How regretful is Tukuafu right now?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
jpswensen

How regretful is Tukuafu right now?

Post by jpswensen » October 22nd, 2017, 11:07 pm

He might not have seen much playing time this year, but he transferred into the throes of mediocrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: How regretful is Tukuafu right now?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 22nd, 2017, 11:20 pm

He left mediocrity. What he transferred into is far worse than mediocrity.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » October 22nd, 2017, 11:38 pm

Lol I had a similar thought earlier this year. Same with rayshad Lewis

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 23rd, 2017, 6:21 am

Joe will be fine, he gets to continue losing with the rest of his East High buddies that honor code college poached from the schools they first signed with. Rayshad gets to be closer to daddy Ray, so it's all good there too.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 23rd, 2017, 8:27 am

I’m fine with losing Rayshad. Nathan is better. Don’t know what Joe would have been for us. I never like to lose good talent.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » October 23rd, 2017, 8:39 am

aggies22 wrote:Joe will be fine, he gets to continue losing with the rest of his East High buddies that honor code college poached from the schools they first signed with. Rayshad gets to be closer to daddy Ray, so it's all good there too.
Like NVaggie said, Nathan is a better talent so I don't care much. Watching the Big10 though, I really wonder if he's gonna shine enough in such a deep conference. Woof :noidea:

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 23rd, 2017, 8:42 am

Maverik_Aggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:Joe will be fine, he gets to continue losing with the rest of his East High buddies that honor code college poached from the schools they first signed with. Rayshad gets to be closer to daddy Ray, so it's all good there too.
Like NVaggie said, Nathan is a better talent so I don't care much. Watching the Big10 though, I really wonder if he's gonna shine enough in such a deep conference. Woof :noidea:
The answer is no. He could have had a solid career here regardless if he played offense or defense.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » October 23rd, 2017, 8:48 am

What's going on at BYU is all based on a myth: Tanner Mangum won several games on improbable last plays or last second wins, and the BYU faithful annointed him the next coming of [insert BYU legend here], who would lead their program to another national championship. In reality, he took advantage of insanely tall receivers who outjumped peewee defensive backs and scored a couple of wins that BYU proabably shouldn't have gotten in reality. Now that he has to do it every game, his style of play doesn't translate as readily to "superstar" status as all of the BYU apologists thought it would. The announcers on Saturday night's game (I tuned in after finding out BYU was behind), we're openly calling for BYU to make the change to another QB. I don't think Critchlow is the answer. I think if Hoge is healthy it would be him.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » October 23rd, 2017, 8:54 am

aggies22 wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:
The answer is no. He could have had a solid career here regardless if he played offense or defense.
1000% agree. David Collette too.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » October 23rd, 2017, 8:56 am

AggiesForever wrote:What's going on at BYU is all based on a myth: Tanner Mangum won several games on improbable last plays or last second wins, and the BYU faithful annointed him the next coming of [insert BYU legend here], who would lead their program to another national championship. In reality, he took advantage of insanely tall receivers who outjumped peewee defensive backs and scored a couple of wins that BYU proabably shouldn't have gotten in reality. Now that he has to do it every game, his style of play doesn't translate as readily to "superstar" status as all of the BYU apologists thought it would. The announcers on Saturday night's game (I tuned in after finding out BYU was behind), we're openly calling for BYU to make the change to another QB. I don't think Critchlow is the answer. I think if Hoge is healthy it would be him.
Many ignorant fans thought all of this. I really don't doubt BYU has all option on the table looking at different conferences to join. This will likely take years to recover for them.

I'm not complaining though :stirpot:

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 23rd, 2017, 9:00 am

Maverik_Aggie wrote:
AggiesForever wrote:What's going on at BYU is all based on a myth: Tanner Mangum won several games on improbable last plays or last second wins, and the BYU faithful annointed him the next coming of [insert BYU legend here], who would lead their program to another national championship. In reality, he took advantage of insanely tall receivers who outjumped peewee defensive backs and scored a couple of wins that BYU proabably shouldn't have gotten in reality. Now that he has to do it every game, his style of play doesn't translate as readily to "superstar" status as all of the BYU apologists thought it would. The announcers on Saturday night's game (I tuned in after finding out BYU was behind), we're openly calling for BYU to make the change to another QB. I don't think Critchlow is the answer. I think if Hoge is healthy it would be him.
Many ignorant fans thought all of this. I really don't doubt BYU has all option on the table looking at different conferences to join. This will likely take years to recover for them.

Now is the perfect time to sight their poor record and apparent downward trend of the program as the reasons for exclusion from the Mountain West, if the topic were to ever come up in serious discussion. The conversation should be this short. "Do we really want honor code college dragging the conference down? I mean we already have Hawaii." End of conversation.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 23rd, 2017, 9:23 am

NVAggie wrote:I’m fine with losing Rayshad. Nathan is better. Don’t know what Joe would have been for us. I never like to lose good talent.
Is there a limit on talented slot receivers? I wish we had both of them.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 23rd, 2017, 9:25 am

aggies22 wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:

Now is the perfect time to sight their poor record and apparent downward trend of the program as the reasons for exclusion from the Mountain West, if the topic were to ever come up in serious discussion. The conversation should be this short. "Do we really want honor code college dragging the conference down? I mean we already have Hawaii." End of conversation.
You're right, the conversation would be short, it would be "You want back in the MW? The answer is yes."

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 23rd, 2017, 9:30 am

NVAggie wrote:I’m fine with losing Rayshad. Nathan is better. Don’t know what Joe would have been for us. I never like to lose good talent.

I'm kinda partial to the Nathan fella myself.....+ he won't leave ----- just sayin :thanks:

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 23rd, 2017, 9:32 am

2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:

You're right, the conversation would be short, it would be "You want back in the MW? The answer is yes."
But hopefully the question is NEVER asked. They'll come begging and they need to be told no. Personally I'd tell them HELL NO but then they would have to regulate my class and I don't want to give them that opportunity.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 23rd, 2017, 9:34 am

taniataylor wrote:

I'm kinda partial to the Nathan fella myself.....+ he won't leave ----- just sayin :thanks:
You're son finally had the breakout game I've been expecting since spring ball! If kids don't want to be here, then go, but if you want to leave for honor code college, I hope we make it very difficult to get there.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 23rd, 2017, 9:37 am

aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:

But hopefully the question is NEVER asked. They'll come begging and they need to be told no. Personally I'd tell them HELL NO but then they would have to regulate my class and I don't want to give them that opportunity.
I hate byu more than anybody, but I disagree, I hope they come back. Its nice to have conference mates that fill 60k stadiums and a conference with good teams. The more good teams the better. We have enough SJSU's and Hawaii's. We need more Boise's and SDSU's.

(Yes, byu is horrible this year, but thats an anomaly and too small a sample size. Unfortunately byu won't stay down for long.)

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 23rd, 2017, 9:41 am

aggies22 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

You're son finally had the breakout game I've been expecting since spring ball! If kids don't want to be here, then go, but if you want to leave for honor code college, I hope we make it very difficult to get there.
and...I was there to see it!!!

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 23rd, 2017, 9:46 am

2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:

I hate byu more than anybody, but I disagree, I hope they come back. Its nice to have conference mates that fill 60k stadiums and a conference with good teams. The more good teams the better. We have enough SJSU's and Hawaii's. We need more Boise's and SDSU's.

(Yes, byu is horrible this year, but thats an anomaly and too small a sample size. Unfortunately byu won't stay down for long.)
I am probably being petty (I don't care) but I think we should do everything in our power as a member institution of the MWC to keep them down. Eye for an eye.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » October 23rd, 2017, 10:03 am

aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:

I am probably being petty (I don't care) but I think we should do everything in our power as a member institution of the MWC to keep them down. Eye for an eye.

Also eye for an eye with what happened with the WAC. :stirpot:

#NeverForget

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » October 23rd, 2017, 10:19 am

2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Maverik_Aggie wrote:

:wtf: Are you sure that you hate them more than I do? :nono:
Last edited by thansen on October 23rd, 2017, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » October 23rd, 2017, 10:42 am

2004AG wrote:
Agreed. Having both would certainly not be a problem. I really like Nathan, and he's set up for a great USU career. I disagree that he's more talented though, Rayshad is a really special player.

I also very highly doubt he's "regretting" his decision right now. The kid spent his childhood in Baltimore and now he's back home and playing for a B1G team with an excellent coach, and which would very likely be doing well if they weren't on their 4th string quarterback. They'll be decent the next few years and he'll be a big part of that offense.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 23rd, 2017, 10:53 am

We don’t need more players with over-inflated egos. Glad Rayshad is gone.

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » October 23rd, 2017, 11:31 am

bleu wrote:
2004AG wrote:
Agreed. Having both would certainly not be a problem. I really like Nathan, and he's set up for a great USU career. I disagree that he's more talented though, Rayshad is a really special player.

I also very highly doubt he's "regretting" his decision right now. The kid spent his childhood in Baltimore and now he's back home and playing for a B1G team with an excellent coach, and which would very likely be doing well if they weren't on their 4th string quarterback. They'll be decent the next few years and he'll be a big part of that offense.
Lol. He is good, but remember when he got chased down from behind and couldn't breakaway from MW linebackers? Maybe he does end up doing well at Maryland against the defenses of Michigan, OSU, michigan St, Penn state, Iowa, etc. but I strongly doubt this Small fish in a big pond

Locked Previous topicNext topic