USU at BYU Ticket Discussion

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Davpmars
Been thanked: 0

USU at BYU Ticket Discussion

Post by Davpmars » August 28th, 2018, 7:32 am

Hey everyone,

It looks like I will only be able to go to one game this year. I want to see USU play BYU down in Provo. What is the best way to get tickets for this game? Here are my thoughts...

I don’t want BYU to profit from me more than necessary, will USU be getting any tickets that we can buy directly from USU ticket office?

Will there be a stadium section designated for USU or maybe a section where USU fans will generally sit?

What would be the cheapest route? Scalper? KSL? Or just good ole box office?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slcagg

Re: USU at BYU Ticket Discussion

Post by slcagg » August 28th, 2018, 7:55 am

Once byu starts out 1-4 you will probably be able find well priced tickets on ksl.

You can also buy directly from usu to sit in the visitors section. I think they are about $50.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 28th, 2018, 7:58 am

The visitor section is 21 and 22 up into 121 and 122 sometimes. If you buy from USU then they may get a bit of money but BYU get's most of it. Best prices are probably going to be on StubHub. There are already some sub $50 tickets in the north endzone on there and after they lose a couple of games they'll probably drop even more.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » August 28th, 2018, 8:10 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 7:58 am
The visitor section is 21 and 22 up into 121 and 122 sometimes. If you buy from USU then they may get a bit of money but BYU get's most of it. Best prices are probably going to be on StubHub. There are already some sub $50 tickets in the north endzone on there and after they lose a couple of games they'll probably drop even more.
I was under the impression that for away games, the away team buys tickets from the home team and then turns around to sell them. Is that not the case?

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 28th, 2018, 8:19 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 8:10 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 7:58 am
I was under the impression that for away games, the away team buys tickets from the home team and then turns around to sell them. Is that not the case?
That is most likely the case but the away team can also return unsold tickets. Since USU is paying BYU, most of the money goes to them. USU only get's to keep whatever amount they mark them up or ticket fee's.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » August 28th, 2018, 8:34 am

Welp! I’m not going to be able to make the game, so I’ll have 6 tickets. PM if interested

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 28th, 2018, 10:08 am

I sat in the end zone last time and we had a lot of fun doing the Scotsman ah such. It really was a great view of the field. Much better than the end zone in Maverik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » August 28th, 2018, 11:57 am

I’d stay away from the USU section, it’s in the corner and a bad angle. I’ve never liked sitting there. If I ever chose to go there again, no plans to, I’d pay to sit on the sides where the view is better of the field. No end zone for me in that stadium, hard to see. No depth perception and field is far away.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 28th, 2018, 12:40 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 11:57 am
I’d stay away from the USU section, it’s in the corner and a bad angle. I’ve never liked sitting there. If I ever chose to go there again, no plans to, I’d pay to sit on the sides where the view is better of the field. No end zone for me in that stadium, hard to see. No depth perception and field is far away.

They really should grab a fistful of that bottomless DoTerra/Young Living money to fix up that stadium. It looks something like the death star before it's completely put together. They could also expand capacity to 120,000 while they're at it, to accommodate the growth in Utah county along with all the hosts of heaven.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 28th, 2018, 12:42 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 12:40 pm
IdaAg93 wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 11:57 am

They really should grab a fistful of that bottomless DoTerra/Young Living money to fix up that stadium. It looks something like the death star before it's completely put together. They could also expand capacity to 120,000 while they're at it, to accommodate the growth in Utah county along with all the hosts of heaven.
Expanding the stadium is the last thing they should do. All it would do is make room for more a$$holes. Blow it up I say! Blow it up! And drop football while you're at it!

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » August 28th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Davpmars wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 7:32 am
Hey everyone,

It looks like I will only be able to go to one game this year. I want to see USU play BYU down in Provo. What is the best way to get tickets for this game? Here are my thoughts...

I don’t want BYU to profit from me more than necessary, will USU be getting any tickets that we can buy directly from USU ticket office?

Will there be a stadium section designated for USU or maybe a section where USU fans will generally sit?

I am praying for you. That place and stadium gives me the creeps. Too many bad experiences down there including 2011 and 2012. I just can't do it anymore.

buckfever

Post by buckfever » August 28th, 2018, 1:55 pm

Aggies 22. You make me chuckle. Spot on

captain68
Has thanked: 0

Post by captain68 » August 28th, 2018, 2:16 pm

I have attended my last game in that stadium. The last time I went I sat in the USU assigned seats. I couldn't see jack, and if something happened I had to wait for the replay on the big screen. Then there were the cougar fans.... it was a dark place....Never again!

Davpmars
Been thanked: 0

Post by Davpmars » August 28th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Dang... Some of these stories about hating that stadium do refresh my memory. I think the last time I was there was back in 2008. I appreciate the comments.

What I am understanding is...

1) The visitor section sucks, it’s in a bad spot with bad sight lines.
2) The end-zones suck because they are simply too far away from the field. However, some people still have fun there.
3) You can buy tickets from USU but it doesn’t benefit USU all that much anyway.
4) Wait a few games and the price of tickets on stubhub should go down because... well, BYU sucks and their fans are delusional.

Basically, if I want to ensure I sit by Aggies, I need to buy tickets in the visitor section and deal with poor seating... OR I watch the game at home and save the money and trip. (But if we win, I will hate myself for not going and relishing in the glory of slapping BYU around, ugh... I don’t know)

captain68

Post by captain68 » August 28th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Well, if it helps make your decision any easier, I do think we have a good chance of beating them again this year.

Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl

Post by Floppy Hat » August 28th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Davpmars wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 2:51 pm
What I am understanding is...

1) The visitor section sucks, it’s in a bad spot with bad sight lines.
2) The end-zones suck because they are simply too far away from the field. However, some people still have fun there.
3) You can buy tickets from USU but it doesn’t benefit USU all that much anyway.
4) Wait a few games and the price of tickets on stubhub should go down because... well, BYU sucks and their fans are delusional.
You need to combine 1 & 2. The visitors section is in the north west corner and is the only place to have fun there. I've been to all of our games there over the last 15 years or so and I wouldn't consider sitting anywhere else. The experience at the 2014 game was unreal. I am sure that all of my bad experiences there made the joy of that 2014 victory that much better.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 28th, 2018, 3:58 pm

If anyone wants to pay for my ticket and feed me, we will be able to sit anywhere in the stadium and not be bothered.

Hail Aggies!

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » August 28th, 2018, 4:20 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:If anyone wants to pay for my ticket and feed me, we will be able to sit anywhere in the stadium and not be bothered.

Just curious as to why no one will bother you. Do you have BO or eat like John Belushi?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 28th, 2018, 5:38 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:If anyone wants to pay for my ticket and feed me, we will be able to sit anywhere in the stadium and not be bothered.

Just curious as to why no one will bother you. Do you have BO or eat like John Belushi?

Both

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hipsterdoofus21

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » August 28th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Don’t do it man. I’ve been to a basketball and football game down in Provo and have never been treated more poorly by opponent’s fans. I did nothing to provoke anyone and yet constantly had geriatrics, young women, students, and middle aged men screaming in my face. Never again.

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » August 28th, 2018, 7:57 pm

My only experience at LES was in 2014 so I have nothing but euphoric memories of the place, of course I was front row of the student section. We ventured over to the BYU student section for a minute and didn't receive any crap. But that was probably because we were already up by 3 touchdowns.
I'll probably get tickets from USU again this year, the atmosphere of being with other Aggies is worth the less than desirable view in my opinion, especially when we win.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 28th, 2018, 8:47 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 7:13 pm
Don’t do it man. I’ve been to a basketball and football game down in Provo and have never been treated more poorly by opponent’s fans. I did nothing to provoke anyone and yet constantly had geriatrics, young women, students, and middle aged men screaming in my face. Never again.
The only other experience that I could even begin to compare to my experiences in pwovo is a trip to Fresno. We got our a$$es handed to us and on the way out everyone within shouting distance ragged on my dad and I. The difference between the two fan bases is at least at Fresno they still served beer and everybody was hammered drunk, in pwovo everyone is hammered drunk on religion and hypocrisy.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » August 28th, 2018, 9:21 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:

My hands are registered as a weapon in Bancock County.

Hail Aggies!

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » August 28th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Davpmars wrote:Hey everyone,

I’ve been checking StubHub every day and just yesterday they released a bunch of cheap seats at $15/each (plus some ridiculous fee’s). I’m holding out because I’m counting on them starting out 1-4 and expecting those prices to drop dramatically.

"I never Lose. I either Win or Learn." - Nelson Mandela

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » August 28th, 2018, 10:21 pm

I’ve had such bad experiences down there that wouldn’t go again even if guaranteed a win. Just not worth it. I don’t like them. Hell, I don’t even like myself when I’m around them.

#neveragain

LKGates

Post by LKGates » August 28th, 2018, 11:25 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 5:38 pm
Jjoey53 wrote:

Both

I would go to a game with AKAggie. I would LOVE to go to the Rameumptom U game in Provo with AKAggie! I'm having visions of Michael Caine and Steve Martin in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels...

