the question you all are dying to ask

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MaverickAggie

Re: the question you all are dying to ask

Post by MaverickAggie » August 10th, 2016, 2:52 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:I'm proud to be a fan of Al. He's maddening to listen to at times, but the guy really has done a lot for Aggie athletics. He is one of the few avid supporters that didn't lose hope through the dark years. Kept them on the radio despite what had to be dismal ratings that even the Saturday afternoon AM cooking radio shows could beat. The guy bleeds blue. Always has. If he has a downfall it is that he is too passionate about the Aggies. Who can really be upset about that?
This.

I rarely listen to Al call games anymore because thankfully I get to watch all the games on TV now days. Nobody can question his loyalty. He is as passionate as they come.

As for the announcer....last year's announcer was a joke! Flygare had trouble with the poly names but he was 10X the announcer as last year's buffoon.

glendayle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by glendayle » August 11th, 2016, 2:19 am

I've said this before, but Al is sort of our Harry Caray. Is he the best announcer in the world? Certainly not. Is he a great interviewer? I don't think so. I do think it is much more difficult than people realize to do the play by play. Al is unique and I'm going to miss hearing his voice when he decides to drop the mic.

stewusu98

Post by stewusu98 » August 11th, 2016, 9:42 am

Hopefully we learned that when we called for Flygare's head. Flygare was not great except when compared to last years guy.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » August 11th, 2016, 10:30 am

stewusu98 wrote:Hopefully we learned that when we called for Flygare's head. Flygare was not great except when compared to last years guy.
So we should be happy with a (I can't express myself without swearing) announcer, because there are (I can't express myself without swearing) options out there? Just because the guy last year sucked is not a good reason to bring flygre back. Please no!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

stewusu98

Post by stewusu98 » August 11th, 2016, 2:38 pm

Empire of Dirt wrote:
stewusu98 wrote:Hopefully we learned that when we called for Flygare's head. Flygare was not great except when compared to last years guy.
So we should be happy with a s*** announcer, because there are s*** options out there? Just because the guy last year sucked is not a good reason to bring flygre back. Please no!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I agree. I was just stating we get so mad but we just complain. I am poor, but I have had season tickets and cannot get mad when I hear what my friends pay for their tickets at byu or utah. We really have it good, I am glad I am an Aggie because I could not afford to be a fan of the other two universities. If you compare YBU's guy with Al we get the same quality for a lot less money. Greg Wrubell is a complete joke. While many are huge fans of Scott Gerard he is not the greatest representation of Utah State. He rips on his education there and it really makes me mad. I could not have gone anywhere in the west and received a better education in my area of expertise. Just kind of getting sick of the negativity on this board. In the past 6 years I have gone from a good contributor (200 times a year to one who does maybe 5 times a year).

Locked Previous topicNext topic