Ticket Challenge To SJSU Game!!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 28th, 2018, 8:12 am

I wanted to issue a challenge to people on this board to help to get people to games. This team is super fun to watch and deserves more support. I realize the people on this board do a lot, but I believe we can also do a little more.

The challenge is to purchase a few extra tickets to give to Aggie fans that may not be able to go otherwise. If we all purchase a couple of extra tickets we can make a huge difference.

I just purchased an additional 5 tickets this morning. I don't have anyone in mind of who I can give these to, but if someone on this board has family or friends that can use these tickets that may not have resources to purchase tickets just send me a PM and I will email the tickets to you.

Let's all work together and PACK THE MAV!!

Also, students on this board already start talking to your fellow students about the SJSU game and invite everyone you know.

blueaggie

Re: Ticket Challenge To SJSU Game!!

Post by blueaggie » October 28th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Great idea and thanks for your generosity! After we beat Hawaii we need a sellout against San Jose! Do everything you can to get people out to the game! Go Aggies!

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » October 29th, 2018, 7:10 am

I'll get a couple more since I missed the New mexico game for that wedding thing.

AggieVoice
Has thanked: 0

Post by AggieVoice » October 29th, 2018, 11:08 am

I love doing this for each game. If ever I hear someone say, "I'd love to go to an Aggie game!" My response to them is, "which one, let me grab you some tickets." Gotta spread the excitement and hope it ignites some loyalty in them.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 29th, 2018, 4:24 pm

I just bought 10 extra tickets to the SJS game that will go to all the neighbors.

If you want to build the aggie nation now is the time to step up.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 29th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Great job. These are steps that will definitely help.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 29th, 2018, 6:42 pm

Don't miss this part of AGGIE football history. We've a tough game with Hawaii on the rock this Saturday, and if we can win that one we then play an improving SJSU team to finish our regular home schedule. Don't cheat yourselves by missing the last conference home game this season.

This 2018 football season could be like a stream of water.....you can touch and be a part of it as it goes by, but then it's gone forever.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 29th, 2018, 8:25 pm

I love the enthusiasm and concept. I wish I was in a position to do more financially but am a few years away from being there. I can however get a couple of extra tickets and find a potential season ticket holder to give them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » October 29th, 2018, 10:13 pm

Wish I could do more. I will be there. I got 1700 left of my students loans and no other debt left so soon I will be able to support more financially.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 30th, 2018, 11:50 am

Bought 2 extra tickets by me in section 202. I'll put butts in them. I'm surprised by how many tickets are available on the West side. Too expensive maybe?

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 30th, 2018, 11:57 am

brownjeans wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 11:50 am
Bought 2 extra tickets by me in section 202. I'll put butts in them. I'm surprised by how many tickets are available on the West side. Too expensive maybe?
There seems to be sections in the end zone that have very few tickets sold @ $21 each, I do not believe price is the major problem $21 for a top 20 team seems to be a good deal.

Glad to see some board members step up.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 30th, 2018, 12:01 pm

Since Advertising is my profession......How about having Jr Aggies, age 9 & up, go with their parents in their neighborhood and sell some bargain priced tickets?? How about doing fundraisers for the elem school in the form of the winning class getting tickets to the game which will, in turn, get parents to go....hmmmm How about a little promoting along the 15 fwy like we did when we beat BYU? Sr Day, last home game, so on so on....who can I call , I have lots of ideas. I'll even help with Google Adwords so the ticket office can take a bit of a jump organically..

Maybe for now, give some tickets away....maybe to the high school football team with the best record... no revenue, butttttt gives the players of D1 experience and fills the stadium a little

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

ususports

Post by ususports » October 30th, 2018, 12:43 pm

taniataylor wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 12:01 pm
Since Advertising is my profession......How about having Jr Aggies, age 9 & up, go with their parents in their neighborhood and sell some bargain priced tickets?? How about doing fundraisers for the elem school in the form of the winning class getting tickets to the game which will, in turn, get parents to go....hmmmm How about a little promoting along the 15 fwy like we did when we beat BYU? Sr Day, last home game, so on so on....who can I call , I have lots of ideas. I'll even help with Google Adwords so the ticket office can take a bit of a jump organically..

