Chuckie is back.

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tinplater
Posts: 641
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 8:07 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Chuckie Tweet

Post by tinplater » January 11th, 2018, 9:58 pm

"Thank you for the opportunity OSU. On to the next opportunity in coaching. I'M AVAILABLE"

A class guy, wonder what's up?



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3341
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by ratofallaggies » January 12th, 2018, 6:14 am

OSU has a brand new coaching staff



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by dyedblue » January 12th, 2018, 6:35 am

tinplater wrote:"Thank you for the opportunity OSU. On to the next opportunity in coaching. I'M AVAILABLE"

A class guy, wonder what's up?
I thought Gary took care of those guys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14906
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 506 times
Contact:

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by treesap32 » January 12th, 2018, 8:10 am

Bring him in.



tinplater
Posts: 641
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 8:07 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by tinplater » January 12th, 2018, 8:49 am

I hope USU attempts to add him to our staff. I would dread seeing him become a Ute.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2088
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by NavyBlueAggie » January 12th, 2018, 10:30 am

tinplater wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 8:49 am
I hope USU attempts to add him to our staff. I would dread seeing him become a Ute.
I hadn't thought about that potential until you mentioned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes.... I would note that professional coaches go where they can for the best deal they can arrange. It would be special to have him in Logan.



User avatar
dhilk3785
Posts: 1089
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 5:14 pm
Location: That City Down South, UT
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by dhilk3785 » January 13th, 2018, 8:55 am

Chuckie has been a grad assistant there for two years, so I'm assuming he's wrapping up his graduate program this spring and either way would have been looking for a full-time coaching role around this time, whether Gary was still there or not. Just would have probably been more likely for him to land at Oregon State if Gary stayed too.


"Try not to suck" - Joe Maddon

SLB
Posts: 2190
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 287 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by SLB » January 13th, 2018, 9:45 am

It would be awesome to have Chuckie back in Logan.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8637
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 426 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by ViAggie » January 17th, 2018, 9:51 am

So what's the latest on Chuckie? Is he coming back to Logan or what?


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9095
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4076 times
Been thanked: 2267 times
Contact:

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by aggies22 » January 17th, 2018, 10:19 am

ViAggie wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 9:51 am
So what's the latest on Chuckie? Is he coming back to Logan or what?
I doubt there is any room on the coaching staff for him.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7124
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1153 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by USU78 » January 17th, 2018, 11:30 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 10:19 am
ViAggie wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 9:51 am
So what's the latest on Chuckie? Is he coming back to Logan or what?
I doubt there is any room on the coaching staff for him.
A good coach can coach, especially when he never played the position. A former QB, for example, should be able to coach DBs.

And USU could use somebody on defense just now.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9095
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4076 times
Been thanked: 2267 times
Contact:

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by aggies22 » January 17th, 2018, 12:44 pm

USU78 wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 11:30 am
aggies22 wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 10:19 am
ViAggie wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 9:51 am
So what's the latest on Chuckie? Is he coming back to Logan or what?
I doubt there is any room on the coaching staff for him.
A good coach can coach, especially when he never played the position. A former QB, for example, should be able to coach DBs.

And USU could use somebody on defense just now.
While what you are saying is true to a degree. Jobs at the D-1 collegiate level are at a premium and typically a coach hired to coach a specific position has years of experience coaching and/or playing the spot. If Chuckie were to come here as a grad assistant for his third and final year of grad work, he would have to coach a different position to coach because I just can't see Coach Wells bumping the grandson of his mentor from helping coach the QB's.



AGGIEFIGHT
Posts: 551
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:46 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » January 17th, 2018, 1:10 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:44 pm


While what you are saying is true to a degree. Jobs at the D-1 collegiate level are at a premium and typically a coach hired to coach a specific position has years of experience coaching and/or playing the spot. If Chuckie were to come here as a grad assistant for his third and final year of grad work, he would have to coach a different position to coach because I just can't see Coach Wells bumping the grandson of his mentor from helping coach the QB's.
That GA (Kragthorpe) is no longer here he took a GA position at LSU



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 246
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by BustaMcNutt » January 17th, 2018, 1:47 pm

The coaching changes have been quiet. Are there many more we don't know about?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9095
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4076 times
Been thanked: 2267 times
Contact:

