We aren’t even on the power rankings list

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
akborder
Posts: 429
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 10 times

We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by akborder » November 6th, 2018, 6:25 am




aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8748
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3613 times
Been thanked: 1878 times
Contact:

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by aggies22 » November 6th, 2018, 6:40 am

UAB? Seriously? Central Florida gave up 40 to Temple on Saturday. I can't see us giving up 40 to Temple. Central Florida is just outscoring people.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7295
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 398 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 6th, 2018, 6:47 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 6:40 am
UAB? Seriously? Central Florida gave up 40 to Temple on Saturday. I can't see us giving up 40 to Temple. Central Florida is just outscoring people.
UCF also gave up over 600 yards of offense to Temple. I don't think the "rankings" committee pays much attention once they get past the top 12-15 teams.



akborder
Posts: 429
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by akborder » November 6th, 2018, 6:57 am

Which makes me feel we won’t even crack the CFP



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2722
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by ineptimusprime » November 6th, 2018, 6:59 am

Unreal. Still, I like these little snubs and hope someone is letting the team know about them. Bulletin board material!

I’m not expecting to crack the CFP poll.



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 4078
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 6th, 2018, 7:53 am

I get that Northwestern has a shot to make the Big 10 championship game, but seriously.....They are 5-4. There is a real possibility that they won't even be bowl eligible. Strength of schedule can only take you so far. At some point you have to win games.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk



Formerly TulsAGGIE

blueaggie
Posts: 916
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by blueaggie » November 6th, 2018, 8:10 am

And how about Michigan State and their number 14 we play them at home and crush them. This whole P5 thing as a joke. the main reason why they beat most of the G5 teams is because they play them at home. And for ESPN it's all about their bowl games there's no way they wanted G5 team in any of there TV games. Why can't they be like the FCS and have a 16 team playoff. It is very frustrating because I really feel that the way we are playing right now we are a top-10 team. Go Aggies keep that chip on your shoulder and Crush San Jose State! Is there any way to contact these clowns that put together the rankings?
Last edited by blueaggie on November 6th, 2018, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4315
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by aceofspadeskb » November 6th, 2018, 8:27 am

It does bear repeating....1 win over a team with a winning record. And that team has now lost 4 straight by an average margin of 28.25 points.

If any other team had that resume, every one of us would agree that is enough to keep them out of the rankings. I think we get held out again this week. The best thing we have on our resume is a quality loss to Michigan State by a single score.



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1687
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by sam tingey » November 6th, 2018, 8:29 am

I think we are about the 22nd best team in FBS personally. I think we should be ranked but definitely not as high as the AP has us. that is kind of ridiculous.



swordsman1989
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by swordsman1989 » November 6th, 2018, 8:35 am

I find it odd there is such a disconnect between the AP and Coaches Polls and everything else.



gomretat
Posts: 587
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by gomretat » November 6th, 2018, 9:03 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 8:27 am
It does bear repeating....1 win over a team with a winning record. And that team has now lost 4 straight by an average margin of 28.25 points.

If any other team had that resume, every one of us would agree that is enough to keep them out of the rankings. I think we get held out again this week. The best thing we have on our resume is a quality loss to Michigan State by a single score.
Amen. We don't belong folks. We have no quality wins at this point. We have the potential for this to be an amazing season but we need to win at Boise. The only ranking that matters is the one at the end of the season.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16362
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 745 times
Been thanked: 684 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by NVAggie » November 6th, 2018, 9:16 am

Yup, we have nothing to hang our hats on. Our schedule is weak. We will have our time if we keep winning.



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2663
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by GUS » November 6th, 2018, 9:21 am

Can only beat the teams we have on our schedule. We have killed these teams with huge scores and had our subs in by the third quarter. USU deserves to be in that poll period. This is a special team and one of the top twenty in the country. Quit making excuses for the snubbing.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7295
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 398 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 6th, 2018, 9:22 am

NVAggie wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:16 am
Yup, we have nothing to hang our hats on. Our schedule is weak. We will have our time if we keep winning.
Spot on. The magic elixir is winning out which includes beating Boise State and Fresno State. Most likely, both on the road.



Bybs25
Posts: 415
Joined: September 22nd, 2012, 6:37 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by Bybs25 » November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am

Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk




User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1687
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by sam tingey » November 6th, 2018, 9:37 am

Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
that's because they are really good. I get what you are saying. we are good as well, but honestly, we are not alabama



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4315
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by aceofspadeskb » November 6th, 2018, 9:41 am

GUS wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:21 am
Can only beat the teams we have on our schedule. We have killed these teams with huge scores and had our subs in by the third quarter. USU deserves to be in that poll period. This is a special team and one of the top twenty in the country. Quit making excuses for the snubbing.
Love your enthusiasm. We need more people like you. I disagree though, and there's nothing to excuse. We're on the cusp of the top 25. My point is simply that there is an argument to keep us out, and it's every bit as valid as the argument to put us in.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7295
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 398 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 6th, 2018, 9:46 am

Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.