Maybe for now, give some tickets away....maybe to the high school football team with the best record... no revenue, butttttt gives the players of D1 experience and fills the stadium a little
Amen! Truth has been spoken (or typed)!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 30th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Oh, and this is what my son is planning to wear to the game Image

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » October 30th, 2018, 1:08 pm

brownjeans wrote:Bought 2 extra tickets by me in section 202. I'll put butts in them. I'm surprised by how many tickets are available on the West side. Too expensive maybe?
The seats next to mine are $106 a pop. I have filled them during several games this year with the $23 tickets. Tickets in 103 are $141 I believe.

Hail Aggies!

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » October 30th, 2018, 1:20 pm

I have purchased extra tickets to each game and given them away - however for the NMU game I had two left I couldn’t get rid of. 45 yardline 17 rows up on the west side. I tried 5 different people and all turned me down. I would be more than willing to buy more for SJSU - but I’m afraid I can’t get people to take them. Does someone on here know some big Aggie fans that don’t have tickets and would like to go? Before I buy more tickets I want to have a home for them.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 30th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Chupamedia wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 1:20 pm
I have purchased extra tickets to each game and given them away - however for the NMU game I had two left I couldn’t get rid of. 45 yardline 17 rows up on the west side. I tried 5 different people and all turned me down. I would be more than willing to buy more for SJSU - but I’m afraid I can’t get people to take them. Does someone on here know some big Aggie fans that don’t have tickets and would like to go? Before I buy more tickets I want to have a home for them.
Maybe buy some for some students at the high school?? I can apple pay or send some money any other way to someone to help out

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

aggiefan1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by aggiefan1 » October 30th, 2018, 1:59 pm

Chupamedia wrote:
I know a few people who would go if someone had extra (free) tickets available.

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » October 30th, 2018, 2:31 pm

aggiefan1 wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 1:59 pm
Chupamedia wrote:
I know a few people who would go if someone had extra (free) tickets available.
Can you pm me an address and qty? I will be out of the country during that game and will need to send the tickets early.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 30th, 2018, 4:41 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 1:08 pm
brownjeans wrote:Bought 2 extra tickets by me in section 202. I'll put butts in them. I'm surprised by how many tickets are available on the West side. Too expensive maybe?
The seats next to mine are $106 a pop. I have filled them during several games this year with the $23 tickets. Tickets in 103 are $141 I believe.
I paid the full price because I have two purposes: 1. Increasing the funds I provide to Aggie Athletics, and 2. Create fans of Aggie football by bringing them to a game.

Not to get all judgmental, but if you buy GA tickets and then sit in high-priced reserved seating spot instead of the designated GA section, isn't that theft? I mean, I realize the ushers should do a better job of ensuring people sit where their tickets indicate, but still...

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » October 30th, 2018, 5:12 pm

brownjeans wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
I paid the full price because I have two purposes: 1. Increasing the funds I provide to Aggie Athletics, and 2. Create fans of Aggie football by bringing them to a game.

Not to get all judgmental, but if you buy GA tickets and then sit in high-priced reserved seating spot instead of the designated GA section, isn't that theft? I mean, I realize the ushers should do a better job of ensuring people sit where their tickets indicate, but still...
Yes. Turn me in.

Hail Aggies!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 30th, 2018, 5:59 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 5:12 pm
brownjeans wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

Yes. Turn me in.
LOL perfect response.

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » October 30th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Hmm. I gift 3 club seats and 4 nice midfield west side seats to family ,staff, friends and some shifted to folks I don’t know
How much do I shell out for 10 east side seats?

blueman

Post by blueman » October 31st, 2018, 4:12 pm

Just got an email from the ticket office with a special offer for season ticket holders, $13 tickets in ANY section! I followed the link and bought 6 tickets on the west side 40 yard line row 4 for a total of......$78! That is a steal to watch this team play!

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » November 1st, 2018, 12:42 pm

Just bought two extra with the season ticket holder special. Pick your own seats for 13.00. Great price.

Last edited by IdaAg93 on November 1st, 2018, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » November 1st, 2018, 12:51 pm

Bought four Chairbacks this Morning and gave away.

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » November 4th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Now that we beat Hawaii we really need to work on selling out the San Jose game! I'm going to be sending out an email to all of my family members to see how many people I can get out to the game. Hands down this is the best it team in school history! Now is the time to keep us moving to the next level! Go Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic