TV for Hawaii

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggiefan27
Posts: 35
Joined: December 7th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

TV for Hawaii

Post by Aggiefan27 » November 7th, 2017, 12:48 pm

I see that TV coverage for Hawaii game will be on Spectrum. Is that a Hawaii network? Will there be any online stream or how will we be able to see this game?



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8779
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 436 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by ViAggie » November 7th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Aggiefan27 wrote:I see that TV coverage for Hawaii game will be on Spectrum. Is that a Hawaii network? Will there be any online stream or how will we be able to see this game?
Awesome, I'll set to record.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12666
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 659 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by ProvoAggie » November 7th, 2017, 1:20 pm

I don't believe we'll have any way to watch. I've emailed Spectrum a few times about it with no response.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14932
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by treesap32 » November 7th, 2017, 3:03 pm

It seems that Hawaii has somehow managed to have most of their games available exclusively on pay per view. The sad part is that the pay per view appears to only be available if you are in Hawaii. More than one of their road games were only viewable in the state of Hawaii, and I believe that will be the case for our game. I have no idea how the MW Conference thinks this is a good thing.



User avatar
WAaggieFan
Posts: 3200
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:02 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by WAaggieFan » November 7th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Sheesh! Football member only and only viewable in HI? Talk about not contributing. And some people want to kick out SJSU? :noidea: :pirate:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggiefan27
Posts: 35
Joined: December 7th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by Aggiefan27 » November 7th, 2017, 10:58 pm

treesap32 wrote:It seems that Hawaii has somehow managed to have most of their games available exclusively on pay per view. The sad part is that the pay per view appears to only be available if you are in Hawaii. More than one of their road games were only viewable in the state of Hawaii, and I believe that will be the case for our game. I have no idea how the MW Conference thinks this is a good thing.
This is crazy. I kinda could see it if we were playing at Hawaii. But for a home game in Logan. Really sad



User avatar
AGNUMPI
Posts: 1268
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by AGNUMPI » November 8th, 2017, 5:12 am

Someone needs to facebook live this thing.


"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14932
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by treesap32 » November 8th, 2017, 7:36 am

Aggiefan27 wrote:
treesap32 wrote:It seems that Hawaii has somehow managed to have most of their games available exclusively on pay per view. The sad part is that the pay per view appears to only be available if you are in Hawaii. More than one of their road games were only viewable in the state of Hawaii, and I believe that will be the case for our game. I have no idea how the MW Conference thinks this is a good thing.
This is crazy. I kinda could see it if we were playing at Hawaii. But for a home game in Logan. Really sad
Exactly. It's mind boggling.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1802
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 632 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by JSHarvey » November 8th, 2017, 8:13 am

No chat link?


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5367
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 8th, 2017, 8:15 am

JSHarvey wrote:No chat link?
If the game isn't being broadcast anywhere on TV or online, how exactly is chat going to get the stream up?



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16544
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 787 times
Been thanked: 696 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by NVAggie » November 8th, 2017, 8:25 am

I believe the 2011 Halo in Hawaii game was on chat.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12666
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 659 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by ProvoAggie » November 8th, 2017, 8:39 am

NVAggie wrote:I believe the 2011 Halo in Hawaii game was on chat.
That game was also on ESPN3. Games can only be on chat if they are available to someone that doesn't live in Hawaii.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16544
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 787 times
Been thanked: 696 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by NVAggie » November 8th, 2017, 9:02 am

I guess I will need to head to Hawaii then.



User avatar
ultramagnus
Posts: 453
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 2 times

TV for Hawaii

Post by ultramagnus » November 8th, 2017, 10:15 am

Both Mattsarz and the Watchstadium app show it will be available for viewing on Stadium. I don't know if it has regional restrictions but I watched some of the Hawaii at Umass game earlier this year with no problem. (FYI, both of those teams are really, really bad.)

