Garretson is a captain at OSU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GeoAg

Re: Garretson is a captain at OSU

Post by GeoAg » April 9th, 2016, 11:25 am

ChicagoAggie wrote:
Alexb wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:To be fair, if you take out all of his good plays...he's just not very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair, there weren't that many good plays.

He would be starting this year for Utah State.
I understand the desire to minimize DG. I don't agree with how he handled the situation (and for those who would like to blame Wells this was all on Garretson), but to try and say he was not a contributor to our program is ludicrous!

He definitely was a contributor. I wish him luck. He QBd some of the best Aggie games I've seen. But, he was wildly inconsistent and had some pretty clear weaknesses. I don't think it is anywhere near the open and shut case you imply that he would be the starter. I think Kent Myers is just as good through two years in each of their careers. They have different strengths and weaknesses, but Kent is just about as good and the stats bear that out. Their QB ratings are very similar, and that doesn't account for Kent's vastly superior ability to run.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 9th, 2016, 1:08 pm

Kent Meyers and Darrell Garretson have both benefited greatly from a great defense. Both their records are a little inflated.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » April 9th, 2016, 1:10 pm

2004AG wrote:Kent Meyers and Darrell Garretson have both benefited greatly from a great defense. Both their records are a little inflated.

Yep. And I'd say that's a little bit of an understatement. I hope we can get back to that great defense this year!

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » April 9th, 2016, 2:25 pm

Well so far every position looks good except QB. Kent looks worse than awful. 3 dropped picks that came from him so I guess the DBs need to work on their hands.

glendayle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by glendayle » April 12th, 2016, 11:17 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
Aglicious wrote:The revisionist history with DG is astounding to me. I challenge people to go back and watch the games he started and then come back and tell me how incredible he is again. He had one exceptional game and because of the opponent and where it was he will forever be a part of USU folklore but let's not get carried away with ourselves when we look at his total body of work and on what terms he left this program and his teammates. He was serviceable at best in a handful of other games and either struggled mightily or was not asked to do anything in a large portion of the rest.
That BYU game helped us forget about Arkansas State...
DG's best pass of his career was in the Ark State game.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » April 13th, 2016, 12:47 am

glendayle wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Aglicious wrote:The revisionist history with DG is astounding to me. I challenge people to go back and watch the games he started and then come back and tell me how incredible he is again. He had one exceptional game and because of the opponent and where it was he will forever be a part of USU folklore but let's not get carried away with ourselves when we look at his total body of work and on what terms he left this program and his teammates. He was serviceable at best in a handful of other games and either struggled mightily or was not asked to do anything in a large portion of the rest.
A-Freakin-men!

#hornsup!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » April 13th, 2016, 7:19 am

glendayle wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
All I remember is the final score.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

glendayle

Post by glendayle » April 13th, 2016, 7:41 am

Tr0ll

Post by Tr0ll » April 13th, 2016, 7:43 am