Heard it here first

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hawktro

Heard it here first

Post by hawktro » September 23rd, 2017, 9:29 pm

Usu is going to beat Ybu by 21+ points

dyedblue

Re: Heard it here first

Post by dyedblue » September 23rd, 2017, 9:32 pm

Believe it when I see it...I love that we have a little mo going into the game.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » September 23rd, 2017, 9:44 pm

I'll take it. However, I do believe we win, but by 7-10 points though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sambonethegreat
Has thanked: 0

Post by sambonethegreat » September 23rd, 2017, 9:50 pm

No idea which Aggie team shows up for Cougs. We can win, but... eh?

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 23rd, 2017, 10:01 pm

sambonethegreat wrote:No idea which Aggie team shows up for Cougs. We can win, but... eh?

Cool your jets a little. Idaho State beats SJSU by 3-4 TDS. That is the least talented, worst coach team the Aggies have played in a couple years. The Aggies have some players and BYU has been bad but Sitake's D vs. Myers and Wells...Could get ugly fast. Neither one players or coaches well respectively against average Ds.

I think maybe even my "Roll Tennessee" prediction may be exceeded by this one.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 23rd, 2017, 10:07 pm

SJSU had a lot of people out with injuries. I will give them a pass. BYU has had a week to rest. They have a new QB and need this win. I hope we bring our A game.

sambonethegreat
Has thanked: 0

Post by sambonethegreat » September 23rd, 2017, 10:11 pm

hickaggie wrote:
sambonethegreat wrote:No idea which Aggie team shows up for Cougs. We can win, but... eh?

Cool your jets a little. Idaho State beats SJSU by 3-4 TDS. That is the least talented, worst coach team the Aggies have played in a couple years. The Aggies have some players and BYU has been bad but Sitake's D vs. Myers and Wells...Could get ugly fast. Neither one players or coaches well respectively against average Ds.

All I said is we can win. BYU O hasn't played well against anybody, including their lone FCS game. I agree their D is strong, but I did see some creativity and consistency in our play-calling tonight, so that's encouraging.

Our O just needs to take care of the ball and use the TE a bunch. We will be in this game as long as we don't turn the ball over. Tonight was a good tune-up for a critical home stand.

elcheque2

Post by elcheque2 » September 23rd, 2017, 10:37 pm

We'll lose because of Myers. You heard it here first.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 23rd, 2017, 10:50 pm

elcheque2 wrote:We'll lose because of Myers. You heard it here first.

That's the way it will go. And the dunce on the sidelines will trot him out till the very end.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 23rd, 2017, 10:55 pm

hickaggie wrote:

I guess this is the new narrative. After ranting about the team quitting on Wells they went out and had a 51 point conference road win. I don't blame you though. It must have been a rough night watching the Aggies play so well. You might want to work on your English though. "Neither one players."

Today was awesome. :rock: Don't know about next week, but this is shaping up to be another great year under Wells. The only coach in Aggie history with 2 bowl wins, on the way to making it 3.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » September 23rd, 2017, 11:00 pm

This was a great confidence boost for the team and coaches. This will give me some anticipation for the zoobs. Their bye week will give them time to be a tough against us. Hoping for a similar result.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 23rd, 2017, 11:52 pm

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
hickaggie wrote:

I guess this is the new narrative. After ranting about the team quitting on Wells they went out and had a 51 point conference road win. I don't blame you though. It must have been a rough night watching the Aggies play so well. You might want to work on your English though. "Neither one players."

Today was awesome. :rock: Don't know about next week, but this is shaping up to be another great year under Wells. The only coach in Aggie history with 2 bowl wins, on the way to making it 3.
Maybe. I hope. But another good year for Wells..lol. This team was far worse than ISU and their season will bear that out. Myers is a stud against cupcakes that never hit back. Sorry I'm skeptical. The good news is USU has at least 3 more games against teams in the same bad territory. But anyone stupid enough to think that suddenly this team is gonna have a great year because they beat this SJSU team doesn't know what they're watching when they watch a football game.

I hope this gives the team confidence but Myers has not played well against an average defense or a below average defense in a long time. My biggest fear is that this team might squeak out 6 wins against possibly the worst schedule they have played since before the WAC days and they'll give Wells an extension. He is still a terrible coach and #2 doesn't belong on the field. And I'll say the same until the 2 of them prove me wrong against an FBS level D.

jackmormon
RIP

Post by jackmormon » September 23rd, 2017, 11:59 pm

The Debbie downers on the board are doing their best to suck any joy out of a blowout conference win on the road.