Edit: apparently that game was on Umass' website. But I did watch UNLV play the Warriors and that game was indeed on Stadium.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5367
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 8th, 2017, 10:31 am

The Hawai’i football game will be distributed via the Mountain West Network and through the MW’s digital media partner Stadium on http://WatchStadium.com per Coleman Barnes, USU assistant VP.



AGGZILLA
Posts: 3097
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by AGGZILLA » November 8th, 2017, 10:35 am

swishh_15 wrote:The Hawai’i football game will be distributed via the Mountain West Network and through the MW’s digital media partner Stadium on http://WatchStadium.com per Coleman Barnes, USU assistant VP.
Exactly. I've been able to watch other Hawaii games for free this year on Stadium, including their road game this past weekend at UNLV. Should be no different, and in fact, maybe we'll have the pleasure of having USUFans favorite Robert Kekaula do the pbp. He did it last week in Vegas.


"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

Jjoey52
Posts: 3384
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by Jjoey52 » November 8th, 2017, 10:41 am

Does anyone know if Pluto will carry it on their stadium feed?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

taniataylor
Posts: 1691
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 596 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by taniataylor » November 8th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Does any of this mean I'll be able to watch it on my DISH extended package that has that ROOT channel??


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12666
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 659 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by ProvoAggie » November 8th, 2017, 2:14 pm

taniataylor wrote:Does any of this mean I'll be able to watch it on my DISH extended package that has that ROOT channel??
It won't be viewable at all on Cable or Satellite but it does sound like it will be streaming on the web.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14932
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by treesap32 » November 8th, 2017, 3:00 pm

AGGZILLA wrote:
swishh_15 wrote:The Hawai’i football game will be distributed via the Mountain West Network and through the MW’s digital media partner Stadium on http://WatchStadium.com per Coleman Barnes, USU assistant VP.
Exactly. I've been able to watch other Hawaii games for free this year on Stadium, including their road game this past weekend at UNLV. Should be no different, and in fact, maybe we'll have the pleasure of having USUFans favorite Robert Kekaula do the pbp. He did it last week in Vegas.
AGGZILLA, how were you able to find the Hawaii at UNLV game? If you go to the Mountain West Network at http://watchstadium.com and click on last Saturday November 4 it lists the Utah State at New Mexico game, but no Hawaii/UNLV game. I looked before the game and also afterwards for the archive and got nothing...

Also, if you go out to November 18 it does not currently list Hawaii at Utah State as a game that will be offered. It does list Fresno State at Wyoming, but no USU game. If anyone can find a link to the game please post it.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14932
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by treesap32 » November 8th, 2017, 3:26 pm

So it looks like these Hawaii games are ONLY available on the WatchStadium app. Not through watchstadium.com. You may also need to pay a video subscription fee to watch the live events. Not sure on that though.

Either way, you'll need to watch the game either on your android or apple phones or tablets. Sounds like there is no built in chromecast functionality, but you could try to do screen-casting from your 4-inch phone to your big screen :noidea:

VideoBot isn't compatible with that crap, so chat will be a no-go. How does Hawaii get away with sending their announcers to broadcast away games and charging everyone PPV to watch them only available on mobile devices? Makes no sense.

Regardless, good luck! I'll be in the stadium watching live.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by TheAKAggie » November 8th, 2017, 4:06 pm

treesap32 wrote:So it looks like these Hawaii games are ONLY available on the WatchStadium app. Not through watchstadium.com. You may also need to pay a video subscription fee to watch the live events. Not sure on that though.

Either way, you'll need to watch the game either on your android or apple phones or tablets. Sounds like there is no built in chromecast functionality, but you could try to do screen-casting from your 4-inch phone to your big screen :noidea:

VideoBot isn't compatible with that crap, so chat will be a no-go. How does Hawaii get away with sending their announcers to broadcast away games and charging everyone PPV to watch them only available on mobile devices? Makes no sense.

