Was that really PI?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
stwinward

Was that really PI?

Post by stwinward » October 14th, 2017, 8:10 pm

I was right on top of the PI call before the half. I thought it was defensive and our guy made a good move to go get the ball. I didn't see replays, so what's the consensus?

I ask because you could argue that one call loses us the game. It cost us 4 points. It also may have cost Love some confidence and momentum, which in turn lead to the return of Myers which also cost us the game.

dyedblue

Re: Was that really PI?

Post by dyedblue » October 14th, 2017, 8:13 pm

I wanted to see a good replay, it looked to me like there was a lot of jostling for position and Tarver went and got it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

stwinward

Post by stwinward » October 14th, 2017, 8:15 pm

What I saw was the ball in the air and the defender impeding his path to the ball. Tarver goes through the defender for the catch because that was the only way to the ball. If the defender was playing clean, Tarver doesn't have to go through him and catches it either way.

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » October 14th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Facebook didn't have a good replay of it.

USUFans’ resident band nerd
Providing useless “insider” info since 2013
Go Aggies!!!

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 14th, 2017, 8:17 pm

stwinward wrote:What I saw was the ball in the air and the defender impeding his path to the ball. Tarver goes through the defender for the catch because that was the only way to the ball. If the defender was playing clean, Tarver doesn't have to go through him and catches it either way.
Had an excellent view of it. Horrible call. He never pushed off and has a right to the ball.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 14th, 2017, 8:17 pm

stwinward wrote:What I saw was the ball in the air and the defender impeding his path to the ball. Tarver goes through the defender for the catch because that was the only way to the ball. If the defender was playing clean, Tarver doesn't have to go through him and catches it either way.
Had an excellent view of it. Horrible call. He never pushed off and has a right to the ball.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 14th, 2017, 8:19 pm

hickaggie wrote:
Poor Love couldn't catch a break. He threw another perfect pass to the corner after that and our two receivers fought for it, collided, and dropped it.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 15th, 2017, 3:18 pm

We just need to accept that we will always have crappy refs in college. If they are decent, they don't stay in college long, they get poached by the NFL.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » October 15th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Disagree. The flag was thrown a bit late. I was laughing that a flag wasn't thrown... Then it was. Absolutely looked like an offensive PI from my seats.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic