. Simon, PhD
Troll

Post by Dr. Simon, PhD » September 8th, 2015, 12:01 am

Smokin Joe wrote:Simon, a little advise: lose the alphabet soup title. Your "Phd" carries no weight around here---unless it is in football---which it obviously is not. ;) :joking:
I'm not changing anything.

Locked Previous topicNext topic