JoJo Natson Return

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieSox

JoJo Natson Return

Post by AggieSox » September 19th, 2018, 12:42 pm

I didn't know JoJo was with Rams. He didn't get the TD, but that was a great return and classic JoJo using his speed.
I wish the dude would have played his senior year here, he was so explosive and could flip a game by himself.

https://www.therams.com/video/jojo-nats ... t-60-yards

Imakeitrain

Re: JoJo Natson Return

Post by Imakeitrain » September 19th, 2018, 12:46 pm

I wish he were worthy of being an Aggie.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 19th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 12:46 pm
I wish he were worthy of being an Aggie.
My thoughts exactly

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » September 19th, 2018, 1:14 pm

You guys sound like zoobs...

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » September 19th, 2018, 2:50 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:You guys sound like zoobs...
The guy broke team rules and allegedly stole from his teammates, it's not zoobish to not want someone like that around the program or not want to cheer them on after they are gone. I liked JoJo's game but his off the field behavior did not win me over as a fan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » September 19th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Gretsch wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 2:50 pm
The guy broke team rules and allegedly stole from his teammates, it's not zoobish to not want someone like that around the program or not want to cheer them on after they are gone. I liked JoJo's game but his off the field behavior did not win me over as a fan.

So you know him and his circumstances well enough to "banish" him?

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » September 19th, 2018, 3:47 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
Gretsch wrote:

I never said I knew him. I simply said his off the field behavior, the very behavior that was enough for the coaching staff to remove him from the team, did not win me over as a fan. I liked his play on the field, but I feel no obligation to continue to cheer for someone to broke rules and let their team down.

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » September 19th, 2018, 4:00 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 3:24 pm
Gretsch wrote:

No one here needs to know him personally to know he was a bad egg. He wouldn't have been dismissed from the team if he was following rules and staying out of trouble.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » September 19th, 2018, 4:20 pm

Just a lot of judgement being passed here is all I'm saying. Knowing him and his circumstances may change your opinion and judgement of him.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » September 19th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Also, sorry to disappoint some of you but he actually might be coming back to visit during his bye week.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 19th, 2018, 4:25 pm

BUTTTTTTT.....he is in the NFL now and doing pretty well. Kids make dumb mistakes, but he IS Pro & WAS an AGGIE at one time.....just sayin.

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 19th, 2018, 4:30 pm

I am sad that JoJo made the decisions he made, repeatedly, while he was here at Utah State. However, I’m also willing to forgive a guy that did me no personal injury. I would have thought that he would not want to be associated with a school that was obligated to expel him, but perhaps fences have been mended and the relationship can be good going forward! If he considers himself an Aggie, I’m in no position to say that he isn’t.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » September 19th, 2018, 4:40 pm

taniataylor wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 4:25 pm
BUTTTTTTT.....he is in the NFL now and doing pretty well. Kids make dumb mistakes, but he IS Pro & WAS an AGGIE at one time.....just sayin.
Bingo!

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » September 19th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Geesh Fellas. The Moral police are out in full force on the board today casting everyone to hell.

I agree he did some stupid things when he was here and in his 20's, and he really hurt his team that year, after making it 3 years here. It was dumb, I also did a lot of dumb things as a teenager and in my early 20's, that I don't dwell on and hope others don't think of either.

I am impressed with the fact we recruited him and his talent and that he is now in the NFL and on a Roster, that's impressive and I hope he learned his lesson.

Getting kicked off the team, might have been the best lesson of his life and that act might of been what made him turn his life around. So he could actually be very grateful to USU for giving him a chance to play, then be thankful they kicked him of the team for Stealing. Just a thought.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » September 19th, 2018, 4:55 pm

To summarize:

1. He was an exceptionally player for us and we wish he could have finished here.

2. We have cast him (and everyone else) to hell for his (and their) sins.

3. Because he IS a pro and WAS and Aggie, we hope fences have been mended and that he will be swinging by for a visit next weekend.

I think this has been a pretty productive thread! Good work everyone, it's 4:55, go ahead and take off early today.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » September 19th, 2018, 4:57 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 4:55 pm
To summarize:

1. He was an exceptionally player for us and we wish he could have finished here.

3. Because he IS a pro and WAS and Aggie, we hope fences have been mended and that he will be swinging by for a visit next weekend.

I think this has been a pretty productive thread! Good work everyone, it's 4:55, go ahead and take off early today.

I love it.....Thank you for this. I am grabbing my lunch pal and headed home 3 minutes early today. Thanks boss. :scotsman:

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » September 19th, 2018, 4:58 pm

I cheered for JoJo when he played at Akron, and it’s been fun watching and cheering for him in the NFL.

It’s funny how people are so quick to condemn him when one of this year’s fan favorites (Tipa) is only here because he was kicked off his former team.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 19th, 2018, 5:13 pm

Why should people not struggle with a locker room thief?

I'm confused.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » September 19th, 2018, 5:23 pm

I am glad JoJo was able to succeed at Akron and move on professionally, but just because someone once played for USU does not mean I feel obligated to cheer for them. I hope he does come back on his bye week and visits if that is cool with the staff and team. I don't want to see him fail or wish him any I'll will. I just don't cheer for him, just like I don't cheer for 99% of football players across all levels. I guess maybe the easiest way to put it is that I nothing him.

Last edited by Gretsch on September 19th, 2018, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 19th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Gretsch wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 5:23 pm
I am glad JoJo was able to succeed at Akron and move on professionally, but just because someone once played for USU does not mean I feel obligated to cheer for them. I hope he dies come back on his bye week and visits if that is cool with the staff and team. I don't want to see him fail or wish him any I'll will. I just don't cheer for him, just like I don't cheer for 99% of football players across all levels. I guess maybe the easiest way to put it is that I nothing him.

A bit extreme for my taste, but to each his own I guess.

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » September 19th, 2018, 5:34 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
Gretsch wrote:
I am glad JoJo was able to succeed at Akron and move on professionally, but just because someone once played for USU does not mean I feel obligated to cheer for them. I hope he dies come back on his bye week and visits if that is cool with the staff and team. I don't want to see him fail or wish him any I'll will. I just don't cheer for him, just like I don't cheer for 99% of football players across all levels. I guess maybe the easiest way to put it is that I nothing him.

A bit extreme for my taste, but to each his own I guess.
Thanks for catching that, that would be extreme

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 19th, 2018, 7:23 pm

Gretsch wrote:
I am glad JoJo was able to succeed at Akron and move on professionally, but just because someone once played for USU does not mean I feel obligated to cheer for them. I hope he does come back on his bye week and visits if that is cool with the staff and team. I don't want to see him fail or wish him any I'll will. I just don't cheer for him, just like I don't cheer for 99% of football players across all levels. I guess maybe the easiest way to put it is that I nothing him.

Exactly.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 19th, 2018, 10:35 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 4:55 pm
To summarize:

Say what you want about his off the field problems but he was the Aggies offense for a couple of years and changed the whole dynamic of the field position battle by his mere threat as a return man. Wells owes his continued job to him as the Aggies wouldn't have been bowling without him those years.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 19th, 2018, 11:09 pm

I'm expected to forgive all men, whether that be Jojo or even Torrey Green. Both made horrible mistakes, Green being the worse of the two of course, but Aggie nation turning their back on them doesn't help them become better men. It doesn't help them change. It more likely pushes a guy further down a destructive path when he feels alone and deserted.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 20th, 2018, 5:04 am

He doesn't have the worst record in the world by a long stretch. I think that there are times where circumstances we are raised in can sometimes lead to problems in the future for the simple fact that certain principles don't get taught or enforced. None of us got to choose how we were raised, and some of us were luckier than others. I don't pretend to know completely what his circumstances were growing up, but I know enough to see why things happened the way they did. In his defense, once he was shown the correct way, the behavior wasn't repeated. If he wants to be a part of the program, there's nothing outstanding that would preclude him from doing so. I'm not going to tell the rest of you how to feel, just thought I'd add some context.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 20th, 2018, 6:50 am

I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 20th, 2018, 7:02 am

I think they should name the athlete Study Hall after him. The JoJo Natson Athletics Study Hall

That has a nice ring to it.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 20th, 2018, 8:30 am

I'm all for 2nd chances. But how many chances were we expected to give him?

