Roll Tide - Playing @ Bama in 2022

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
NVAggie
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: Roll Tide - Playing @ Bama in 2022

Post by NVAggie » May 16th, 2018, 10:06 am

I got you AK

LKGates
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LKGates » May 16th, 2018, 11:01 am

Machismo wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 2:19 pm
Tequilla Day when we played the boogers was always a good time. Still remember seeing people lying around in the bleachers after the Game.
Ah, yes! National Tequilla Day! IIRC, the rule was that it was the home game against BYU, or if there was no BYU home game, then the first home game against an in state opponent. I believe it was my junior year, 1980, and it was NTD. The day was gorgeous, sunny, not too warm. We were losing. I was sitting in the upper half of the student section. Two campus police officers were coming up the stairs on either side of a guy, holding him under the armpits, and dragging him up. He had vomit dripping off his beard. Just about the time he got even with me, he lifted his head up, looked at me, and said "Great Game!".

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

GUS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by GUS » May 16th, 2018, 11:19 am

Many on here are too young to remember the purple "Fiji bomb" that got carried to the games. I dated someone who lived across the street from the Fiji house on 5th North. Those boys knew how to party.

LKGates
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LKGates » May 16th, 2018, 12:58 pm

GUS wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 11:19 am
Many on here are too young to remember the purple "Fiji bomb" that got carried to the games. I dated someone who lived across the street from the Fiji house on 5th North. Those boys knew how to party.
As I recall, our very own JSHarvey was a Fiji. In fact, I think he even lived in the secret room they had on the second floor, behind the bookcase. I had some good friends who were Fijis. Bunch of drunken degenerates. :lol:

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

Ahbye
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Ahbye » May 18th, 2018, 10:09 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 9:59 am
Ahbye wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 2:00 pm
I do not know what would need to be done to have beer sales at Maverik stadium. I do not know how successful it would be, but we are up against a person sitting home in his lazy boy watching football on a big screen, with snack's and the beverage of his choice.

Maverik is a good place to watch a football game the chair seats are great field views are outstanding parking is fine, sound system video boards are much improved, concessions and tailgating needs to improve, rather beer sales would help or hurt I do not know for certain. We need to increased revenue from fans a whole lot, so what ever it takes. I do not drink beer at football games I prefer not to do that, but others may feel different.
This is the nail on the head. The beer garden idea was that particular Asst. AD's grand slam best idea. Everything after that was downhill. In some locales, it's a phenomenal idea. In our locale, we need to get people to the game before we start thinking of ways to drum up revenue selling beer to empty seats.
$5 for a stadium beer? Sign me up Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get it in the parking lot for free.

Locked Previous topicNext topic