Do you think this would work at USU?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
thegreendalegelf

Do you think this would work at USU?

Post by thegreendalegelf » August 20th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Washington offers the "Husky Pass" and no it's not season tickets for larger fans. Its discounted season tickets ($250 for the year) but your seats change every game. So basically you can plan on getting the fairly far back but for games that don't sell well, you will get closer. The cheapest season tickets with guaranteed seats is $285 and those are the very back corners and there isn't a lot of seats available there. It then jumps to $475.

So would this work at USU? We commonly complain that fans are very frugal with their money and that we are low on season ticket sales. Our cheapest season tickets (non-family plan or recent grad) is $100. With Family plan its $70. How do you think it would go if USU offered an "Aggie Pass" that was $60 something that your seats changed game to game. Would that improve getting people in the stadium this year?

ineptimusprime

Re: Do you think this would work at USU?

Post by ineptimusprime » August 20th, 2018, 12:30 pm

I get the idea behind uptempo when it works, but the last few seasons it has seemed more like a crutch for us in that it has: (1) led to mistakes when plays seem too rushed; (2) led to those really predictable "hurry-up" run plays after big plays that get absolutely stuffed; and (3) resulted in really gassed defenses.

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » August 20th, 2018, 12:32 pm

Our tickets are already so cheap it’s ridiculous. But I like that ticket idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » August 20th, 2018, 1:12 pm

I like the idea, too, but not for $60.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 20th, 2018, 1:21 pm

I'm not sure it really matters in a stadium as small as ours. There really isn't a bad seat in the house. It's a difference between finding a seat in a 24,000 seat stadium versus a 70,000 seat venue.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 20th, 2018, 2:35 pm

From what I've heard, the AD is more concerned about pricing our stadium "in the ballpark" of our competitors prices than they are about putting more butts in the seats. Pricing our tickets at or near the bottom of that range is the goal, and they think that will make sufficient demand.

Now my opinion: that strategy doesn't seem to work to put butts in the seats unless the team is winning. It could be that we have enough die-hard football fans(fans that will be there no matter what at current prices) that we are maximizing profits at higher ticket prices and that by lowering ticket prices and putting more butts in the seats would actually bring in less money. I don't know.

This topic was addressed by John Hartwell at the Logan "State of the Aggies" event on Saturday. He said the question about ticket prices is quite popular right now and he hoped to address it.

Full

Post by Full » August 20th, 2018, 2:51 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:From what I've heard, the AD is more concerned about pricing our stadium "in the ballpark" of our competitors prices than they are about putting more butts in the seats. Pricing our tickets at or near the bottom of that range is the goal, and they think that will make sufficient demand.

Now my opinion: that strategy doesn't seem to work to put butts in the seats unless the team is winning. It could be that we have enough die-hard football fans(fans that will be there no matter what at current prices) that we are maximizing profits at higher ticket prices and that by lowering ticket prices and putting more butts in the seats would actually bring in less money. I don't know.

This topic was addressed by John Hartwell at the Logan "State of the Aggies" event on Saturday. He said the question about ticket prices is quite popular right now and he hoped to address it.
I see the student section as what could happen if the price was lowered. It doesn’t cost students any extra to get in, but late in season attendance drops. In basketball, it’s all about winning and the buzz on campus for the students. I do think if attendee is low the AD should be making every effort to get kids and families into the stadium. I think it’s the best way to build you fan base.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 20th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Price it at $110 or make all season tickets like this. What’s best about it, is the stadium will look less empty on TV.

The Marlins do this. They close off the upper deck for games that don’t sell...

89LaytonAg
Has thanked: 0

Post by 89LaytonAg » August 20th, 2018, 5:45 pm

My boss is a Bronco and mentioned this morning that he just bought this kind of season ticket for Boise. They are supposed to give seat assignments 2 days before a game. And cheaper than regular season tickets.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 20th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Man YOUR PEOPLE are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

sneed

Post by sneed » August 20th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Cool idea for basketball. For football it won’t help much for us. The stadium is small (and awesome) - people already sit wherever when it’s empty. I also don’t think lowering the price will help much - just win and people will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic