Bad Weather Tickets

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AmericanAggie
Has thanked: 0

Bad Weather Tickets

Post by AmericanAggie » September 30th, 2015, 12:22 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ercentages

This is an interesting idea. Sure we're not facing a hurricane, but it's pretty predictable every year to have one or two games with horrible weather and therefore horrible attendance. The idea here is when the game weather looks pretty iffy and attendance will suffer, discount tickets based on the probability of the weather event occurring. Could even work for basketball. I dunno. Just thinking out loud.

troutputz
RIP

Re: Bad Weather Tickets

Post by troutputz » September 30th, 2015, 1:20 pm

You need to know that even though Duke has put a pretty good football team on the field the last several years, they still don't get very many to the games. I have watched a couple of their games on ESPN when I've been clicking thru to see which games are on.
The two that I have viewed briefly had just half full at their stadium. Maybe not even half full? I guess it is hard for people to change to football in Basketball Country, especially when your school wins National championships. At least USU has had decent crowds since we resurrected football at Utah State.

Bybs25

Post by Bybs25 » September 30th, 2015, 2:20 pm

So interesting thing about attendance. For one off my economics classed we had to come up with a study. So I picked what had the biggest factor on attendance, was it our record, our opponent, or the weather. I went back thirty years, now keep in mind this study was done in April of 2010, and surprisingly the biggest factor was the opponent, followed closer by the weather. Also in state rivalries almost always held true with high attendance despite all other factors. I think this year has the best home schedule to combat the weather factor.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » September 30th, 2015, 2:28 pm

If the member institution is gambling on attendance then the NCAA can look the other way! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » September 30th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Anytime you get stuck with a backloaded schedule like this year, chances are good the weather will wreak havoc.

Since joining the MWC, it has happened every year, if we get stuck with 1 September game and an early bye again, I will probably relinquish my season tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Locked Previous topicNext topic