Bybs25
Posts: 415
Joined: September 22nd, 2012, 6:37 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by Bybs25 » November 6th, 2018, 10:28 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.
Really, is it now. I'm not saying that we would beat Alabama. I'm saying that we would have beaten the same teams they have played with LSU maybe going either way and being a closer game then it was with bama.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk




QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15692
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 524 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 6th, 2018, 11:25 am

Bybs25 wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.
Really, is it now. I'm not saying that we would beat Alabama. I'm saying that we would have beaten the same teams they have played with LSU maybe going either way and being a closer game then it was with bama.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

LSU would beat us by 2-3 touchdowns 10 times in a row.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8475
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by ViAggie » November 6th, 2018, 11:47 am

I feel good about these, JFW. We don't need over confidence, we need to RUTS the living S out of everyone we play!

GO AGGIES!


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
ShowMeAggie
Posts: 580
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:43 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by ShowMeAggie » November 6th, 2018, 11:48 am

Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 10:28 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.
Really, is it now. I'm not saying that we would beat Alabama. I'm saying that we would have beaten the same teams they have played with LSU maybe going either way and being a closer game then it was with bama.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
This is interesting. I just went online to look at who else Alabama had played, and my comment was going to be that I bet we get beat by everyone Alabama has played except maybe Arky St and UL-L. Louisville, A&M, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, probably even Ole Miss beat us going away, says I. But maybe not. And I guess that's why they play the game. (Oh, that's right...they DON'T play the game...the system is rigged to keep the little guy out of "the game" so that way there's no chance to show up the big boys. SMH :disappointed: :bangwall: )



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2722
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by ineptimusprime » November 6th, 2018, 12:00 pm

ShowMeAggie wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 11:48 am
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 10:28 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.
Really, is it now. I'm not saying that we would beat Alabama. I'm saying that we would have beaten the same teams they have played with LSU maybe going either way and being a closer game then it was with bama.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
This is interesting. I just went online to look at who else Alabama had played, and my comment was going to be that I bet we get beat by everyone Alabama has played except maybe Arky St and UL-L. Louisville, A&M, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, probably even Ole Miss beat us going away, says I. But maybe not. And I guess that's why they play the game. (Oh, that's right...they DON'T play the game...the system is rigged to keep the little guy out of "the game" so that way there's no chance to show up the big boys. SMH :disappointed: :bangwall: )
I suspect we would have beaten Arky, Arkt St., UL-L, Tennessee, and Louisville, but lost to A&M, Ole Miss, and probably Mizzou. But, it's all speculative and apples and oranges. We are a G5 team judged by G5 standards.



User avatar
AggieMeister
Posts: 31
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 8:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by AggieMeister » November 6th, 2018, 12:11 pm

ESPN is not showing us on their main college football scores page which features the top 25. If you then go look at the scores for just the mountain west, they're not showing our ranking number next to our name.

Fresno is on the top 25 page, though, and they have their number correctly displayed.

It seems that I hate ESPN more and more every day.



slcagg
Posts: 3724
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by slcagg » November 6th, 2018, 12:19 pm

ESPN top 25 is the CFP rankings, which we are not included yet. Maybe we will get in tonight.



slcagg
Posts: 3724
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by slcagg » November 6th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Lol at us not being able to beat Louisville or Arkansas. They both are downright bad. Remember awful CSU beating Arkansas? Tennessee is not good either. A&M, Mizzou and Ole Miss would be good games I think. If it were in Logan I'd put money down on us. If we played more P5 teams in Logan our record would be much better. I don't think it is crazy to say that if the MSU game were in Logan we would have won. Btw if we were to MSU now I think we would beat them anywhere. But all of this is just my opinion.



blueaggie
Posts: 916
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by blueaggie » November 6th, 2018, 12:35 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 11:25 am
Bybs25 wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.
Really, is it now. I'm not saying that we would beat Alabama. I'm saying that we would have beaten the same teams they have played with LSU maybe going either way and being a closer game then it was with bama.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

LSU would beat us by 2-3 touchdowns 10 times in a row.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh really they would beat us by two to three touchdowns. I don't think so. Why are you buying into this P5 BS. Didn't we go toe-to-toe with Michigan State who is ranked number 24. Didn't we honestly look like the better team? I bet we beat them two to three touchdowns if that game would have been played at Maverik stadium. Of course none of the P5 teams will play a good G5 school on the road.The only only thing I can think of for your logic is that you're still anti Wells and can't acknowledge that he is a great coach and has put together a the best Aggie team in school history. Or maybe it's because you haven't been watching any of our games lately. Go Aggies



Usu0505
Posts: 544
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by Usu0505 » November 6th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Im not gonna make the argument we should be on this list or any other ranking because i honestly think being snubbed or whatever you want to call it can only help us. The fact that fresno keeps showing up and we dont is crazy though. We have 1 win against a winning record they have a whole 2. Hawaii and Nevada. And there one loss is looking waayy worse than our one loss. We would have to be right on their heels behind them right?



