Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4806
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 271 times

Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by Roy McAvoy » September 25th, 2018, 8:57 am

Our team is pretty banged up. This BYE week is very much needed to get guys healthy. Here's the list of key injuries/potential injuries I've tried to derive from the games. Please add to it.

Maika Magalei LB (Hurt against Tenn Tech after being a starter that game. Didn't play against Air Force)
Kevin Meitzenheimer LB (Tore his MCL in Fall camp, have to think he's getting close to coming back. He's needed)
David Woodward LB (We know he's banged up. He sat out against Tenn Tech and spent a lot of time against Air Force not in the game. His status is unknown but he undoubtedly needs the rest)
Suli Tamaivena LB (Seems good to go after his broken hand. Played a lot against Air Force. I have to think he's close to 100% for the BYU game)
Baron Gajkowski LB (Unknown)
Chase Christiansen LB (Went out with injury against Air Force. Did return to the game later)
DJ Nelson WR (Broke his collar bone, out probably close to 3 more weeks)
Moroni Iniguez OL (Played against Air Force, should be good to go for BYU I would think)
Jacoby Wildman DE (We heard he hurt his foot at practice and has been used sparingly in his return)
Braxton Gunther S - Unknown
KJ Uluave OL - Unknown

Season Ending
Aaron Dalton, Punter
Gasetoto Schuster, DL
Mason Tobeck, LB
Tre Miller, RB
Mo Uasike, DL (Not injured, but red shirting this year to be available next year. I expect to maybe see him the last 4 games.)
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on September 27th, 2018, 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 557
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by thegreendalegelf » September 25th, 2018, 9:08 am

Thats a lot of LBs on that list.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7214
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1731 times
Been liked: 903 times
Contact:

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by aggies22 » September 25th, 2018, 9:10 am

Meitzenheimer dressed for the Air Force game. The participation chart says he didn't play but it's been spotty this season. I thought he played a little. Wildman did play quite a bit against Air Force. He finished with 5 tackles.



User avatar
sam tingey
2013 & 2016 FB Predict The Score Champion & 2017 & 2018 Bowl Pick'Em Champion
Posts: 1449
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by sam tingey » September 25th, 2018, 9:39 am

I think Galaei could use the bye week as well. He seemed pretty banged up in the Air Force game.



Aggie84025
Posts: 721
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by Aggie84025 » September 25th, 2018, 10:59 am

At the start of the season the line backer group looked really deep. Looking at it now we are quite thin. The bye week is really going to benefit our defense as a whole. Playing 104 snaps against the triple option of AF is quite a task. They should be really fresh for the BYU game.



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by USUBlue » September 25th, 2018, 11:37 am

swishh_15 wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 8:57 am
Our team is pretty banged up. This BYE week is very much needed to get guys healthy. Here's the list of key injuries/potential injuries I've tried to derive from the games. Please add to it.

I like the thread Swishh, so let me add what I've observed with the caveat that a basic rule in sports is that if you're dressed to play -- you've been cleared to play.

Maika Magalei LB (Hurt against Tenn Tech after being a starter that game. Didn't play against Air Force) Magalei was dressed to play and looked fine walking around on the sidelines. Remember with Suli, Woodard, Christiansen, etc. back, Magalei would be 3rd team
Kevin Meitzenheimer LB (Tore his MCL in Fall camp, have to think he's getting close to coming back. He's needed)Same for Meitzenheimer; he was dressed Saturday night and looked good to go walking around on the sidelines.
David Woodward LB (We know he's banged up. He sat out against Tenn Tech and spent a lot of time against Air Force not in the game. His status is unknown but he undoubtedly needs the rest)Woodward was in at the end of the game and made the big stop on 4th down. He was just fine at the end of the game.
Suli Tamaivena LB (Seems good to go after his broken hand. Played a lot against Air Force. I have to think he's close to 100% for the BYU game)Suli looked good and played a lot.
Baron Gajkowski LB (Unknown)This one is unknown -- I haven't seen him on sideline or heard about him at all. Hey 22, what's the story?
Chase Christiansen LB (Went out with injury against Air Force. Did return to the game later)Christiansen looked fine at the end of the game.
DJ Nelson WR (Broke his collar bone, out probably close to 3 more weeks)Yup, he'll be back
Moroni Iniguez OL (Played against Air Force, should be good to go for BYU I would think)Yes, both Iniguez and Ali'ifua were the 2 backups that played on the OLine against Air Force. The only remaining OLineman that I'm wondering about is Uluave
Jacoby Wildman DE (We heard he hurt his foot at practice and has been used sparingly in his return) Wildman played a lot against Air Force on the DLine as well as on special teams.

Season Ending
Aaron Dalton, PunterYup
Gasetoto Schuster, DLYup
Mason Tobeck, LBYup
Mo Uasike, DL (Not injured, but red shirting this year to be available next year. I expect to maybe see him the last 4 games.)Mo was dressed and ready to go on Saturday. I think you're right; they are holding him out for the 4 games they want him and still preserve the redshirt.
Let me ask about a few more B. Gunther, O. Latu, and Tre Miller
Last edited by USUBlue on September 25th, 2018, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



NVAggie
Posts: 15543
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 379 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by NVAggie » September 25th, 2018, 12:05 pm

I also remember Logan Lee going out but didn't track his return.



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by USUBlue » September 25th, 2018, 12:09 pm

NVAggie wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 12:05 pm
I also remember Logan Lee going out but didn't track his return.
He returned and seems fine.



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 226
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by BustaMcNutt » September 25th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Gajkowski has been on the sideline in street clothes the last 2 weeks. Not sure his deal. Same with Gunther. Both seem to walk around fine with no noticeable injuries. Not sure what's going on there.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4602
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 25th, 2018, 1:53 pm

BustaMcNutt wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 1:48 pm
Gajkowski has been on the sideline in street clothes the last 2 weeks. Not sure his deal. Same with Gunther. Both seem to walk around fine with no noticeable injuries. Not sure what's going on there.
Walking is a whole lot different than running at game speed.



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by USUBlue » September 25th, 2018, 2:19 pm

BustaMcNutt wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 1:48 pm
Gajkowski has been on the sideline in street clothes the last 2 weeks. Not sure his deal. Same with Gunther. Both seem to walk around fine with no noticeable injuries. Not sure what's going on there.
I hear Baron will be back shortly and give real depth to Roquemore. As for Gunther, I'm not sure. I was reminded that only 65 can dress for home conference games so 3 deep players like Miller and Latu maybe couldn't dress for that reason. Uluave could be back shortly giving 8 very good experienced OLinemen. Now if they'll just play physical against good defenses like the Y, Wyoming and BSU so we can establish the run. In short, we seem to be getting very healthy for the final 8 games.



User avatar
Aggieiester
Posts: 419
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 10:11 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by Aggieiester » September 25th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Heard Miller is injured, do not have any details though.



User avatar
SuperiorBlueDiver
Posts: 2217
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:27 am
Location: Astoria, OR
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by SuperiorBlueDiver » September 26th, 2018, 7:44 am

I bet everybody’s knees on the defensive side could use the rest after the Air Force game


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 3182
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by slcagg » September 26th, 2018, 7:57 am

Matt Wells mentioned in one of his interviews this week that going into the byu game we should be mostly at full strength for the first time this year.



donlarson8
Posts: 1621
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has liked: 494 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by donlarson8 » September 26th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Aggieiester wrote:Heard Miller is injured, do not have any details though.
His mom on twitter said that he broke his collarbone.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
jackmormon
Posts: 10564
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:53 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by jackmormon » September 26th, 2018, 11:02 pm

Devon Andersen?



slcagg
Posts: 3182
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by slcagg » September 27th, 2018, 6:17 am

donlarson8 wrote:
September 26th, 2018, 9:41 pm
Aggieiester wrote:Heard Miller is injured, do not have any details though.
His mom on twitter said that he broke his collarbone.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He still has a redshirt year, so with the new rule that works out well.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7214
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1731 times
Been liked: 903 times
Contact:

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by aggies22 » September 27th, 2018, 6:28 am

slcagg wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 6:17 am
donlarson8 wrote:
September 26th, 2018, 9:41 pm
Aggieiester wrote:Heard Miller is injured, do not have any details though.
His mom on twitter said that he broke his collarbone.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He still has a redshirt year, so with the new rule that works out well.
That is a great observation. I think Tre needed a redshirt year anyway. Plus it will balance out the class as running back because it will separate him and Morian Walker.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4806
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 271 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by Roy McAvoy » September 27th, 2018, 7:45 am

Okay I added Tre Miller, Braxton Gunther, and KJ Uluave to the list. Overall it does seem like we're getting fairly healthy. Maybe the healthiest the team has been since Wells' first year?

Every year I go through and it seems we've always had several key injuries we were dealing it.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7214
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1731 times
Been liked: 903 times
Contact:

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by aggies22 » September 27th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Braxton is possibly being held out for disciplinary reasons. I'm not going any further than that. I don't like coming on here and talking about details regarding that kind of issue. Please respect my wishes on this one fellas.

I've been told that KJ is "close" so we might see him dress for byu.

I also learned today that Aaron Dalton is planning on applying for a 6th year. Hopefully he gets it. He's just not sure what classes he's going to take because he wasn't planning on being here another season.

