Napoleon sure was a hot head.

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BeNo

Napoleon sure was a hot head.

Post by BeNo » November 21st, 2015, 9:03 pm

And the team sure was a yippy bunch. Fun to watch the chaos on the bench between 94 and his teammates when we score the third touchdown. They didn't talk back to us after that.

hickaggie

Re: Napoleon sure was a hot head.

Post by hickaggie » November 21st, 2015, 10:11 pm

It starts with the coach. The guy came unglued with the refs it seemed even when a call went his way. He was constantly on the field going off with one of his players and the refs. I don't think even SJSU's coach was that bad although he is more comical.

TrueBigBlue

Post by TrueBigBlue » November 21st, 2015, 10:15 pm

#34 was particularly mouthy at the start of the game. Had a great laugh at him by the end of the game, especially since he only played special teams

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 21st, 2015, 10:18 pm

hickaggie wrote:It starts with the coach. The guy came unglued with the refs it seemed even when a call went his way. He was constantly on the field going off with one of his players and the refs. I don't think even SJSU's coach was that bad although he is more comical.
He gives Howdy Dooda a run for his money. At least SJSU's coach stayed pretty comprised until the end.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 21st, 2015, 10:53 pm

I loved me some Rykeem Yates. Dude was cracking me up with his dancing between plays.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » November 21st, 2015, 10:54 pm

I'll be surprised if Na-"Polian" makes it much longer there. This is his typical behavior every game. He rants up and down the sidelines to the refs, his coaches, his players, the water girl, basically anyone that crosses his path. He is a walking temper tantrum that cries about every little thing. I think even Nevada fans have grown tired of his antics.

corio

Post by corio » November 22nd, 2015, 12:28 am

His mad dash down the sidelines to call a time out was pretty impressive. My dad commented that he might be a good fit for NMSUBB with that kind of speed over 40 yards.

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » November 22nd, 2015, 7:01 am

I don't know what he was whining about. It seemed there were a lot more flags called for him then not. I saw 2 back to back pi's that should have been called. Then there was the targeting that was called then wasn't. Then there was the extra timeout they got when they asked for a measurement before the big 4th down. They measured and suddenly it turned into a long timeout, but neither team was charged one. So through my biased glasses I don't think he has a whole lot to cry about.

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » November 22nd, 2015, 8:12 am

One day, a coach is going to be sprinting down the sidelines to call a time out and eat turf.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 22nd, 2015, 8:14 am

Appeared to me the officiating crew was behind the curve and making questionable calls against and for both teams all through the game. Conduct like that leads to coaches berating the officials as the calls continue to become arguable.

The construction progress on the west side was even more impressive in person. I noticed an unintended consequence will be a large shadow on the field courtesy of the finished structure,,,,, this coming much sooner than the prior shadow of the former Press Box. The structure will be very impressive and I suspect the trapped sound from the fans will significantly increase making the place a bit tougher for visiting teams.

andytheaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by andytheaggie » November 22nd, 2015, 9:15 am

YouEssYou wrote:I don't know what he was whining about. It seemed there were a lot more flags called for him then not. I saw 2 back to back pi's that should have been called. Then there was the targeting that was called then wasn't. Then there was the extra timeout they got when they asked for a measurement before the big 4th down. They measured and suddenly it turned into a long timeout, but neither team was charged one. So through my biased glasses I don't think he has a whole lot to cry about.
I was confused on the reverse of the personal foul/targeting. I thought the review was just to determine if the play was actually targeting, causing the player to be ejected. I didn't think they could overturn a penalty (or call a penalty when a flag hadn't been thrown on the play) after a review.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Machismo

Post by Machismo » November 22nd, 2015, 9:24 am

andytheaggie wrote:
YouEssYou wrote:I don't know what he was whining about. It seemed there were a lot more flags called for him then not. I saw 2 back to back pi's that should have been called. Then there was the targeting that was called then wasn't. Then there was the extra timeout they got when they asked for a measurement before the big 4th down. They measured and suddenly it turned into a long timeout, but neither team was charged one. So through my biased glasses I don't think he has a whole lot to cry about.
I was confused on the reverse of the personal foul/targeting. I thought the review was just to determine if the play was actually targeting, causing the player to be ejected. I didn't think they could overturn a penalty (or call a penalty when a flag hadn't been thrown on the play) after a review.

I was thinking the same thing. In every other Game I've watched when the at has been thrown for "Targeting" it's automatic 15 yards. Like you said the reveiw is just to determin if the player should be ejected or not.

"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » November 22nd, 2015, 9:44 am

I thought it was a great play by the Nevada player. Didn't see anything other than the live hit though.

andytheaggie

Post by andytheaggie » November 22nd, 2015, 10:01 am

NVAggie wrote:I thought it was a great play by the Nevada player. Didn't see anything other than the live hit though.
I was there live and haven't seen it again. I don't doubt that it was a great play by Nevada. However, I was under the impression that you can't review whether a penalty happened or not.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 22nd, 2015, 10:12 am

andytheaggie wrote:
NVAggie wrote:I thought it was a great play by the Nevada player. Didn't see anything other than the live hit though.
I was there live and haven't seen it again. I don't doubt that it was a great play by Nevada. However, I was under the impression that you can't review whether a penalty happened or not.

You can review targeting. They first changed the rule to where 15 yards is in the books when called but the ejection can be overturned which is the way I thought the rule was best. Then they again changed the rule to where the 15 yards can be overturned.

andytheaggie

Post by andytheaggie » November 22nd, 2015, 10:18 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
andytheaggie wrote:

You can review targeting. They first changed the rule to where 15 yards is in the books when called but the ejection can be overturned which is the way I thought the rule was best. Then they again changed the rule to where the 15 yards can be overturned.
Gotcha, I wasn't aware that they changed it again. Was it this year they made the change?

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 22nd, 2015, 10:30 am

The other thing you had to love is his cheap way of getting a free timeout, by asking for a measurement so he could get a timeout without getting charged with one.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 22nd, 2015, 10:42 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:The other thing you had to love is his cheap way of getting a free timeout, by asking for a measurement so he could get a timeout without getting charged with one.
We do it too...all coaches ask for a measurement on 3rd or 4th and short; it's a free TO and an extra minute to decide what play to call.

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » November 23rd, 2015, 3:52 am

andytheaggie wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
andytheaggie wrote:

Gotcha, I wasn't aware that they changed it again. Was it this year they made the change?

Yes, I saw it earlier this year and looked it up.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic