Levani Damuni

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Levani Damuni

Post by slcagg » March 8th, 2016, 6:35 am

Ive expected this but he has opened up his recruitment. I think you'll see him receive some very high level offers. Hopefully he will recommit at some point.

YoungBloodAggie

Re: Levani Damuni

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 8th, 2016, 7:19 am

Doubt it. You don't usually open up your recruiting if you are going to stay at the same place. Bye Levani.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue » March 8th, 2016, 9:06 am

He'll go to BYU, just watch.

GUS

Post by GUS » March 8th, 2016, 9:52 am

Waqa needs to exercise a little Poly parental pressure on the kid.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 8th, 2016, 9:57 am

Man, this one sucks! We talked about it here before and I maintain that this one leaves egg on the face of the Aggies perhaps more than any other. Local kid, your own father is on staff, and we can't maintain a commitment? :disappointed: I know some fans argued that he has to be his own man and make his own decision that is best for him but if he ends up at one of the other in-state schools it will be slap in the face and I think it would serve as a signal that something is wrong in the program to other potential recruits (even if that is not the case).

providencealum

Post by providencealum » March 8th, 2016, 9:58 am

NavyBlue wrote:He'll go to BYU, just watch.
I think there is a very good chance that is where he is leaning to go.

UtesAggs>BYU
Has thanked: 0

Post by UtesAggs>BYU » March 8th, 2016, 10:04 am

providencealum wrote:
Actually I think there is a HIGH probability he ends up at Utah or another Pac-12 school. Wants to play in a P5 conference

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » March 8th, 2016, 10:48 am

His uncle Jack has been in town recently. He's the recruiting coordinator at the y.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 8th, 2016, 3:08 pm

providencealum wrote:
Maybe he wants to join an acapella group? There's no higher capita of acapella groups than at the Y. I think that may be related to the amount of testicles that haven't dropped.

superaggie

Post by superaggie » March 8th, 2016, 3:10 pm

This one has everything to do with momentum and expectation. As a program we lost a lot of momentum with the crappy season that we had last year and losing the entire coaching staff. Wells decided to play some players that were not the best and he ended up losing confidence from the team and his assistant coaches.Programs are based on perception and we slipped backwards last year. Losing to New Mexico and Air Force at the end of the year were inexcusable. The BYU loss was a exclamation point on what was wrong team all year. All I can say is I hope Wells can put more points up on the board than he has the last two years. If not it is going to be another crappy football season.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 8th, 2016, 5:25 pm

He has a picture of a byu player as the cover photo for his twitter account. Dude is gone and has been for a long time. Oh well.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue » March 8th, 2016, 5:30 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:He has a picture of a byu player as the cover photo for his twitter account. Dude is gone and has been for a long time. Oh well.
BYU the Mormon nirvana. :crazy: :puke:

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 8th, 2016, 11:34 pm

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
providencealum wrote:
Actually I think there is a HIGH probability he ends up at Utah or another Pac-12 school. Wants to play in a P5 conference
Our resident Ute zoob

xmoaggie

Post by xmoaggie » March 9th, 2016, 8:09 am

NavyBlue wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:He has a picture of a byu player as the cover photo for his twitter account. Dude is gone and has been for a long time. Oh well.
This byu delusion is a powerfull sickness

NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue » March 9th, 2016, 10:51 am

xmoaggie wrote:
NavyBlue wrote:
This byu delusion is a powerfull sickness
I agree.

tkmad

Post by tkmad » March 9th, 2016, 12:27 pm

I don't think anyone should make their decision on where to play football and attend school based solely on where their parent teaches/coaches. Can see why he would make an early verbal to us if that were the case but can't blame the kid if he's getting looked at by new schools.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » March 9th, 2016, 12:46 pm

tkmad wrote:I don't think anyone should make their decision on where to play football and attend school based solely on where their parent teaches/coaches. Can see why he would make an early verbal to us if that were the case but can't blame the kid if he's getting looked at by new schools.
There is no way to sugar coat this. He's from Cache Valley and his dad coaches on the football team. This a a big kick to the nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » March 10th, 2016, 8:12 pm

Whats new? Another MC player going to the zoo. I don't get it! :utah: :state:

inconspicuous

Post by inconspicuous » March 11th, 2016, 10:49 am

Seems pure speculation that he opened up his recruitment because of BYU. I think in general as he has more opportunities he is open to listen and make the best decision for himself regardless of where his father is employed or has played. I would certainly want my kid to listen to all his opportunities and make a decision based upon what he thinks is best for him. Good for Levani and hopefully he figures out what's best for him.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » March 11th, 2016, 11:40 am

inconspicuous wrote:Seems pure speculation that he opened up his recruitment because of BYU. I think in general as he has more opportunities he is open to listen and make the best decision for himself regardless of where his father is employed or has played. I would certainly want my kid to listen to all his opportunities and make a decision based upon what he thinks is best for him. Good for Levani and hopefully he figures out what's best for him.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » March 11th, 2016, 11:50 am

inconspicuous wrote:Seems pure speculation that he opened up his recruitment because of BYU. I think in general as he has more opportunities he is open to listen and make the best decision for himself regardless of where his father is employed or has played. I would certainly want my kid to listen to all his opportunities and make a decision based upon what he thinks is best for him. Good for Levani and hopefully he figures out what's best for him.
It seems like speculation because it is, and it's wrong.

Aggieevil
Been thanked: 0

Post by Aggieevil » March 11th, 2016, 6:35 pm

Heard today that he got an offer from Oregon St.

bleu

Post by bleu » March 11th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Aggieevil wrote:Heard today that he got an offer from Oregon St.
This is correct, he tweeted about it earlier. I would imagine this is where he ends up.

bullshot

Post by bullshot » March 12th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Pretty sad we cannot keep local talent with usu ties to the football team

LKGates

Post by LKGates » March 12th, 2016, 5:25 pm

bullshot wrote:Pretty sad we cannot keep local talent with usu ties to the football team
We got really lucky. With GA, in a four year span from 2009 to 2012, we achieved what normally would have taken 20 years of slow, grinding, steady progress. Now, I think you can make the case that even with last year, we are comfortably in the upper half of the G5. Nice, but we need better. If we are going to be considered when the next, and probably last, round of conference realignment happens in 3-5 years, we need to be in the top 20%, or better still, the top 10% of the G5. That is going to take season-over-season slow steady progress, overperforming with the talent we have. We need to be the division champion at least every other year.

So, if you want that to happen, do the only things we fans can do: Go to the games, and bring your friends. Wear Aggie gear. Give to the MOF and BBSF. Send your kids to USU. Let other people know what a great place USU is.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » March 12th, 2016, 6:30 pm

bullshot wrote:Pretty sad we cannot keep local talent with usu ties to the football team
If my dad coached D1 football I would consider any D1 program but the one he is coaching at.

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » March 12th, 2016, 11:56 pm

LK Gates is our peer gents. He is sage enough to correctly assess our status and development
I for one appreciate and pay attention to his comments
Well said sir

bullshot

Post by bullshot » March 13th, 2016, 9:52 am

I think that inaddition to the things mentioned above the Aggies will need to extend themselves with the next coaching hire for a really dynamic recruiter that can re establish a very strong Poly pipeline with nasty and skill position players with speed.

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » March 13th, 2016, 11:28 am

LKGates wrote:
We got really lucky. With GA, in a four year span from 2009 to 2012, we achieved what normally would have taken 20 years of slow, grinding, steady progress. Now, I think you can make the case that even with last year, we are comfortably in the upper half of the G5. Nice, but we need better. If we are going to be considered when the next, and probably last, round of conference realignment happens in 3-5 years, we need to be in the top 20%, or better still, the top 10% of the G5. That is going to take season-over-season slow steady progress, overperforming with the talent we have. We need to be the division champion at least every other year.

So, if you want that to happen, do the only things we fans can do: Go to the games, and bring your friends. Wear Aggie gear. Give to the MOF and BBSF. Send your kids to USU. Let other people know what a great place USU is.
"overperforming with the talent we have" This is why we saw the success we did. It is a very difficult thing to do year after year. I hope that we can. Life in general suggests it will be a tall order.

:utah: :state:

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

bleu

Post by bleu » March 13th, 2016, 6:12 pm

Even as a life long, diehard USU fan and Cache Valley native, if I were a high school athlete being recruited by SEC, Pac 12, and ACC schools, it would be pretty tough to commit to USU.

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » March 13th, 2016, 8:07 pm

bleu wrote:
Even as a life long, diehard USU fan and Cache Valley native, if I were a high school athlete being recruited by SEC, Pac 12, and ACC schools, it would be pretty tough to commit to USU.
I agree, I'm from Cache Valley and love aggie athletics, but if a kid from the valley really has an opportunity to play in the SEC, ACC, B10, ect.... Good for them, go for it! My only disappointment is if they choose to go to another mid major or rival school.

bleu

Post by bleu » March 13th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Aggieforlife wrote:
bleu wrote:
I agree, I'm from Cache Valley and love aggie athletics, but if a kid from the valley really has an opportunity to play in the SEC, ACC, B10, ect.... Good for them, go for it! My only disappointment is if they choose to go to another mid major or rival school.
I couldn't agree more. Losing him to a place like Boise or CSU would sting, but you can hardly blame the kid if he wants to go to Oregon State

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » March 13th, 2016, 8:53 pm

I don't know a whole lot about him, for those who do, what are the chances he gets a p5 scholarship?

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » March 13th, 2016, 10:34 pm

I thought Oregon State was a mid major. I don't see a big difference between usu and osu other than the schedule. :utah: :state:

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » March 14th, 2016, 6:13 am

Oregon State may not be at the top of their conference, but they are still a PAC 12 member. Additionally Gary Andersen knows the landscape in Utah regarding football talent. This puts Utah State at a recruiting disadvantage.

Locked Previous topicNext topic