Chris Unga and Dax Raymond

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USUBlue
13=13

Chris Unga and Dax Raymond

Post by USUBlue » October 1st, 2016, 11:48 pm

Hey 22, when is Unga coming back this year if at all. He is clearly a better nose guard then Schuster, who gets blown up and pushed around all the time. And what's the story with the Dax Raymond

Maverik_Aggie

Re: Chris Unga and Dax Raymond

Post by Maverik_Aggie » October 1st, 2016, 11:50 pm

I was also looking forward to a two TE set with Raymond and Houston. I guess you can't have it all

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 2nd, 2016, 12:16 am

Maverik_Aggie wrote:I was also looking forward to a two TE set with Raymond and Houston. I guess you can't have it all
The TE is the best option for Myers. Would love to get Raymond out there.

thetrueaggie

Post by thetrueaggie » October 2nd, 2016, 12:16 am

Dax is injured and will be out for the year.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 2nd, 2016, 12:18 am

thetrueaggie wrote:Dax is injured and will be out for the year.
Fantastic...

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 2nd, 2016, 12:20 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond
Looks like Lindsey is concussed
and Williams is out for the first half

Gonna be tough to win next week, but we have to

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » October 2nd, 2016, 12:23 am

So will Raymond take a RS? He played his freshman year I believe. Hasn't played at all this year.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 2nd, 2016, 12:32 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...
Wells is weird about injuries, but he has promised us that when players are out for the year, he'll tell the fans. Come on coach, we pay your salary.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 2nd, 2016, 12:34 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond

Sorry Hipster, but this team isn't going to win more than 1 game on the road this year. And with at least one more home loss to SDSU, the best we will finish is 5-7.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 2nd, 2016, 12:36 am

USUBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond

Sorry Hipster, but this team isn't going to win more than 1 game on the road this year. And with at least one more home loss to SDSU, the best we will finish is 5-7.
Having seen the progress of the defense I will disagree. I think we get 2 on the road. The MW is pretty bad this year, and as much as we struggle we'll win ugly enough to get to 6 wins.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 2nd, 2016, 12:37 am

USUBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond

@CSU, @Wyoming and @Nevada are all winnable games. None of those teams are as good as Boise and we hung in there tonight. I'm not saying that we'll for sure win all 3 of those games but I think we win at least 2 of them.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 2nd, 2016, 12:40 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond

@CSU, @Wyoming and @Nevada are all winnable games. None of those teams are as good as Boise and we hung in there tonight. I'm not saying that we'll for sure win all 3 of those games but I think we win at least 2 of them.
And I think we'll win 1 at most; this team is poorly coached on offense, has little toughness on offense, and will not perform well on the road. Funny that we have 8 returning starters on offense -- goes to show that experience isn't as important a coaching and talent.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 2nd, 2016, 12:41 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond

Agreed. I think we should get 2 of them, and hope to get all 3. Unless the team quits on Wells, I think we're going to continue to improve.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 2nd, 2016, 12:43 am

USUBlue is correct. Our ceiling is 5-7.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 2nd, 2016, 8:48 pm

USUBlue wrote:Hey 22, when is Unga coming back this year if at all. He is clearly a better nose guard then Schuster, who gets blown up and pushed around all the time. And what's the story with the Dax Raymond
Chris Unga may not make it back at all this season. Dallin Leavitt broke his ankle so it's going to be awhile. Devonte Mays is going to start worrying more about his combinerhan getting back to save the season. Dax Raymond is indeed out for the year and is redshirting. If anyone noticed we pulled Derek Hastings redshirt yesterday.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » October 2nd, 2016, 10:55 pm

I disagree with blue and Mac as well. I think we have a good shot at every remaining game with the way the D played yesterday. I'm still in for 7-5

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » October 2nd, 2016, 11:27 pm

GeoAg wrote:I disagree with blue and Mac as well. I think we have a good shot at every remaining game with the way the D played yesterday. I'm still in for 7-5
My thoughts as well. We haven't played badly over the last two, and the schedule lightens up down the stretch. I would pick losses to SDSU and byu, but they are winnable with how we and they have been playing. It would be aggasmic(tm) if our team won out and along the way silenced some of these critics. A man can dream.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » October 3rd, 2016, 8:54 am

It's not gonna happen. The D has performed admirably but the O has been abysmal; just like 2013-2015. I have no confidence that the O can score more than 2 or 3 times unless play dramatically improves; just like 2013-2015. So they'll be in any game this year but incapable of winning any game where mistakes are made and it goes beyond 20 points. Some folks are happy with that. Others aren't. My preseason had USU fighting down to the wire for a bowl spot. Aggies will lose to SDSU and BYU. They'll beat Wyo, CSU, & Fresno. They'll need one of UNM and UNR for eligibility. I won't be surprised if they drop at least one of those two. I'd like to see them win out too. Of course they've done that well or better for 3 years with an equally anemic/stagnant offense that rarely sustains a drive and consistently leads the nation with an inability to convert on 3rd down. I don't think bowl eligibility proves that the team didn't underachieve either. I think USU football has been underachieving for a couple of seasons. But with competition down in the MWC, as some have claimed, I'd like to see better. I'd like them to win out because I'm an Aggie fan. Unfortunately it wouldn't stop the pretentious, apologist, nanny, fan-behavior hall monitors that are content with mediocrity or whatever isn't 2006. But then 6-6 and a few more laid eggs wouldn't stop that crowd either. However it shakes out and with or without Wells, some folks will just be content no matter what and feel a need to tell everyone who isn't that they need to be anyway. A man can dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 3rd, 2016, 9:33 am

USUBlue wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond

And I think we'll win 1 at most; this team is poorly coached on offense, has little toughness on offense, and will not perform well on the road. Funny that we have 8 returning starters on offense -- goes to show that experience isn't as important a coaching and talent.
Quite a prediction about a team whose defense just shut down two of the best offensive teams in the country in consecutive weeks. Myers has never had problems with CSU and Wyoming, Fresno is terrible, Nevada the Defense will take care of, New Mexico might not even score on us in Logan. Even the Zoobs are going to be in a dogfight .

I'm 100% with you on the boneheaded offense and think Matt and Luke need to let someone else run it, but Wells and Myers generally put the points up to win against lesser teams and our D is approaching its 2014 prowess. Hard time seeing how we don't get to 7 wins with the crapfest of teams remaining on the schedule (SDSU excluded. Wyoming could give us some issues, maybe.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 3rd, 2016, 10:14 am

aggies22 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:Hey 22, when is Unga coming back this year if at all. He is clearly a better nose guard then Schuster, who gets blown up and pushed around all the time. And what's the story with the Dax Raymond
Chris Unga may not make it back at all this season. Dallin Leavitt broke his ankle so it's going to be awhile. Devonte Mays is going to start worrying more about his combinerhan getting back to save the season. Dax Raymond is indeed out for the year and is redshirting. If anyone noticed we pulled Derek Hastings redshirt yesterday.
Thanks, and I didn't notice about Hastings. I wish Wells would be a little more forthcoming about injuries -- I guess he has forgotten about fan interest. Other high profile coaches have no problem or HIPPA limitation in discussing injuries.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 3rd, 2016, 10:16 am

hickaggie wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond

Quite a prediction about a team whose defense just shut down two of the best offensive teams in the country in consecutive weeks. Myers has never had problems with CSU and Wyoming, Fresno is terrible, Nevada the Defense will take care of, New Mexico might not even score on us in Logan. Even the Zoobs are going to be in a dogfight .

I'm 100% with you on the boneheaded offense and think Matt and Luke need to let someone else run it, but Wells and Myers generally put the points up to win against lesser teams and our D is approaching its 2014 prowess. Hard time seeing how we don't get to 7 wins with the crapfest of teams remaining on the schedule (SDSU excluded. Wyoming could give us some issues, maybe.
I would agree with you with GA teams and the inherited teams that Wells got, but this is a new day and other teams are going to start beating us. I think winning 1 road game is our max this year (probably CSU), and with a loss to SDSU, that makes for a 5-7 season and our 2nd straight losing year. Dang!! I hate reality sometimes, but I refuse to live in fantasy.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 3rd, 2016, 11:21 am

Hope those guys can make it back. Some of those injuries have really hurt our production.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 3rd, 2016, 11:46 am

aggies22 wrote:
Chris Unga may not make it back at all this season. Dallin Leavitt broke his ankle so it's going to be awhile. Devonte Mays is going to start worrying more about his combine than getting back to save the season. Dax Raymond is indeed out for the year and is redshirting. If anyone noticed we pulled Derek Hastings redshirt yesterday.
This may be the most depressing thing I have read so far. Unga, Leavitt, Raymond, and Mays basically done for the year. The string of injuries to key players on our team continues for yet another year. The number of injuries is a little concerning but not completely out of line with what is expected on any team playing at this level but the fact that ours are always to key contributors is getting a bit old.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » October 3rd, 2016, 11:53 am

Aglicious wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Chris Unga may not make it back at all this season. Dallin Leavitt broke his ankle so it's going to be awhile. Devonte Mays is going to start worrying more about his combine than getting back to save the season. Dax Raymond is indeed out for the year and is redshirting. If anyone noticed we pulled Derek Hastings redshirt yesterday.
This may be the most depressing thing I have read so far. Unga, Leavitt, Raymond, and Mays basically done for the year. The string of injuries to key players on our team continues for yet another year. The number of injuries is a little concerning but not completely out of line with what is expected on any team playing at this level but the fact that ours are always to key contributors is getting a bit old.
Maybe if USU got more garbage time because the O was cruising to TDs the 1st stringers wouldn't get as banged up.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » October 3rd, 2016, 12:16 pm

USUBlue wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Fantastic...

Ugh!
So...

Mays
Leavitt
Unga
Raymond

I would agree with you with GA teams and the inherited teams that Wells got, but this is a new day and other teams are going to start beating us. I think winning 1 road game is our max this year (probably CSU), and with a loss to SDSU, that makes for a 5-7 season and our 2nd straight losing year. Dang!! I hate reality sometimes, but I refuse to live in fantasy.
Can you tell the future? What are the winning lottery numbers?

I do not see how anything you said above is more than your opinion.

Knetts
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Knetts » October 3rd, 2016, 12:21 pm

Maverik_Aggie wrote:I was also looking forward to a two TE set with Raymond and Houston. I guess you can't have it all

They pulled Hastings red-shirt last week so we may see a 2 TE set again.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 3rd, 2016, 12:27 pm

Last edited by USUBlue on October 3rd, 2016, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 3rd, 2016, 12:32 pm

I, as an example of one fan, don't care to know more than I currently know about injuries.

If I were a coach, I wouldn't feel the need to make any public comments about injuries these days either. People know through social media and other vehicles. So why does a coach need to comment?
Last edited by brownjeans on October 3rd, 2016, 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 3rd, 2016, 12:33 pm

Zaggie07 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:I would agree with you with GA teams and the inherited teams that Wells got, but this is a new day and other teams are going to start beating us. I think winning 1 road game is our max this year (probably CSU), and with a loss to SDSU, that makes for a 5-7 season and our 2nd straight losing year. Dang!! I hate reality sometimes, but I refuse to live in fantasy.

Not predicting the future from nothing -- we have watched Wells coach for 3 1/2 years; the trends are obvious to those that don't live in denial. Go back to any coaching staff, within 2-3 years they are what they are. It changes very little. GA had a tough struggle but by the middle end of the 2nd year, you could start seeing a consistent toughness and edge that was building. I was not surprised when he started to win in his 3rd year. With Wells, you could see in the 2nd year that the offense had not developed an identity and that unless a dramatic change happened, we would start losing because the defense was going to start losing players and Orlando. Trends are easy to see if you're looking. The trend says Wells will have USU at about .500 for the balance of his coaching -- I want better.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 3rd, 2016, 12:35 pm

brownjeans wrote:I, as an example of one fan, don't care. I don't need to know more than I currently know about injuries.
Losing Raymond was probably the single biggest loss of the preseason and early season and not 1 word about it. Of course, now losing Mays is even worse -- if he comes back it will be for only a few games.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 3rd, 2016, 12:35 pm

USUBlue wrote:
brownjeans wrote:I, as an example of one fan, don't care. I don't need to know more than I currently know about injuries.
Losing Raymond was probably the single biggest loss of the preseason and early season and not 1 word about it. Of course, now losing Mays is even worse -- if he comes back it will be for only a few games.
Sounds like you know all you need to know.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » October 3rd, 2016, 12:40 pm

brownjeans wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
Yeah, we hear about it from players and their friends. Should USU make relevant announcements?

pharquar
Has thanked: 0

Post by pharquar » October 3rd, 2016, 12:43 pm

How did a thread about the injury status of Chris Unga and Dax Raymond get immediately turned into a Matt Wells bashing session / fight between the cheerleaders and realists?

Oh, that's right.. the same way nearly EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this board gets turned into the exact same thing.

Tiring.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 3rd, 2016, 1:53 pm

USUBlue wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
Yeah, we hear about it from players and their friends. Should USU make relevant announcements?
I think it's unnecessary.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 3rd, 2016, 5:50 pm

USUBlue wrote:
Zaggie07 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:I would agree with you with GA teams and the inherited teams that Wells got, but this is a new day and other teams are going to start beating us. I think winning 1 road game is our max this year (probably CSU), and with a loss to SDSU, that makes for a 5-7 season and our 2nd straight losing year. Dang!! I hate reality sometimes, but I refuse to live in fantasy.

Not predicting the future from nothing -- we have watched Wells coach for 3 1/2 years; the trends are obvious to those that don't live in denial. Go back to any coaching staff, within 2-3 years they are what they are. It changes very little. GA had a tough struggle but by the middle end of the 2nd year, you could start seeing a consistent toughness and edge that was building. I was not surprised when he started to win in his 3rd year. With Wells, you could see in the 2nd year that the offense had not developed an identity and that unless a dramatic change happened, we would start losing because the defense was going to start losing players and Orlando. Trends are easy to see if you're looking. The trend says Wells will have USU at about .500 for the balance of his coaching -- I want better.
Yeah, that Hawai'i game our second year really showed some serious toughness. Trends, trends, trends...

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Locked Previous topicNext topic