Week 3 Preseason Results

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Coloraggie

Week 3 Preseason Results

Post by Coloraggie » August 26th, 2016, 3:07 pm

Games Thursday 8-25-16
DJ Tialavea (Falcons) - no stats in the game. I did see one play on TV that he was in and the QB never looked to him. Tialavea is predicted to make the 53-man roster but it will be close. He will for sure make it through the cuts on August 31st.
Z. Vigil (Dolphins)- still on PUP. He is on the team but will have to wait to come off PUP to play.
B. Wagner (Seahawks) - led the team with 7 tackles, solidly on the team.

Friday Games 8-26-2016
T. Larsen (Panthers) - NO info yet on playing time. Panthers have 4 more cuts to go so it looks like Larsen is safe for this weekend. I would think it is doubtful that he makes the final roster.
K. Fackrell (Packers) - led team with 4 tackles. He will make the team on the strength of his draft position.
M. Evans (Packers) - 2 tackles and an interception! He will make the cut to 75 players but not likely to make 53-man roster but he is turning some heads by continuing to make plays. I would be surprised if he doesn't end up on the practice squad or another teams practice squad. See his interception and a short interview here atarting at 2:33: http://www.packers.com/media-center/vid ... b90121e571

Saturday Games 8-27-2016
P. Scales (Bears) - no data. Scales will make this cut and is favored to win the 53-man roster spot.
N. Lawson (Lions) - 2 tackles, 1 pass defensed. Played 36 snaps on defense 5 on ST. Nevin will make the 53-man roster and is currently a starting CB.
C. Jacobs (Ravens) - no catches on 1 target. Chuck was waived after the game. I'm afraid his NFL career is done.
W. Davis (Ravens) - 2 tackles, 1 pass defensed. Davis will make 53-man roster, he is pushing for starting time.
H. Sharp (Eagles) WAS WAIVED BY EAGLES AND GIVEN INJURY SETTLEMENT.
R. Turbin (Colts) - 4 carries, 24 yards, 1 reception for 6 yards. Turbin had an 81-yard TD run called back for holding. This seemed to happen to him in Seattle every time. By far the best RB on the night with 24 of 39 total rush yards. He will make 53-man roster as primary backup to Gore.
D. Glover-Wright (Colts) - started at CB and had 2 tackles. Will make 75-man cut. On the bubble for 53-man roster, not helped by recent signing of Antonio Cromartie but lots of injuries are opening up room. ESPN has him cut but I think he will make it to start the season.
D. Penn (Raiders) - Penn will make 53-man roster, will start and is the leader of the OL.
M. Alexander (Rams) - DNP. He will make the 53-man roster, he is projected to the be a starter at safety!
D. Moala (Broncos) - no tackles but a pass deflection. He has a lot of competition. Not sure he will make 75-man cut, will not make 53-man cut unless something really strange happens in the next week.

Sunday Games 8-28-2016
K. Williams (Cardinals) - DNP as precaution. ESPN picks him to be cut before final roster. He still has one year eligibility on practice squad so I would see that as a minimum.
N. Vigil (Bengals) - 3 tackles. Will be safely on 53-man roster.

Who will make final rosters:
Wagner Lawson, Davis, Turbin, Tialavea, Scales, Penn, Alexander, N. Vigil, Fackrell

Questionable (practice squad)?
K. Williams, Glover-Wright, Evans

Who will be cut?
Sharp, Larsen, Moala, Jacobs

Injured List:
Z. Vigil.
Last edited by Coloraggie on August 29th, 2016, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jjoey52

Re: Week 3 Preseason Results

Post by Jjoey52 » August 26th, 2016, 6:04 pm

I really like these updates, thx for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » August 27th, 2016, 10:56 am

Marwin with a pick last night for the Packers. They'll get his name right soon (short video at bottom of article).

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ ... 68ed9521f6

Nobody here knows anything.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 28th, 2016, 10:36 am

Moala batted down a pass on the second to last play of the Rams drive trying to tie the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » August 29th, 2016, 11:14 am

bump, fully updated from Week 3 now. First round of cuts are Tuesday at 4:00, i believe.

aggieaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by aggieaggie » August 29th, 2016, 2:08 pm

David Moala cut by the Broncos today.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » August 29th, 2016, 10:28 pm

Moala actually had a good camp, just went with too good of a team, hopefully he can catch on another team's practice squad or Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Locked Previous topicNext topic