Weber Leaving

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Roy McAvoy

Re: Weber Leaving

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 8th, 2016, 10:02 am

The thing is, Mediocre at Best isn't the first person on here to be saying the exact same thing. It's coming from a few different sources now....
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on January 8th, 2016, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » January 8th, 2016, 10:02 am

USUBlue wrote:
aggies22 wrote:If current players are negatively recruiting their own program, that is just selfish bull s***. If that really is occurring those players should be ashamed of themselves. They are singlehandedly destroying a program one recruit at a time, that many people devoted countless time and money towards to FINALLY produce winning teams. Perhaps the players that are doing all the s*** talking are afraid of being recruited over. How pissed would the players that were a part of those benchmark teams be to find out that the program that they busted their asses to change is being destroyed from within? If it's that bad then transfer, I don't really care who it is, if it's so unbearable leave.
Aggies22, that is exactly what is happening with some -- negative recruiting on their visits and then actually meeting with Wells ruins some of the other visits. We have a real problem; and the solution will probably be for Wells to be fired after 2 more losing seasons. Dang -- hiring the wrong head coach can ruin something good.
Well tell us then exactly what Wells problem is. How is his personal meetings with recruits different from his interactions with the media, fans, exc that come across as very positive. Is it just that we have a generation of kids trained in the world of micro-agresssions that he doesn't relate too. That they don't hear how they are God's gift to football enough?

I can understand how his presentation might not jive with playing for him. No coaches does but how is it that he is so bad one on one with players and their parents. How is it that he got Chuckie Keeton to decommit from AFA and has generally had very good recruits in comparison to our historical lousiness in the area.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » January 8th, 2016, 10:08 am

swishh_15 wrote:The thing is, Medioce at Best isn't the first person on here to be saying the exact same thing. It's coming from a few different sources now....
Maybe, maybe not, the "source" is unnamed player(s). Perhaps its all the same 1-2 disgruntled player(s)?

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 8th, 2016, 10:08 am

swishh_15 wrote:The thing is, Medioce at Best isn't the first person on here to be saying the exact same thing. It's coming from a few different sources now....
That can be very misleading. Two of these different users on this board that are saying the same things have the exact same source. Perhaps all three.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » January 8th, 2016, 10:15 am

treesap32 wrote:
That can be very misleading. Two of these different users on this board that are saying the same things have the exact same source. Perhaps all three.
. I have have heard the same exact things that Mediocre at best posted, been hearing it all Season. My source does not know anyone on this site. I hope that something for the good can change. To me The way it looks now is kinda worrisome.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Weber Leaving

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 8th, 2016, 10:26 am

I've been posting stuff similar to what mediocre at best just posted. But to be honest, I don't believe that anyone is "negatively recruiting". A player that I'm close with, one of the very very anti-Wells players, still works very hard to get good players to usu. Because he wants to be a part of a good football team! Actually tried to recruit a player the other day on Twitter...lots of you guys responded to him.
Edit: Actually, based off my very frequent conversations with more than 20 players- I don't really believe most of what he posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » January 8th, 2016, 10:30 am

Locker-room lawyers and sewers of discontent must be removed.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » January 8th, 2016, 10:40 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:I've been posting stuff similar to what mediocre at best just posted. But to be honest, I don't believe that anyone is "negatively recruiting". A player that I'm close with, one of the very very anti-Wells players, still works very hard to get good players to usu. Because he wants to be a part of a good football team! Actually tried to recruit a player the other day on Twitter...lots of you guys responded to him.
Edit: Actually, based off my very frequent conversations with more than 20 players- I don't really believe most of what he posted.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 8th, 2016, 10:41 am

treesap32 wrote:
Sap, you have no idea what you are talking about -- so be the Board Police, but you are wrong on this one. The sources are many and the problem is real. Pay attention -- did you see nothing wrong on the field this year. It's going to get worse.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 8th, 2016, 10:42 am

brownjeans wrote:Locker-room lawyers and sewers of discontent must be removed.
The real Sewer of Discontent is the head coach -- just like with Dave, Mick, and Brent. Often the problem is at the Head, not the tail.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » January 8th, 2016, 10:45 am

USUBlue wrote:
brownjeans wrote:Locker-room lawyers and sewers of discontent must be removed.
The real Sewer of Discontent is the head coach -- just like with Dave, Mick, and Brent. Often the problem is at the Head, not the tail.
Complainers and sewers of discontent are going to keep doing it even if you change the coach. I've seen this happen at work lots of times. Some people are just going to cause conflict and problems and undermine morale. They can change jobs, change cities, and still they find themselves in the same environment (because they cultivate that environment themselves). It's them, not all the things they complain about. You gotta get rid of them.

I remember Gary Andersen said much the same things on this topic.

xmoaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by xmoaggie » January 8th, 2016, 10:48 am

So what your saying is we have a problem until 2019

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 8th, 2016, 10:50 am

USUBlue wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
Sap, you have no idea what you are talking about -- so be the Board Police, but you are wrong on this one. The sources are many and the problem is real. Pay attention -- did you see nothing wrong on the field this year. It's going to get worse.
I actually do know what I am talking about with regard to a single source for this information for at least two posters on this board.

I saw lots of things wrong on the field last year.

I'm not saying that the stuff being said is true or not true. I'm just saying that some of the posters that are spreading it over and over and over and over and over on this board are linked very closely.

For example: I talk to my friend at school who says Johnny likes Sally. I come here and post it. Then I go tell my brother at home that my friend said Johnny likes Sally. Then my brother comes here and says: I heard from a kid at school that Johnny likes Sally.

Looks like multiple people, but it stems from one individual that likes passing secrets.

OK enough on that subject...

USUBlue, do you think Wells should be fired? If so, do you think his replacement would have a better chance at winning than he does? Who would that replacement be and how would he be more successful? Keep in mind that Wells is 25-16 at Utah State (one of the best win percentages of any coach in the history of the program), has three bowl appearances, two bowl victories, a mountain west conference division championship, and a coach of the year award to his name...

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 8th, 2016, 10:51 am

The loss of Weber and the rumored coaching changes have restored my enthusiasm in the program. If Maile comes back he's a Gary type personality that players can go to. Bouknight is also well liked by the players and if he gets the OC job would have more influence to handle the disgruntled players.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » January 8th, 2016, 10:53 am

aggies22 wrote:If current players are negatively recruiting their own program, that is just selfish bull s***. If that really is occurring those players should be ashamed of themselves. They are singlehandedly destroying a program one recruit at a time, that many people devoted countless time and money towards to FINALLY produce winning teams. Perhaps the players that are doing all the s*** talking are afraid of being recruited over. How pissed would the players that were a part of those benchmark teams be to find out that the program that they busted their asses to change is being destroyed from within? If it's that bad then transfer, I don't really care who it is, if it's so unbearable leave.
I know one player that was a part of one of the benchmark teams that's pretty disgusted with the effort that the current players put forth.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 8th, 2016, 10:56 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:The loss of Weber and the rumored coaching changes have restored my enthusiasm in the program. If Maile comes back he's a Gary type personality that players can go to. Bouknight is also well liked by the players and if he gets the OC job would have more influence to handle the disgruntled players.
I agree with this. I still don't think our offense will really be that good. But I'm hopeful that the defense will go back to its old ways if we're able to get Maile. And hopeful that these big personality coordinators can bring some chemistry to this team where everyone plays for themselves because there is no respect for the leader.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » January 8th, 2016, 10:58 am

Jjoey52 wrote:After reading the scout comments, one of two things is true: Fans on this board are wrong about Weber or there are going to be a bunch of Fresno fans seriously disappointed.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Valid observation Jjoey52 and thank you.... Also would note that some on this board seem to be oblivious that players, recruits, parents and donors can also read some of the comments posted.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 8th, 2016, 11:02 am

USUBlue wrote:
Aggies22, that is exactly what is happening with some -- negative recruiting on their visits and then actually meeting with Wells ruins some of the other visits. We have a real problem; and the solution will probably be for Wells to be fired after 2 more losing seasons. Dang -- hiring the wrong head coach can ruin something good.
You and your source are disagreeing on this thread Blue.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » January 8th, 2016, 11:03 am

I could see the players that played for or were recruited by Gary maybe not liking Matt or having a problem with Matt just because of how good Gary was as a players coach. Correct me if I'm wrong but next year will be the first year with a full fledged Matt Wells team, I was hoping that all of the rumored anti Matt Wells players were some of the seniors that spent some time under Gary and are now leaving.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 8th, 2016, 11:32 am

GeoAg wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
??? Source -- my own analysis and information. Let's just hope I'm wrong -- if not the rebuilding project will be real and difficult.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » January 8th, 2016, 11:56 am

Aggieforlife wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but next year will be the first year with a full fledged Matt Wells team
Nope. Matt Wells has been coach for three seasons. That means that you have another year before people who started playing as a freshman under Andersen are gone, and two more years before players who redshirted a year under Andersen are gone (and that doesn't count mission kids that were recruited by GA).

Also, keep in mind that Wells did a fair amount of recruiting under Gary, too. Keeton is a prime example (though one which is gone, now, of course).

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » January 8th, 2016, 12:29 pm

I've only seen one poster willing to put names of players out there and his post was contrary to what is being posted.

sambonethegreat
Has thanked: 0

Post by sambonethegreat » January 8th, 2016, 1:35 pm

Maybe now that Weber is gone, Wells' offensive scheme will be less crappy. It seemed to do okay in 2012 with a wholly decent O-line and a strong running back.

I hope Maile gets hired and Bouknight gets promoted. Those guys could do a lot as players' coaches.

Maybe Mays can eclipse 1,000 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using my willpower

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 8th, 2016, 2:14 pm

USUBlue wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
??? Source -- my own analysis and information. Let's just hope I'm wrong -- if not the rebuilding project will be real and difficult.
Are recruits telling you there are seeing negative recruiting on the their visits? Are they players telling you this? Is this your analysis?

It would take a very dull bulb of a player to not xfer and stay and negatively recruit. I don't buy it. One of our posters in this thread who is close to the players says he hasn't heard of it happening.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » January 8th, 2016, 2:17 pm

We've heard Hunt is unhappy with Wells, he went from 1st string to sharing 3rd down reps with Lindsay.

Hail Aggies!

AggieAddict

Post by AggieAddict » January 8th, 2016, 2:37 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:We've heard Hunt is unhappy with Wells, he went from 1st string to sharing 3rd down reps with Lindsay.

As he should have. Mays is way better.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 8th, 2016, 2:37 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:We've heard Hunt is unhappy with Wells, he went from 1st string to sharing 3rd down reps with Lindsay.

Mays beat him out

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » January 8th, 2016, 2:45 pm

You're all sowers of discontent who live in sewers of discontent, while sewing robes of discontent (also known as BYU apparel).

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 8th, 2016, 2:48 pm

And yet he publicly praises him seeing him as a father figure.

I don't buy it.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 8th, 2016, 2:52 pm

treesap32 wrote:

I don't buy it.

Maybe things have changed in the last 7 months.

Just seems like there is wayyyyy too much smoke to not have any fire. :noidea:

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 8th, 2016, 2:58 pm

2004AG wrote:
treesap32 wrote:

I don't buy it.

Possibly. And I'm sure there are players that do not like Wells. That's bound to happen when everyone on the team feels they're good enough to command a lot of playing time and there's not enough of it to go around. I just find it weird to call out the one that I know of who has gone out of his way to publicly praise him and call him a father figure on twitter.

I could see a grudge from Hunt about playing time but he's still getting a good amount of PT, and Hunt seems like a very positive team player to me. But again... I don't know the guy, and some on here claim they do, so what do I know?

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » January 8th, 2016, 3:18 pm

The best thing about this (the OP - not the derailed topic) is this will give us some money to work with. Weber was getting the majority of the assistant pie and this can help us with coordinators.

BustaMcNutt

Post by BustaMcNutt » January 8th, 2016, 4:17 pm

I wonder if Christian Cronk flipped his commitment to Fresno in an effort to get away from Weber. If so, poor guy can't catch a break.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 8th, 2016, 4:25 pm

2004AG wrote:
treesap32 wrote:

I don't buy it.

I don't know. We've all known that guy who claims to be getting with all these hot chicks and in the end the only real action he's had is from some chick named Rye Tand.
Smoke does not always equal fire. Sometimes it's just steam from a fermenting pile of crap.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » January 8th, 2016, 4:26 pm

treesap32 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
treesap32 wrote:

I don't buy it.

Possibly. And I'm sure there are players that do not like Wells. That's bound to happen when everyone on the team feels they're good enough to command a lot of playing time and there's not enough of it to go around. I just find it weird to call out the one that I know of who has gone out of his way to publicly praise him and call him a father figure on twitter.

I could see a grudge from Hunt about playing time but he's still getting a good amount of PT, and Hunt seems like a very positive team player to me. But again... I don't know the guy, and some on here claim they do, so what do I know?
So Hunt is upset because a much better running back beat him out. I respect his confidence and he seems like a big boy so he'll get through it but thats not an issue with Wells in this instance at all. Any coach would have played Mays and Hunt would have had the same reaction. He seems like a level headed and mature player and hard worker and he'll get through it.

He had more of a reason to be upset over being initially offered then the offer withdrawn then offered again.

Locked Previous topicNext topic