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by aggies22 » January 17th, 2018, 2:27 pm

AGGIEFIGHT wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 1:10 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:44 pm


While what you are saying is true to a degree. Jobs at the D-1 collegiate level are at a premium and typically a coach hired to coach a specific position has years of experience coaching and/or playing the spot. If Chuckie were to come here as a grad assistant for his third and final year of grad work, he would have to coach a different position to coach because I just can't see Coach Wells bumping the grandson of his mentor from helping coach the QB's.
That GA (Kragthorpe) is no longer here he took a GA position at LSU
I hadn't heard that yet but I know you wouldn't say it if it weren't true. Interesting, there is room for Chuckie after all.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8637
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 426 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by ViAggie » January 17th, 2018, 4:21 pm

That GA (Kragthorpe) is no longer here he took a GA position at LSU
Interesting....


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Ahbye
Posts: 1718
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by Ahbye » January 17th, 2018, 7:03 pm

We can hire a 10th coach now.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5356
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 370 times
Been thanked: 609 times

Chuckie is back.

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 18th, 2018, 8:53 am




User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1735
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by sam tingey » January 18th, 2018, 9:08 am

Be good to find out under what capacity. Still I am cautiously excited



User avatar
Maverik_Aggie
Posts: 1161
Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 10:21 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by Maverik_Aggie » January 18th, 2018, 9:09 am

I’m stoked! We have one of the best Aggies ever back with us. This can only benefit for good!



User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8095
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by BigBlueDart » January 18th, 2018, 9:11 am

There was a whole lot of "what if" tied to Chuckie's career here due to the injuries and trouble coming back to form. The good side of that coin is that while he spent all that time off the field he was still on the sidelines, often with a clipboard and a headset, learning to be a coach. This could end up being a really good thing for us.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5242
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by Aglicious » January 18th, 2018, 10:15 am

All I know is CK has a super positive attitude, great work ethic, and has been nothing but a wonderful representative of USU. I suspect he'll be loved by the players and be a great asset to the coaching staff in whatever capacity he is assigned.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1793
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by JSHarvey » January 18th, 2018, 10:35 am

Aglicious wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 10:15 am
All I know is CK has a super positive attitude, great work ethic, and has been nothing but a wonderful representative of USU. I suspect he'll be loved by the players and be a great asset to the coaching staff in whatever capacity he is assigned.
This! :-)


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

AGGIEFIGHT
Posts: 551
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:46 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » January 18th, 2018, 11:22 am

Chuckie tweeted that he's back- I guess its official

sorry- so this was already posted



utaggies
Posts: 4136
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by utaggies » January 18th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Sometimes it's tough to go home. Ty Detmer learned this. Chuckie's a legend at USU and a nice guy. But can he coach and can he make a difference? Spencer Nelson's return to USU to coach was widely cheered, including by me. I would dare to say that Spencer's professional experience and whatever name he has/had has not helped any with USU basketball attracting big men. Can Chuckie do better and if so, why?



aggiebydefault
Posts: 64
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 1:29 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by aggiebydefault » January 18th, 2018, 12:22 pm

utaggies wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 12:06 pm
Sometimes it's tough to go home. Ty Detmer learned this. Chuckie's a legend at USU and a nice guy. But can he coach and can he make a difference? Spencer Nelson's return to USU to coach was widely cheered, including by me. I would dare to say that Spencer's professional experience and whatever name he has/had has not helped any with USU basketball attracting big men. Can Chuckie do better and if so, why?
Imo chuckie's just a heck of a natural leader, it never seemed to take any effort from him and it never seemed forced. I think kids will respond to him regardless of which role he's in (I know nothing about what it takes to be a coach). I'm pumped as hell to see him on the sidelines again and hope he can get his coaching career on track after what seems to have been a mess in Corvallis.



inigo
Posts: 95
Joined: October 8th, 2013, 10:14 am
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by inigo » January 18th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Aglicious wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 10:15 am
All I know is CK has a super positive attitude, great work ethic, and has been nothing but a wonderful representative of USU. I suspect he'll be loved by the players and be a great asset to the coaching staff in whatever capacity he is assigned.
Agreed, he is going to help immensely with recruiting and building a positive environment in the locker room. He is so encouraging. He's one of those guys that everyone can't help but like and respect when they meet him.

I am SO excited to see him back in Logan!



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by bluegrouse » January 18th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Best news I’ve heard in quite a while! Love the kid.

Welcome home, CK!



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12653
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 566 times
Been thanked: 650 times
Contact:

Re: Chuckie Tweet

Post by ProvoAggie » January 18th, 2018, 1:13 pm

utaggies wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 12:06 pm
Sometimes it's tough to go home. Ty Detmer learned this. Chuckie's a legend at USU and a nice guy. But can he coach and can he make a difference? Spencer Nelson's return to USU to coach was widely cheered, including by me. I would dare to say that Spencer's professional experience and whatever name he has/had has not helped any with USU basketball attracting big men. Can Chuckie do better and if so, why?
The bigger problem with Detmer is that he was thrown into to large of a role without gaining the necessary experience. Chuckie isn't going to be our offensive coordinator right now. He is going to be a low level coach. Hopefully he will learn and grow to the point that he's ready for more responsibility.



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1919
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by AggiesForever » January 18th, 2018, 1:26 pm

In 2013 before the injury versus BYU, Chuckie was on a pace to throw 40 TD passes that year for over 3400 yards in just 13 games (By comparison NFL QB's routinely throw for 4000 yards these days in 16 games). That tackle interrupted what was shaping up to be the greatest quarterbacking season in USU history.

As it was in 5.25 games he had 136 completions in 196 attempts, 2 interceptions, 69.4 completion percentage for 1388 yards, 18 TD's and 231.3 yards per game with a QB rating of 157.14. Projected out over 13 games, Keeton would have finished with 337 completions (1st all time) in 485 attempts (1st) for 3436 yards (1st), with just 5 interceptions (1st), a 69 percent completion percentage (tied for 1st . . .with himself) and 40 TD's (1st). It was shaping up as truly a magical season. Looking at the career QB'ing stats, there is no doubt he would have owned every one of them.

Its easy for us all to remember the injured Chuckie, struggling to perform up to a standard that his knees would just not allow in his remaining seasons. But he is easily the greatest QB statistically in USU history. Lets hope that some of THAT rubs off on Messrs. Love, Colombi and associates.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 635
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 421 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by thegreendalegelf » January 18th, 2018, 1:39 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 1:26 pm
In 2013 before the injury versus BYU, Chuckie was on a pace to throw 40 TD passes that year for over 3400 yards in just 13 games (By comparison NFL QB's routinely throw for 4000 yards these days in 16 games). That tackle interrupted what was shaping up to be the greatest quarterbacking season in USU history.

As it was in 5.25 games he had 136 completions in 196 attempts, 2 interceptions, 69.4 completion percentage for 1388 yards, 18 TD's and 231.3 yards per game with a QB rating of 157.14. Projected out over 13 games, Keeton would have finished with 337 completions (1st all time) in 485 attempts (1st) for 3436 yards (1st), with just 5 interceptions (1st), a 68 percent completion percentage (2nd) and 40 TD's (1st). It was shaping up as truly a magical season. Looking at the career QB'ing stats, there is no doubt he would have owned every one of them.

Its easy for us all to remember the injured Chuckie, struggling to perform up to a standard that his knees would just not allow in his remaining seasons. But he is easily the greatest QB statistically in USU history. Lets hope that some of THAT rubs off on Messrs. Love, Colombi and associates.
Beautifully said.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9095
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4076 times
Been thanked: 2267 times
Contact:

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by aggies22 » January 18th, 2018, 2:06 pm

sam tingey wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 9:08 am
Be good to find out under what capacity. Still I am cautiously excited
He'll be in his third year as graduate assistant and he'll help coach the QB's. Chuckie is a student of the game and he will be a very good addition to this staff.



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2293
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by JonnyCienPesos » January 18th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Can someone please record a YouTube video of “Chuckie Keeton is coming to town”?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15710
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 538 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by QuackAttackAggie » January 18th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Chuckie is my favorite athlete in any sport at any level. Glad he’s back. Hope he can be successful for a long time.



User avatar
dhilk3785
Posts: 1089
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 5:14 pm
Location: That City Down South, UT
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Chuckie is back.

Post by dhilk3785 » January 18th, 2018, 3:17 pm

This is great news, welcome back Chuckie!


"Try not to suck" - Joe Maddon

Locked Previous topicNext topic