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » August 28th, 2018, 11:38 pm

LKGates wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Jjoey53 wrote:

Both

I would go to a game with AKAggie. I would LOVE to go to the Rameumptom U game in Provo with AKAggie! I'm having visions of Michael Caine and Steve Martin in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels...
Is that the movie where they got together and judged John Candy for being fat?

Hail Aggies!

hipsterdoofus21

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » August 28th, 2018, 11:55 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 10:21 pm
I’ve had such bad experiences down there that wouldn’t go again even if guaranteed a win. Just not worth it. I don’t like them. Hell, I don’t even like myself when I’m around them.

#neveragain
Yup, I'm with you. Even if I knew we were guaranteed a win I wouldn't go because they are that aggravating to be around.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 29th, 2018, 11:20 am

I've infrequently been down there several times, but not since 1996. Certainly there are some decent Y fans, but when I listen to the crowd boo every call against their beloved team, no matter what, that's more than I will tolerate. Traveling to Provo and paying for a ticket and then being part of the dour spectacle of casually alert fans won't be part of my life ever again.

I relate much of the demented and crass crowd behavior in LES to a freshly deposited yellow-green mound of "USED FOOD" from your neighbors dog. Not pleasant to see, be around or experience. I just avoid contaminating myself in their stadium and I'm much better off by doing so.

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » August 29th, 2018, 3:16 pm

You have to be somewhat thick skinned at away football games. Most fans are welcoming and don't give you to much grief. At least in my experience. I haven't had anything crazy happen that would stop me from attending games at BYU. My first trip down to LES as an Aggie fan was in 2012. That was hands down the most boring game I have ever attended in my life. Most of their fans were fine even when my roommates and I started a "And that's another cougar.. 4th down" chant. I've been to all our games down there since and haven't had any terrible experiences. The worst I get from Cougar fans are "How did you like going to school in Ogden, or how was going to the cow university, etc?" That's about it though.

As far as tickets go, I plan on purchasing mine after they lose to Arizona, Cal, and Wisconsin. I expect prices to drop when that happens.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » August 29th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 3:16 pm
You have to be somewhat thick skinned at away football games. Most fans are welcoming and don't give you to much grief. At least in my experience. I haven't had anything crazy happen that would stop me from attending games at BYU. My first trip down to LES as an Aggie fan was in 2012. That was hands down the most boring game I have ever attended in my life. Most of their fans were fine even when my roommates and I started a "And that's another cougar.. 4th down" chant. I've been to all our games down there since and haven't had any terrible experiences. The worst I get from Cougar fans are "How did you like going to school in Ogden, or how was going to the cow university, etc?" That's about it though.

As far as tickets go, I plan on purchasing mine after they lose to Arizona, Cal, and Wisconsin. I expect prices to drop when that happens.
I’ve been to many, many away football games. BYU is in a league of its own.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 29th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Visitor section sucks. They're also relatively expensive from what I remember when I went with tickets from USU.

When I went after buying tickets outside USU, the seats were about the same price and much better (maybe like a little more- but still not bad). There were enough Aggies around that I didn't feel completely surrounded. Those fans are also fairly tame, because they're older and they aren't idiot college kids (not that I wasn't- but the visitor section is close to one of their student sections... recipe for disaster)

Get tickets on seatgeek/stubhub or something- so BYU doesn't profit- but the "USU section" seats are atrocious and you're better off watching on TV. You can hardly see the game. So get sideline tickets. It's worth it, I promise (and there will likely still be Aggies around you)

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 29th, 2018, 4:48 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 11:38 pm
LKGates wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Jjoey53 wrote:

Both

Is that the movie where they got together and judged John Candy for being fat?

If Steve Martin is getting fat maybe he should have Arugula. I haven't had Arugula in 6 weeks.

It's a veg-uh-tuble.

Unless of course you want to keep the egg plants out.

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » August 30th, 2018, 9:35 am

Anybody know the age limit of a child there for free admittance vs needing a ticket. Trying to take my son. He gets in free here.

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » August 30th, 2018, 11:22 am

Usu0505 wrote:
August 30th, 2018, 9:35 am
Anybody know the age limit of a child there for free admittance vs needing a ticket. Trying to take my son. He gets in free here.
Children two and older require a ticket to all ticketed events. Younger infants not requiring a ticket must be seated on a lap and must not interfere with the sight lines or enjoyment of other fans. Strollers and infant car seats must be checked at a stroller check located under each of the stands, just inside Gates 3 or 10. A Mother’s Room is located in the women’s restroom beneath the East Stands. Diaper changing stations are located inside each restroom. Lost children are taken to the First Aid Station.

https://tickets.byu.edu/lavell-edwards-stadium#policies

Locked Previous topicNext topic