Skill beyond his years

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

Skill beyond his years

Post by SectionBAggie » September 1st, 2016, 10:21 pm

I didn't get to the first half (elderly mother issues) but saw the second. One of the significant plays in the half was LaJuan Hunt's TD. It was a nice run on his part but if you watch closely you see that one of the WRs made and held the block the put him in the end zone. That kind of blocking by a WR is significant in the success of running around the end. And the WR that made that block and held it a long time - true freshman Rayshad Lewis. Kid seems to be a well developed package.

hickaggie

Re: Skill beyond his years

Post by hickaggie » September 1st, 2016, 10:25 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:I didn't get to the first half (elderly mother issues) but saw the second. One of the significant plays in the half was LaJuan Hunt's TD. It was a nice run on his part but if you watch closely you see that one of the WRs made and held the block the put him in the end zone. That kind of blocking by a WR is significant in the success of running around the end. And the WR that made that block and held it a long time - true freshman Rayshad Lewis. Kid seems to be a well developed package.
Ya know, you'd think maybe he had some help from arguably the best football player of my generation..nah

hipsterdoofus21

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 1st, 2016, 11:37 pm

Lewis is much better than Jojo as a freshman already. I think he's going to be a weapon this year. Plays with so much confidence.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » September 1st, 2016, 11:41 pm

Rayshad is going to make us all forget Jojo Natson this year and going forward

hipsterdoofus21

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 1st, 2016, 11:44 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:Rayshad is going to make us all forget Jojo Natson this year and going forward
Interesting that they have the same number.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 2nd, 2016, 5:52 am

They are very different football players in my eyes. Rayshad is much more Stanley Morrison than Bruce Natson, IMO.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

AggieDude
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieDude » September 2nd, 2016, 6:59 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:They are very different football players in my eyes. Rayshad is much more Stanley Morrison than Bruce Natson, IMO.
Oooo... good call. Rayshad is way more aggressive in traffic than Natson ever was, especially as a freshman. I wonder if his fearless nature will stick after he gets his bell rung a couple of times.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » September 2nd, 2016, 8:10 am

The first two plays from scrimmage had very similar WR downfield blocking.
Myers' keeper on 1st down, #17 had his DB locked up at the 20 (15 yards downfield) on the sideline and he didn't touch the play.
Mays TD also had #17 keeping the DB tied up until Mays was inside the 5, he was able to hit Mays but it was really only contact before Mays bounced off and scored.

I think the WR's did great downfield

Enter your Picks on GOOGLE DOCS
BOWLS Entry Sheet

WEEK 15 Entry with results

WEEKLY & WTHCG Standings Congrats to winners - Aggies22 Weekly, bigblue WTHCG

KICKOFF Standings & Summary Congrats to winner - NHAGGIE!

hipsterdoofus21

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 2nd, 2016, 8:47 am

That would be Van Lue no? I saw on multiple replays that the receivers were doing a great job blocking downfield. We didn't always see that last year.

providencealum
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by providencealum » September 2nd, 2016, 10:56 am

SectionBAggie wrote:I didn't get to the first half (elderly mother issues) but saw the second. One of the significant plays in the half was LaJuan Hunt's TD. It was a nice run on his part but if you watch closely you see that one of the WRs made and held the block the put him in the end zone. That kind of blocking by a WR is significant in the success of running around the end. And the WR that made that block and held it a long time - true freshman Rayshad Lewis. Kid seems to be a well developed package.
After that score Bouknight pulled Rayshad aside and was in my opinion telling him your exact thoughts. You could tell the conversation was about the block he made.

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » September 2nd, 2016, 10:59 am

Yep 17 is Zach Van Leeuwen, a very solid possession and blocking receiver just like Travis

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 2nd, 2016, 11:00 am

I've said it before on this board. Blocking is the most underrated aspect of a WRs job and one of the most important but unheralded tasks in all of football.

I don't know if Hines Ward has the same career if it weren't for his blocking skills. I think largely because of it, he very well can be put into the hall in the next few years.

(I know this sounds contradictory, but I'm aware and it isn't)

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

Locked Previous topicNext topic