I wont begrudge the guy for doing well professionally. He certainly earned an NFL spot.

I expect those representing the school to represent the school well. No matter the obvious talent.

Just like I don't think Gator fans need to embrace Aaron Hernandez (not comparing severity).

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 20th, 2018, 8:49 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 8:30 am

I wont begrudge the guy for doing well professionally. He certainly earned an NFL spot.

I expect those representing the school to represent the school well. No matter the obvious talent.

Just like I don't think Gator fans need to embrace Aaron Hernandez (not comparing severity).
This won't elicit a strong response from anyone...

utahcountyaggie

Post by utahcountyaggie » September 20th, 2018, 9:33 am

I get that people don't like JoJo because he broke the law. He broke the law, we kicked him out, and another team picked him up. Tipa broke the law, Castaneda broke the law, they got kicked out....and we picked them up.
Happens all the time in college sports. We can't condemn JoJo, but welcome Tipa and Castaneda with open arms. (for the record, my stance is understanding and acceptance in all 3 scenarios). Kids are dumb. College kids do stupid things.

My question.....if USU sees fit to kick JoJo out because of misdoings, why accept guys like Tipa and Castaneda who were just kicked out of their programs? If that's the case, why not just keep JoJo?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 20th, 2018, 9:41 am

utahcountyaggie wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 9:33 am
I get that people don't like JoJo because he broke the law. He broke the law, we kicked him out, and another team picked him up. Tipa broke the law, Castaneda broke the law, they got kicked out....and we picked them up.
Happens all the time in college sports. We can't condemn JoJo, but welcome Tipa and Castaneda with open arms. (for the record, my stance is understanding and acceptance in all 3 scenarios). Kids are dumb. College kids do stupid things.

My question.....if USU sees fit to kick JoJo out because of misdoings, why accept guys like Tipa and Castaneda who were just kicked out of their programs? If that's the case, why not just keep JoJo?
Utah State had no choice but to kick JoJo out of not only the football program but the university studies. You can't get caught cheating multiple times and remain a student.

And cheating wasn't the only mark against him at the time, unfortunately. You only get so many second chances.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » September 20th, 2018, 9:43 am

Will someone please comment on the video I posted???????????????

Did you not love seeing that DUDE running past everyone and taking a punt 60 Yards!!!

This Post got Hijacked.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 20th, 2018, 10:14 am

AggieSox wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 9:43 am
Will someone please comment on the video I posted???????????????

Did you not love seeing that DUDE running past everyone and taking a punt 60 Yards!!!

This Post got Hijacked.
Threads get hijacked ALLLL THEEE TIME...it's ok, at least we're still talking about JoJo

But if it makes you happy, yep he's fast. Small but mighty all always say to Jordan

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 20th, 2018, 11:09 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 8:49 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 8:30 am

This won't elicit a strong response from anyone...
Good. It isn't intended to get one and I hedged it by saying I wasn't comparing severity. And my reaction as both a Gator fan and Aggie fan are vastly different. I would go on a vitriolic tangent on him- but it's a lot more extreme than saying "Jojo was rightfully removed and wasn't a good representative of the school"...

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 20th, 2018, 11:12 am

treesap32 wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 9:41 am
utahcountyaggie wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 9:33 am

Utah State had no choice but to kick JoJo out of not only the football program but the university studies. You can't get caught cheating multiple times and remain a student.

And cheating wasn't the only mark against him at the time, unfortunately. You only get so many second chances.
Usually with cheating, it depends on the severity and the lengths that one went through. Peeking at a neighbor's test is a lot different than what Jojo did (from what I remember)

Locked Previous topicNext topic