Does anyone have any more questions about stuff like this?



slcagg
Posts: 3182
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by slcagg » September 27th, 2018, 9:02 pm

aggies22 wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 8:47 pm
Braxton is possibly being held out for disciplinary reasons. I'm not going any further than that. I don't like coming on here and talking about details regarding that kind of issue. Please respect my wishes on this one fellas.

I've been told that KJ is "close" so we might see him dress for byu.

I also learned today that Aaron Dalton is planning on applying for a 6th year. Hopefully he gets it. He's just not sure what classes he's going to take because he wasn't planning on being here another season.

Does anyone have any more questions about stuff like this?
Is Metzenheimer healthy? What is the linebacker 2 deep with most everybody back?



Elkaggie
Posts: 3551
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by Elkaggie » September 27th, 2018, 9:03 pm

I heard Schuster has a good shot at making back towards end of the year... can you confirm?



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7214
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1731 times
Been liked: 903 times
Contact:

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by aggies22 » September 27th, 2018, 9:07 pm

slcagg wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 9:02 pm
aggies22 wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 8:47 pm
Braxton is possibly being held out for disciplinary reasons. I'm not going any further than that. I don't like coming on here and talking about details regarding that kind of issue. Please respect my wishes on this one fellas.

I've been told that KJ is "close" so we might see him dress for byu.

I also learned today that Aaron Dalton is planning on applying for a 6th year. Hopefully he gets it. He's just not sure what classes he's going to take because he wasn't planning on being here another season.

Does anyone have any more questions about stuff like this?
Is Metzenheimer healthy? What is the linebacker 2 deep with most everybody back?
Meitzenheimer will be ready to play at byu. So he'll backup Suli at ILB. Woodward will start at ILB with Christiansen as his backup. Tipa is the OLB and Te'i is his backup. Rover will still be Rocquemore with Baron Gajkowski as his backup.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7214
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1731 times
Been liked: 903 times
Contact:

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by aggies22 » September 27th, 2018, 9:08 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 9:03 pm
I heard Schuster has a good shot at making back towards end of the year... can you confirm?
I'll check on that one. It might be a little late for tonight but I'll definitely check.



slcagg
Posts: 3182
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by slcagg » September 27th, 2018, 9:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 9:07 pm
slcagg wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 9:02 pm
aggies22 wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 8:47 pm
Braxton is possibly being held out for disciplinary reasons. I'm not going any further than that. I don't like coming on here and talking about details regarding that kind of issue. Please respect my wishes on this one fellas.

I've been told that KJ is "close" so we might see him dress for byu.

I also learned today that Aaron Dalton is planning on applying for a 6th year. Hopefully he gets it. He's just not sure what classes he's going to take because he wasn't planning on being here another season.

Does anyone have any more questions about stuff like this?
Is Metzenheimer healthy? What is the linebacker 2 deep with most everybody back?
Meitzenheimer will be ready to play at byu. So he'll backup Suli at ILB. Woodward will start at ILB with Christiansen as his backup. Tipa is the OLB and Te'i is his backup. Rover will still be Rocquemore with Baron Gajkowski as his backup.
That is an awesome 2 deep. If we can stay healthy with that group I hope Magalei becomes another redshirt candidate.



taniataylor
Posts: 1533
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 281 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by taniataylor » September 28th, 2018, 12:18 pm

DJ Nelson has to have screws put in his collar bone, will be out longer than 3 weeks.


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7214
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1731 times
Been liked: 903 times
Contact:

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by aggies22 » September 28th, 2018, 3:37 pm

taniataylor wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 12:18 pm
DJ Nelson has to have screws put in his collar bone, will be out longer than 3 weeks.
If that's the case DJ is out until the bowl game and even then it will probably depend on what bowl game it is.



taniataylor
Posts: 1533
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 281 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by taniataylor » September 28th, 2018, 4:36 pm

aggies22 wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 3:37 pm
taniataylor wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 12:18 pm
DJ Nelson has to have screws put in his collar bone, will be out longer than 3 weeks.
If that's the case DJ is out until the bowl game and even then it will probably depend on what bowl game it is.
That sucks since it’s his Sr season. Apparently he dove for a ball during practice & landed on it


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 958
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » September 28th, 2018, 4:49 pm

Any chance of a 6th year for DJ? The kid is a baller and very versatile. He could slide up into the #2 slot spot next year. Also is great and reliable on special teams.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5207
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 85 times

Re: Much needed BYE Week/Injuries

Post by 2004AG » September 28th, 2018, 7:16 pm

I wish they would have figured out he’s better suited for slot receiver a few seasons ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Locked Previous topicNext topic