Well done. Dicks... :golfclap:

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 24th, 2017, 12:17 am

jackmormon wrote:The Debbie downers on the board are doing their best to suck any joy out of a blowout conference win on the road.

#yeahbutstill

Hail Aggies!

bigblue

Post by bigblue » September 24th, 2017, 12:27 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
jackmormon wrote:The Debbie downers on the board are doing their best to suck any joy out of a blowout conference win on the road.

#yeahbutstill

Screw your hashtag

bigblue

Post by bigblue » September 24th, 2017, 12:42 am

Personally I don't care how (I can't express myself without swearing) Sjsu is. We got a much needed road win. Got a win to start conference play. Absolutely dominated in a game that no one thought we would win by such a large margin. And most important, the team had some passion. Who can not like that?

This is good for our players build some confidence going into the BYU game. I do think we have a shot. A win on Friday would have us 3-2 and be on a roll. Another win will start to shift the direction of the program and every Aggie can should want that.

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » September 24th, 2017, 1:13 am

bigblue wrote:Personally I don't care how (I can't express myself without swearing) Sjsu is. We got a much needed road win. Got a win to start conference play. Absolutely dominated in a game that no one thought we would win by such a large margin. And most important, the team had some passion. Who can not like that?

This is good for our players build some confidence going into the BYU game. I do think we have a shot. A win on Friday would have us 3-2 and be on a roll. Another win will start to shift the direction of the program and every Aggie can should want that.

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 24th, 2017, 1:29 am

hickaggie wrote:
Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
hickaggie wrote:

Maybe. I hope. But another good year for Wells..lol. This team was far worse than ISU and their season will bear that out. Myers is a stud against cupcakes that never hit back. Sorry I'm skeptical. The good news is USU has at least 3 more games against teams in the same bad territory. But anyone stupid enough to think that suddenly this team is gonna have a great year because they beat this SJSU team doesn't know what they're watching when they watch a football game.

I hope this gives the team confidence but Myers has not played well against an average defense or a below average defense in a long time. My biggest fear is that this team might squeak out 6 wins against possibly the worst schedule they have played since before the WAC days and they'll give Wells an extension. He is still a terrible coach and #2 doesn't belong on the field. And I'll say the same until the 2 of them prove me wrong against an FBS level D.
You must be one miserable old SOB. This team has flaws, Wells has flaws, but holy cow. I didn't see this coming at all. If this team has quit on Wells they sure didn't show it tonight. SJSU is an not a good football team, but this was virtually a toss up in Vegas and we came out playing inspired ball and walked away with a 51 point win.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 24th, 2017, 6:41 am

It's not being a negative or super down on the team when you want them to respond to adversity, in game, against a competitive team.

I don't believe they've quit on Wells, I think they don't respond well to going down 14-0 in the opening minutes of the first quarter of the game. I am concerned Myers doesn't know how to make good reads. I'm concerned we don't get enough pressure on the qb to beat the better teams on our schedule.

I still think we win 5 games, despite whatever sarcasm or dark humor I use in my posts. It's just so frustrating because I think we're capable of sooooooo much more. I think if we had a different approach to the offense altogether, and if we had what it took to dig deep and wrestle out a win, we could finish with 8 wins this year. I do think Jordan Love is the better quarterback and would not only change the tenor of the play on the field, but he'd run the offense better, which would keep the defense off the field and give them better field position to work with, and is worth at least 10 more points per game. Not that he'd be in the running for the Heisman or anything, just that he is the better passer would make better reads on the option.

I regret that my negativity brings other posters down, I don't mean to do that. Hopefully ya'll can cut me some slack.

:thanks:

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 24th, 2017, 7:16 am

TheAKAggie wrote:

#yeahbutstill

Not all the Debbie Downers. I am extremely happy with this win. If SJSU is really that terrible, then we did what a decent team should do to them.

This win gives me some hope. I think we probably lose to byu, but now I don't consider it a foregone conclusion.

:utah: :state:

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » September 24th, 2017, 7:32 am

I certainly will not make any grand pronouncements about the BYU game, and we know the transitive property does not work well in college football. But last week our top 25 ranked neighbors to the south beat San Jose State by 38 at home. USU just beat San Jose State by 51 on the road. I do not think this means USU is as good or better than Utah, but it does show that we should feel pretty darned satisfied at this win and that there is some reason for hope. History has me nervous for the BYU game, but BYU has looked pretty bad in all four games, USU has at least looked very strong in two of its games so far.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 24th, 2017, 7:59 am

NVAggie wrote:SJSU had a lot of people out with injuries. I will give them a pass. BYU has had a week to rest. They have a new QB and need this win. I hope we bring our A game.
They don't really need this win. BYU's season was destroyed the second they lost to LSU and they were automatically relegated to their pre-determined end-of-year bowl game. They have 6 more wins automatically built in to the end of their schedule.

1 - East Carolina (ranked 122)
2 - San Jose State (138)
3 - Fresno (129)
4 - UNLV (113)
5 - UMASS (164)
6 - Hawaii (100)

Well done, zoobs. They could even lose one of those games against a sub-100 team and still go bowling. And that's if we manage to beat them. We're still ranked 112 ourselves.

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » September 24th, 2017, 8:06 am

AgMac wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

#yeahbutstill

Not all the Debbie Downers. I am extremely happy with this win. If SJSU is really that terrible, then we did what a decent team should do to them.

This win gives me some hope. I think we probably lose to byu, but now I don't consider it a foregone conclusion.

:utah: :state:
This is why you're my favorite Debbie Downer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » September 24th, 2017, 8:27 am

Downer here. Usu doesn't score 21

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 24th, 2017, 8:31 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:Downer here. Usu doesn't score 21

If that's the case, as long as we score 20 and they score 19, I don't give a damn.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 24th, 2017, 8:31 am

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
hickaggie wrote:

You are a true idiot who has no clue about football or me. I was impressed by the Aggies last night. I always want them to be successful. I'll eat my words in a hurry if they continue it. I want Wells to become a good coach.

I just said to cool your heals until we see if Myers and Wells can replicate it against a couple average defenses in The zoobs, Boise, afa EXC. Experience shows they wont. I'd be estatic to be proven wrong.

It's just me. As a player and a fan I get no lasting excitement on beating on hapless dregs. Show me what you can do when you get hit back. The Aggies need to learn how to hit back still.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 24th, 2017, 8:43 am

dyedblue wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
hickaggie wrote:

You must be one miserable old SOB. This team has flaws, Wells has flaws, but holy cow. I didn't see this coming at all. If this team has quit on Wells they sure didn't show it tonight. SJSU is an not a good football team, but this was virtually a toss up in Vegas and we came out playing inspired ball and walked away with a 51 point win.

Hick, I just want to know if you really consider yourself a miserable old SOB? If so, I guess you heard it hear first! :cheers:

GUS

Post by GUS » September 24th, 2017, 9:04 am

hickaggie wrote:

That's the way it will go. And the dunce on the sidelines will trot him out till the very end.
I think I've seen a large enough sample of Love to know that KM is the better QB right now. MW would be a dunce not to trot him out until we something better. I hope Love keeps getting some playing time, but if he is our starter we are in trouble.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 24th, 2017, 9:12 am

GUS wrote:
hickaggie wrote:

I think I've seen a large enough sample of Love to know that KM is the better QB right now. MW would be a dunce not to trot him out until we something better. I hope Love keeps getting some playing time, but if he is our starter we are in trouble.
Love still makes throws that KM can't. He made a few deep out throws on the money to the far side of the field. KM is not capable of that. Love gets a lot of balls tipped, though. I think Love has a stronger arm, and KM has better legs. Don't know who is better.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » September 24th, 2017, 9:16 am

Myers tends to play much better at home. I think it's a close game on Friday.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 24th, 2017, 10:01 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:Myers tends to play much better at home. I think it's a close game on Friday.

That is true.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » September 24th, 2017, 10:04 am

Over reaction theater here.... We'll find out who this team is over the next three weeks. We don't know yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 24th, 2017, 10:17 am

Crazy to think that we are 1/3 of the way through the season and we don’t know what this team is.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 24th, 2017, 10:25 am

aggies22 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
hickaggie wrote:

Hick, I just want to know if you really consider yourself a miserable old SOB? If so, I guess you heard it hear first! :cheers:

I can be an SOB but I don't think I'm a miserable one. Kind of been an irritable SOB with a torn meniscus and the football season only months away..lol

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 24th, 2017, 10:32 am

NVAggie wrote:Crazy to think that we are 1/3 of the way through the season and we don’t know what this team is.
It's a very young team and young teams tend to get much better as the season progresses. This gives a reason for hope, but still, there is Myers.

Locked Previous topicNext topic