Tre Miller

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SasquatchAggie
Has thanked: 0

Tre Miller

Post by SasquatchAggie » March 15th, 2017, 10:47 am

Does anyone know what happened to him? Rumor has it he is at Utah? If true, that is a bummer. I was excited to see him up here and now he will be buried on the bench at Utah for 4 years.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Tre Miller

Post by aggies22 » March 15th, 2017, 11:33 am

His twitter account states that he is a RB at the University of Utah. I have my own personal feelings about this but I'll be better served by keeping them to myself.

GUS

Post by GUS » March 15th, 2017, 11:37 am

I wondered why he didn't show up on the new signee list when Scout had been saying he was a commit for a long time.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 15th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Wow, I was hoping to open this thread and not see bad news regarding Miller. :disappointed: :wtf:

I thought he had come home from his mission early and was going to appear with the rest of the return missionary signees later this year. I know BYU and Sitake came after him pretty hard right when he committed to USU in Jan. of '16. I was hoping to see him in the mix at RB after this year.

Yet another example of a commitment that meant ZERO from a missionary recruit. Have to really start questioning how smart it is to go after these guys and invest so much time and effort into them when they will ultimately just sign with someone like Utah that showed no interest in them initially but often go shopping from our local commitment list whenever they feel the need.

jrj84105
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jrj84105 » March 16th, 2017, 7:06 am

A program outside of BYU, Utah, or USU needs to proposea change to the Reilly Nelson Rule.

Pertinent rules as currently constructed:
NCAA wrote:
12.8.1 Five-Year Rule. A student-athlete shall complete his or her seasons of participation within five calendar years from the beginning of the semester or quarter in which the student-athlete first registered for a minimum full-time program of studies in a collegiate institution, with time spent in the armed services, on official religious missions or with recognized foreign aid services of the U.S. government being excepted. For international students, service in the armed forces or on an official religious mission of the student’s home country is considered equivalent to such service in the United States. (Revised: 4/2/10, 7/31/14)

3. ONE-YEAR ABSENCE: If a prospective student-athlete has not attended any institution (two-year
or four-year) for at least one academic year, he or she may seek to apply the one-year
absence. Service in active duty with the U.S. armed forces or an official church mission for at
least 12 months can use the One-Year Absence to null and void the NLI.

To apply the one-year absence, the prospective student-athlete must make a request to the director
of athletics of the signing institution for athletics aid for the ensuing fall term. If the prospective
student-athlete receives a statement from the director of athletics indicating the amount of
financial aid originally offered is not available, the NLI shall be declared null and void and
recorded as such with the NLI office. Absent such a statement from the director of athletics, the
NLI is considered binding.
The needed rule change is simple and is completely consistent with the eligibilty clock feezing during a mission. The LOI clock needs to freeze as well:
Service in active duty with the U.S. armed forces or an official church mission for at
least 12 months MAY NOT use the One-Year Absence to null and void the NLI.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 16th, 2017, 7:39 am

I doubt transferring will ever be more restrictive than it currently is.

antibluehair

Post by antibluehair » March 16th, 2017, 8:03 am

Guy comes home from his mission early - Utah State doesn't have a spot and he walks on at Utah -
So be it. I wouldn't let this case of all cases bother you.
The LOI does not void during a mission.
Coaches do however need to make Utah State a place that a guy like Joe Tukuafu wants to play though.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 16th, 2017, 8:30 am

antibluehair wrote:Guy comes home from his mission early - Utah State doesn't have a spot and he walks on at Utah -
So be it. I wouldn't let this case of all cases bother you.
The LOI does not void during a mission.
Coaches do however need to make Utah State a place that a guy like Joe Tukuafu wants to play though.
Coaches must have liked Eltoro Allen more. I hope they are right. I'm not a coach but I would have taken Miller. A freshman with a lot of offers etc. But I hope I'm wrong.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 16th, 2017, 11:12 am

Or, with the way our program has regressed over the past two seasons, maybe he's looking for greener pastures rather than being in the middle of a borderline dumpster fire.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » March 19th, 2017, 7:18 pm

Obviously BYU and Utah are doing better than us, but also you have to wonder if a decision to pick one school over another is based mostly on playing time right? If he is going to be a bottom dweller on the depth chart at Utah, why play there? You have to wonder.

holliebelair

Post by holliebelair » July 12th, 2017, 9:26 am

Tré Miller is currently at USU and is practicing with the team as I type this.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 12th, 2017, 9:38 am

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 12th, 2017, 9:39 am

holliebelair wrote:Tré Miller is currently at USU and is practicing with the team as I type this.
Last edited by taniataylor on July 12th, 2017, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 12th, 2017, 9:46 am

holliebelair wrote:Tré Miller is currently at USU and is practicing with the team as I type this.
Are you able to confirm this? This is the first I've heard of this.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 12th, 2017, 9:50 am

You obviously have ties to him by the looks of your twitter account so I have to believe what you say is true. Do you happen to know how or why this came about? Tre was gushing about walking on at Utah in that article just a few months ago. I'm sure his status as preferred walkon at Utah has not changed so??? :headscratch: Perhaps coach Wells suddenly found a scholarship for him this season?

That would be quite interesting given the rumor of no scholarships for missionaries that were actually scheduled to be back this year. With Miller returning early from his mission, his scholarship wasn't scheduled to be available yet.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 12th, 2017, 9:53 am

Aglicious wrote:
You obviously have ties to him by the looks of your twitter account so I have to believe what you say is true. Do you happen to know how or why this came about? Tre was gushing about walking on at Utah in that article just a few months ago. I'm sure his status as preferred walkon at Utah has not changed so??? :headscratch: Perhaps coach Wells suddenly found a scholarship for him this season?

That would be quite interesting given the rumor of no scholarships for missionaries that were actually scheduled to be back this year. With Miller returning early from his mission, his scholarship wasn't scheduled to be available yet.
Maybe this is the big surprise MW said was going to take place during the summer??????

holliebelair

Post by holliebelair » July 12th, 2017, 9:55 am

Yes I am his mother. He is there and had his first full practice yesterday. I can't say why Tré made rash decisions when he came home from his mission, but he is where he is supposed to be now. I would rather not comment on the scholarship situation, because I am just the mom and I think the coaches would be better to ask. I will say that I am super excited to see him up there and whether it's this year or next, I am looking forward to seeing him play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 12th, 2017, 9:58 am

holliebelair wrote:Yes I am his mother. He is there and had his first full practice yesterday. I can't say why Tré made rash decisions when he came home from his mission, but he is where he is supposed to be now. I would rather not comment on the scholarship situation, because I am just the mom and I think the coaches would be better to ask. I will say that I am super excited to see him up there and whether it's this year or next, I am looking forward to seeing him play.

YESSSSS!!!! Hi Hollie!

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 12th, 2017, 10:03 am

holliebelair wrote:Yes I am his mother. He is there and had his first full practice yesterday. I can't say why Tré made rash decisions when he came home from his mission, but he is where he is supposed to be now. I would rather not comment on the scholarship situation, because I am just the mom and I think the coaches would be better to ask. I will say that I am super excited to see him up there and whether it's this year or next, I am looking forward to seeing him play.

Understood and thank you for bringing the good news! I think we're all happy to see him end up in Logan.

Oh, and welcome to our little home on the internet.

holliebelair

Post by holliebelair » July 12th, 2017, 10:05 am

taniataylor wrote:

YESSSSS!!!! Hi Hollie!
Hello! Not sure how to use this app yet, so hope you are seeing this.

holliebelair

Post by holliebelair » July 12th, 2017, 10:07 am

taniataylor wrote:
Aglicious wrote:

Maybe this is the big surprise MW said was going to take place during the summer??????
Uhhh I don't know anything about that. I'm not even sure he will get to play this year, but of course, I sure hope he will!

holliebelair

Post by holliebelair » July 12th, 2017, 10:08 am

aggies22 wrote:
Yes, I am his mother.

holliebelair

Post by holliebelair » July 12th, 2017, 10:12 am

Aglicious wrote:

Understood and thank you for bringing the good news! I think we're all happy to see him end up in Logan.

Oh, and welcome to our little home on the internet.
Thank you! I am happy he is in Logan too! He's a great kid and an awesome athlete and I'm excited to see what he can do with USU!

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 12th, 2017, 11:09 am

holliebelair wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Yes, I am his mother.

Haha! Well I guess you of all people would know. Welcome back to Aggie Nation! Can you tell us what position he is playing and if he is on scholarship this year? You can PM me if need be.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 12th, 2017, 11:13 am

This is great news.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » July 12th, 2017, 11:41 am

This is wonderful news Hollie! I'm thrilled about this, and appreciate you bringing it to us all here. Welcome to the family!

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » July 12th, 2017, 11:53 am

Fantastic news!

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » July 12th, 2017, 12:01 pm

I'll just pile on here Hollie and also say thanks for the good news! We love hearing info like this here on the message board too, so thanks for coming on and giving us the update.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » July 12th, 2017, 12:17 pm

I think Tre could get PT this year. I love his tape and I'm so glad/relieved/excited he's an Aggie.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » July 12th, 2017, 12:29 pm

That is the perfect response.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » July 12th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Great news. I look forward to seeing Tre on the field as well. Happy to have him!

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » July 12th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Just a refresher on Mr. Miller's game:

He is 6'1" and 215 as of his senior year. Over 4,300 all purpose yards in his career.

GUS

Post by GUS » July 12th, 2017, 3:15 pm

I like his senior year highlights. He doesn't go down after first contact unlike some of our current smaller backs.

Aggs&Jazz12

Post by Aggs&Jazz12 » July 12th, 2017, 3:19 pm

This is awesome news. His highlight film makes him seem a man among boys (granted, his HS competition was pretty poor so they kind of were boys). Regardless, he can run through people, has great speed and pretty solid agility and vision. He should be able to become something really special.

Perhaps he can prove me wrong, but given the relative lateness of his arrival, he will likely be redshirting this year. This is a really good situation for him as Lajuan and Tonny are both Seniors, and Hervey is more of a speed back. We could very likely have a great USU running back on our hands again for a 4 year reign.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » July 12th, 2017, 3:40 pm

dyedblue wrote:
That is the perfect response.
Amen to that. When I read Hollie's post, it made me smile. :) Welcome to the board, Hollie.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Locked Previous topicNext topic