Regardless, good luck! I'll be in the stadium watching live.
I’ll have meats and cheeses before he game. No reindeer sadly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

bigwilly087
Posts: 958
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 5:43 pm
Location: Fruit Heights
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by bigwilly087 » November 8th, 2017, 4:17 pm

treesap32 wrote:So it looks like these Hawaii games are ONLY available on the WatchStadium app. Not through watchstadium.com. You may also need to pay a video subscription fee to watch the live events. Not sure on that though.

Either way, you'll need to watch the game either on your android or apple phones or tablets. Sounds like there is no built in chromecast functionality, but you could try to do screen-casting from your 4-inch phone to your big screen :noidea:

VideoBot isn't compatible with that crap, so chat will be a no-go. How does Hawaii get away with sending their announcers to broadcast away games and charging everyone PPV to watch them only available on mobile devices? Makes no sense.

Regardless, good luck! I'll be in the stadium watching live.
The broadcasts are on cable in Hawaii and can be purchased as single game PPV or I believe you can buy a package for all football games. That's the purpose of the broadcast, online stadium broadcasting is just for those that are out of Hawaii. I think it was a recent change to make it app only, and I know I read something about it being because mobile devices can't easily trick the geoblock while you can just use a VPN on PC. They are trying to make sure people in Hawaii can't watch the Stadium broadcast.



User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8097
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by BigBlueDart » November 8th, 2017, 5:59 pm

TheAKAggie wrote: I’ll have meats and cheeses before he game. No reindeer sadly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will not be able to partake as I have no mouth hole, but perhaps I will stop by and look longingly on said meats and cheeses.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk



AGGZILLA
Posts: 3097
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by AGGZILLA » November 9th, 2017, 9:03 am

treesap32 wrote:
November 8th, 2017, 3:00 pm
AGGZILLA, how were you able to find the Hawaii at UNLV game? If you go to the Mountain West Network at http://watchstadium.com and click on last Saturday November 4 it lists the Utah State at New Mexico game, but no Hawaii/UNLV game. I looked before the game and also afterwards for the archive and got nothing...

Also, if you go out to November 18 it does not currently list Hawaii at Utah State as a game that will be offered. It does list Fresno State at Wyoming, but no USU game. If anyone can find a link to the game please post it.
I didn't look on their website, but rather, I have the Stadium channel app on my Apple TV and have been able to watch a considerable amount of MW games there, for free. Last I looked, the game is on the schedule for the 18th.


"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14932
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by treesap32 » November 9th, 2017, 9:49 am

AGGZILLA wrote:
November 9th, 2017, 9:03 am
treesap32 wrote:
November 8th, 2017, 3:00 pm
AGGZILLA, how were you able to find the Hawaii at UNLV game? If you go to the Mountain West Network at http://watchstadium.com and click on last Saturday November 4 it lists the Utah State at New Mexico game, but no Hawaii/UNLV game. I looked before the game and also afterwards for the archive and got nothing...

Also, if you go out to November 18 it does not currently list Hawaii at Utah State as a game that will be offered. It does list Fresno State at Wyoming, but no USU game. If anyone can find a link to the game please post it.
I didn't look on their website, but rather, I have the Stadium channel app on my Apple TV and have been able to watch a considerable amount of MW games there, for free. Last I looked, the game is on the schedule for the 18th.
Interesting. Too bad they don't have a Roku app yet...



User avatar
WAaggieFan
Posts: 3200
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:02 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by WAaggieFan » November 9th, 2017, 10:00 am

treesap32 wrote:
AGGZILLA wrote:
November 9th, 2017, 9:03 am
treesap32 wrote:
November 8th, 2017, 3:00 pm
AGGZILLA, how were you able to find the Hawaii at UNLV game? If you go to the Mountain West Network at http://watchstadium.com and click on last Saturday November 4 it lists the Utah State at New Mexico game, but no Hawaii/UNLV game. I looked before the game and also afterwards for the archive and got nothing...

