More Bowl Games

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
thegreendalegelf

More Bowl Games

Post by thegreendalegelf » June 11th, 2018, 9:35 am

Three new bowl games to be added in 2020.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... gley-field

One in Chicago for the Big 10, One in Myrtle Beach for G5 teams, and one that hasn't been discussed.

The Big 10 is likely to cut their tie to the Foster Farms Bowl with the PAC12 since it is so far flung for their teams and not valuable enough. Here is where the Mountain West steps in. The Mountain West makes the Foster Farms bowl vs. the PAC 12 the new destination for the MW champion. The MW recovers after losing the Vegas Bowl and the PAC12 keep one of their bowl games.

89LaytonAg
Has thanked: 0

Re: More Bowl Games

Post by 89LaytonAg » June 11th, 2018, 12:26 pm

I like your thinking. Get Craig Thompson on the phone! Seriously what are our chances that the PAC-12 wouldn't try to just get another P5 conference?

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » June 12th, 2018, 4:54 pm

After going 1-8 last year the PAC may want to get the bowl with the Big Sky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bullshot

Post by bullshot » June 13th, 2018, 6:41 am

I hate that our championship team going to a “corporately owned/named” bowl game. It sounds cheezy. I know, I know, all these bowls are corporately sponsored, foster farms sounds too close to the gossner cheese bowl for my liking. Can’t we at least get the MW champs to the Holiday or Poinsttia. It just sounds better.

89LaytonAg
Has thanked: 0

Post by 89LaytonAg » June 13th, 2018, 8:12 am

The Poinsettia bowl would be my vote, but unfortunately they closed shop last year. Maybe we could get them to start a replacement. The difficulty is the uncertain future of Qualcom stadium.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » June 13th, 2018, 8:54 am

bullshot wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 6:41 am
I hate that our championship team going to a “corporately owned/named” bowl game. It sounds cheezy. I know, I know, all these bowls are corporately sponsored, foster farms sounds too close to the gossner cheese bowl for my liking. Can’t we at least get the MW champs to the Holiday or Poinsttia. It just sounds better.
Are you referring to the San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl and the now defunct San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl?

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » June 13th, 2018, 9:37 am

Those are the ones. They aren’t big sponsor names so I guess they are okay.

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » June 13th, 2018, 2:02 pm

bullshot wrote:I hate that our championship team going to a “corporately owned/named” bowl game. It sounds cheezy. I know, I know, all these bowls are corporately sponsored, foster farms sounds too close to the gossner cheese bowl for my liking. Can’t we at least get the MW champs to the Holiday or Poinsttia. It just sounds better.
You'll be happy to know that Foster Farms is no longer the title sponsor. Their 4 year agreement expired and they did not renew.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic