Official: Heupel to Missouri

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » December 8th, 2015, 11:32 am

As per 1280.

truetrueag
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Official: Heupel to Missouri

Post by truetrueag » December 8th, 2015, 11:33 am

Interesting...

AggieDude

Post by AggieDude » December 8th, 2015, 11:38 am

I wonder who we've got as potential candidates from outside of the program. I'm not convinced the answer comes from within the ranks.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 8th, 2015, 11:41 am

Maybe someone from the American Conference. USUBlue always talked on the radio about those offenses being better than ours.

AggieVoice

Post by AggieVoice » December 8th, 2015, 11:49 am

Why not Bouknight?

jeepnfonz

Post by jeepnfonz » December 8th, 2015, 11:52 am

AggieVoice wrote:Why not Bouknight?
I agree with this. But again. I'm not the coach. Matt Wells will do great and he will make sure we get the right person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSauerkrautKid

Post by TheSauerkrautKid » December 8th, 2015, 11:54 am

If Wells got his nod after a year Bouknight has more than paid his dues. I am all on the Javon train.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » December 8th, 2015, 12:04 pm

This is going to sound a lot more negative than I mean it to. But....

This coaching staff needs some adult supervision. I really think that we need to bring in an offensive mind with a long résumé who can help mentor Wells.

I really like Javon, but I hope they do not promote him, otherwise I'm afraid our offense next year will make us miss this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

Reckoner

Post by Reckoner » December 8th, 2015, 12:13 pm

Empire of Dirt wrote:This is going to sound a lot more negative than I mean it to. But....

This coaching staff needs some adult supervision. I really think that we need to bring in an offensive mind with a long résumé who can help mentor Wells.

I really like Javon, but I hope they do not promote him, otherwise I'm afraid our offense next year will make us miss this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Norm Chow it is!

jeepnfonz

Post by jeepnfonz » December 8th, 2015, 12:15 pm

No on chow

jeepnfonz

Post by jeepnfonz » December 8th, 2015, 12:16 pm

We need a young gun willing to have fun and be exciting

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » December 8th, 2015, 12:17 pm

jeepnfonz wrote:
I agree with this. But again. I'm not the coach. Matt Wells will do great and he will make sure we get the right person.

Why do you believe Wells will get the "right person"? So far Wells' offenses have been getting worse every year -- his offensive track record is poor. What we really need is a new offensive line coach.
Last edited by USUBlue on December 8th, 2015, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 8th, 2015, 12:38 pm

I think if Javon gets the role then Matt will micro manage the offense even more than the past 3 years. It has to be someone with enough clout to allow Matt to trust him and leave him alone.

sammyhagar

Post by sammyhagar » December 8th, 2015, 12:43 pm

as long as we run that play with the wide-outs going either to the far left or far right, you know the one where the QB has to throw the ball 30 yards east or west, hope that it is not intercepted, that is is not a lateral and dropped, and that two blocks are made perfectly, and if so, it goes for a one yard gain or a one yard loss ? our new guy has to learn this play.
.. what would a game be like if we didn't see that play ten times too many....
Let's not run things that work, lets keep running the ones that don't work until they do, that's what makes for some good football.

AggieBlues

Post by AggieBlues » December 8th, 2015, 12:48 pm

Wells, I can't Heupel but feel Josh wasn't fully invested in our program. I don't know Weber or not a new o-line coach will Mark a new day for the offense, but maybe we'll Luke out with a new OC. Perhaps it won't Matt'r. Wells, I'm out, Bouknight.

The amount of energy necessary to refute bull pucky is an order of magnitude greater than to produce it.

AKAggie03

Post by AKAggie03 » December 8th, 2015, 12:49 pm

How does someone who ran our offense so pathetically get promoted to a P5 conference?

--For every Aggie victory, I'm going streaking on the quad!

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » December 8th, 2015, 12:53 pm

AKAggie03 wrote:How does someone who ran our offense so pathetically get promoted to a P5 conference?
He didn't run the offense. You'd have to be legally blind to see that our offense hasn't changed at all even through 3 offensive coordinators. The one constant is Wells. He's very obviously the one calling the shots offensively.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 8th, 2015, 1:02 pm

AggieBlues wrote:Wells, I can't Heupel but feel Josh wasn't fully invested in our program. I don't know Weber or not a new o-line coach will Mark a new day for the offense, but maybe we'll Luke out with a new OC. Perhaps it won't Matt'r. Wells, I'm out, Bouknight.
:golfclap: Maybe the new coach should adopt your punning game philosophy.

azaggie

Post by azaggie » December 8th, 2015, 1:11 pm

jeepnfonz wrote:No on chow

Chow as an OC? I'd be all in.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 8th, 2015, 1:14 pm

AggieBlues wrote:Wells, I can't Heupel but feel Josh wasn't fully invested in our program. I don't know Weber or not a new o-line coach will Mark a new day for the offense, but maybe we'll Luke out with a new OC. Perhaps it won't Matt'r. Wells, I'm out, Bouknight.
pfft... doubt it, so far they have shown they don't have a Clune.

AggieBlues

Post by AggieBlues » December 8th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Aglicious wrote:
pfft... doubt it, so far they have shown they don't have a Clune.
Don't get so defensive. This was a game all about the offense. Now your making me Ungerer. You won't like it when I'm Ungerer.

The amount of energy necessary to refute bull pucky is an order of magnitude greater than to produce it.

VegasAggie71

Post by VegasAggie71 » December 8th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Might not be official just yet:

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » December 8th, 2015, 1:58 pm

It's a done deal

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » December 8th, 2015, 2:28 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bring back the attack pun? :shock:

ususports

Post by ususports » December 8th, 2015, 2:34 pm

sammyhagar wrote:as long as we run that play with the wide-outs going either to the far left or far right, you know the one where the QB has to throw the ball 30 yards east or west, hope that it is not intercepted, that is is not a lateral and dropped, and that two blocks are made perfectly, and if so, it goes for a one yard gain or a one yard loss ? our new guy has to learn this play.
.. what would a game be like if we didn't see that play ten times too many....
Let's not run things that work, lets keep running the ones that don't work until they do, that's what makes for some good football.
+1

That is a funny post, but unfortunately too true.

mehascrayon

Post by mehascrayon » December 8th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Very glad to see Heupel gone. Plain and simple.

"What position did Stew play at Gonzaga?"
"Master of the Universe."

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » December 8th, 2015, 3:20 pm

azaggie wrote:

My guess is that he would be out of our price range, but if he were interested, I think we should be all over that. He was widely considered to be the best OC in football for a very long time. I have heard rumors that he is simply getting old and tired and isn't as committed to football as he used to be. Supposedly at Utah he was going home at 5pm rather than staying until late watching tape. But we could still do far worse. I wonder if he would consider it because of his ties to the state and also might hope that we would give him another chance as a HC if/when Wells leaves. I'd be nervous about that given his record at Hawaii, but it's unclear if he failed because he is not HC material or if Hawaii was simply an impossible situation. But I would love to have him as an OC.

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » December 8th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Who cares who the next OC is? We all know what the offense will look like as long as Wells is still here.

Matt will spend all of 5 minutes this offseason finding himself a new puppet.

Damn! Maybe I will throw my name in the hat... I'll gladly take $90,000 to sit on my (I can't express myself without swearing) and let Wells be Wells!

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » December 8th, 2015, 3:31 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
azaggie wrote:

My guess is that he would be out of our price range, but if he were interested, I think we should be all over that. He was widely considered to be the best OC in football for a very long time. I have heard rumors that he is simply getting old and tired and isn't as committed to football as he used to be. Supposedly at Utah he was going home at 5pm rather than staying until late watching tape. But we could still do far worse. I wonder if he would consider it because of his ties to the state and also might hope that we would give him another chance as a HC if/when Wells leaves. I'd be nervous about that given his record at Hawaii, but it's unclear if he failed because he is not HC material or if Hawaii was simply an impossible situation. But I would love to have him as an OC.
I wouldn't mind having him as OC either, but I'm wondering why he hasn't been mentioned as a replacement for Roscoe at all... It makes me wonder if what you are saying is true, maybe he wants to hang it up.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » December 8th, 2015, 3:43 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
azaggie wrote:

I wouldn't mind having him as OC either, but I'm wondering why he hasn't been mentioned as a replacement for Roscoe at all... It makes me wonder if what you are saying is true, maybe he wants to hang it up.
I'm guessing he's simply not very high on their list, if he's on the list at all. I doubt he's in high demand after his record at Hawaii. And I've heard he burned some bridges at BYU after he left when he told the Denver Post the story about when Fred Skousen used a word that rhymes with "dinks" to refer to Chinese laborers at a meeting when Chow was in the room.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 8th, 2015, 5:30 pm

No on Sanford. Go back and look at the scores in a lot of Sanford games and how many times he ran the ball instead of passed and how many times we punted because we were trying to protect a lead and run clock and couldn't. That guy had a powerful car and would just idle it around town. It was insane. I want a guy who is crazy aggressive, not crazy conservative. Find me a someone more like Chris Petersen, less like Bob Bratkowski.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 8th, 2015, 5:38 pm

ag4fr wrote:What about bringing back Sanford?

He's still not exactly tearing it up as a HC, but I really thought his approach as an OC was excellent.

Wells is pretty connected and will find someone good. Is Bouknight ready? Is this what he wants at this stage of his career?
Sanford would be my first choice as well. I've said it many times, I think had considerable influence on the offense when he was here during the 2012 season.

I'm against Bouknight for the same reasons that have been stated above - I am going to puke if I have to see the same offense from the past 3 years, and I think Wells would have the reigns firmly in his hand with Bouknight as OC.

In all reality, I don't know that it matters too much who we bring in as OC. I honestly thought that Huepel called some pretty good games. We have some serious problems on offense, starting with the O-line coaching. Wells will never, ever, get rid of Weber. Just try to ask him about the O-line struggles and be prepared for a dismissive, disbelieving, and irritated response. USUBlue's comment in the other Huepel thread regarding the O-line is spot on. We are terrible on most offensive stats, but are near the bottom on 3rd down conversions - and absolutely pitiful on 3rd and short. This is because our O-line does not get a push on the D-line. I don't care that Weber was fired by byu, I care that he was fired. From multiple jobs. Ugh, now I'm depressed thinking about our offense.

austingalb

Post by austingalb » December 8th, 2015, 6:25 pm

"Reliable source says josh Heupel to Missouri is NOT accurate. Mizzou will considering candidates for the position." Via Dave Matter @Dave_Matter

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » December 8th, 2015, 7:22 pm

It's not 1984, no Chow. He was no good at Utah, a few more gray hairs and a little more out of touch is all that has transpired since then.

Hail Aggies!

Blue Away

Post by Blue Away » December 8th, 2015, 7:24 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
You mean the Third Down Attack Pun(t)? :)

Locked Previous topicNext topic