Also, if you go out to November 18 it does not currently list Hawaii at Utah State as a game that will be offered. It does list Fresno State at Wyoming, but no USU game. If anyone can find a link to the game please post it.
I didn't look on their website, but rather, I have the Stadium channel app on my Apple TV and have been able to watch a considerable amount of MW games there, for free. Last I looked, the game is on the schedule for the 18th.
Interesting. Too bad they don't have a Roku app yet...
I'd heard that a lot of the stadium broadcasts are available via PlutoTV on Roku though I haven't tried it. However, when in doubt, the TVcast Roku app can get the web stream to your TV via Roku. I do think the TVcast Chromecast app works better and seems less glitchy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



89LaytonAg
Posts: 48
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by 89LaytonAg » November 13th, 2017, 7:51 am

Watching David James last night on channel 2, his graphic showed our game being on espn3. Before I got too excited I checked out the watch ESPN site and our game is not listed. It would be nice to know where James got his info.



User avatar
jackmormon
RIP
Posts: 10564
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by jackmormon » November 13th, 2017, 9:24 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
November 8th, 2017, 5:59 pm
TheAKAggie wrote: I’ll have meats and cheeses before he game. No reindeer sadly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will not be able to partake as I have no mouth hole, but perhaps I will stop by and look longingly on said meats and cheeses.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk
How do you eat? Do you just zip your head off and stuff food in your esophagus?



User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8097
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by BigBlueDart » November 13th, 2017, 10:05 am

jackmormon wrote:
November 13th, 2017, 9:24 am
BigBlueDart wrote:
November 8th, 2017, 5:59 pm
TheAKAggie wrote: I’ll have meats and cheeses before he game. No reindeer sadly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will not be able to partake as I have no mouth hole, but perhaps I will stop by and look longingly on said meats and cheeses.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk
How do you eat? Do you just zip your head off and stuff food in your esophagus?



User avatar
WAaggieFan
Posts: 3200
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:02 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by WAaggieFan » November 13th, 2017, 9:03 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
jackmormon wrote:
November 13th, 2017, 9:24 am
BigBlueDart wrote:
November 8th, 2017, 5:59 pm
TheAKAggie wrote: I’ll have meats and cheeses before he game. No reindeer sadly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will not be able to partake as I have no mouth hole, but perhaps I will stop by and look longingly on said meats and cheeses.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk
How do you eat? Do you just zip your head off and stuff food in your esophagus?
Allow me to suggest a Pilson Feed Bag
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... 4244?snl=1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
tkmad
Posts: 1244
Joined: December 7th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by tkmad » November 17th, 2017, 12:55 pm

[attachment=0]Screenshot_20171117-124957.png[/attachmentu]

Was it confirmed if the stream on watch stadium.com requires subscription? Press release clearly states Hawaii spectrum stream is PPV but not clear on stadium stream.
Attachments
Screenshot_20171117-124957.png



bigwilly087
Posts: 958
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 5:43 pm
Location: Fruit Heights
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by bigwilly087 » November 17th, 2017, 2:54 pm

tkmad wrote:
November 17th, 2017, 12:55 pm
[attachment=0]Screenshot_20171117-124957.png[/attachmentu]

Was it confirmed if the stream on watch stadium.com requires subscription? Press release clearly states Hawaii spectrum stream is PPV but not clear on stadium stream.
As far as I know, no MW games require a subscription. I've watched Hawaii games in the past with no issue.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12666
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 659 times
Contact:

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by ProvoAggie » November 17th, 2017, 4:35 pm

The WatchStadium stream appears to be free but is not available on a computer. It's only available via their phone/smart TV app.



AGGZILLA
Posts: 3097
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: TV for Hawaii

Post by AGGZILLA » November 17th, 2017, 5:20 pm

tkmad wrote:
November 17th, 2017, 12:55 pm
[attachment=0]Screenshot_20171117-124957.png[/attachmentu]

Was it confirmed if the stream on watch stadium.com requires subscription? Press release clearly states Hawaii spectrum stream is PPV but not clear on stadium stream.
Sweet! So Robert Kekaula will be in Logan doing the pbp of the broadcast. Should be fun to watch for those not at the game.


"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

Locked Previous topicNext topic