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4315
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by aceofspadeskb » November 6th, 2018, 12:45 pm

blueaggie wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 12:35 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 11:25 am
Bybs25 wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.
Really, is it now. I'm not saying that we would beat Alabama. I'm saying that we would have beaten the same teams they have played with LSU maybe going either way and being a closer game then it was with bama.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

LSU would beat us by 2-3 touchdowns 10 times in a row.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh really they would beat us by two to three touchdowns. I don't think so. Why are you buying into this P5 BS. Didn't we go toe-to-toe with Michigan State who is ranked number 24. Didn't we honestly look like the better team? I bet we beat them two to three touchdowns if that game would have been played at Maverik stadium. Of course none of the P5 teams will play a good G5 school on the road.The only only thing I can think of for your logic is that you're still anti Wells and can't acknowledge that he is a great coach and has put together a the best Aggie team in school history. Or maybe it's because you haven't been watching any of our games lately. Go Aggies
Agree with Quack. LSU is a second tier team(Alabama owning the sole spot in the top tier). The Aggies are probably a 4th tier team. How quickly you forget Wyoming. We don't look like world beaters against dominant defenses. Very competitive, but not world beaters.

Sagarin has LSU over USU by 7 on a neutral field so perhaps the truth is somewhere between both of your opinions.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 13976
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 491 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by brownjeans » November 6th, 2018, 12:52 pm

Is there some kind of value in throwing shade at our 8-1 team?



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15692
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 524 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 6th, 2018, 12:53 pm

blueaggie wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 11:25 am
Bybs25 wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.
Really, is it now. I'm not saying that we would beat Alabama. I'm saying that we would have beaten the same teams they have played with LSU maybe going either way and being a closer game then it was with bama.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

LSU would beat us by 2-3 touchdowns 10 times in a row.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh really they would beat us by two to three touchdowns. I don't think so. Why are you buying into this P5 BS. Didn't we go toe-to-toe with Michigan State who is ranked number 24. Didn't we honestly look like the better team? I bet we beat them two to three touchdowns if that game would have been played at Maverik stadium. Of course none of the P5 teams will play a good G5 school on the road.The only only thing I can think of for your logic is that you're still anti Wells and can't acknowledge that he is a great coach and has put together a the best Aggie team in school history. Or maybe it's because you haven't been watching any of our games lately. Go Aggies

LSU would beat MSU by 2-3 touchdowns 8 out of 10 times


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



hickaggie
Posts: 3050
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by hickaggie » November 6th, 2018, 1:05 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 12:53 pm
blueaggie wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 11:25 am
Bybs25 wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Bybs25 wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 9:26 am
Well prior to LSU, Alabama really only had one win that I would say is quality and that was A&M. If we had Alabama schedule up to this point and the same home field advantage they have had I would say we would have the same record or undefeated as them currently. Yes LSU has an elite defense but their offense is terrible. Sure our defense is not Alabama so lsu scores twice but I think I offense still would have scored three times. Honestly Alabama schedule up to this point has been weak but nobody gives them crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Sorry, but Alabama would suffocate us; if Wyoming can shut down our offense, so can most of the SEC teams. Comparing us to Alabama is ridiculous.
Really, is it now. I'm not saying that we would beat Alabama. I'm saying that we would have beaten the same teams they have played with LSU maybe going either way and being a closer game then it was with bama.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

LSU would beat us by 2-3 touchdowns 10 times in a row.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh really they would beat us by two to three touchdowns. I don't think so. Why are you buying into this P5 BS. Didn't we go toe-to-toe with Michigan State who is ranked number 24. Didn't we honestly look like the better team? I bet we beat them two to three touchdowns if that game would have been played at Maverik stadium. Of course none of the P5 teams will play a good G5 school on the road.The only only thing I can think of for your logic is that you're still anti Wells and can't acknowledge that he is a great coach and has put together a the best Aggie team in school history. Or maybe it's because you haven't been watching any of our games lately. Go Aggies

LSU would beat MSU by 2-3 touchdowns 8 out of 10 times


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is pretty simple. If the Aggies win out they will be at the least the second ranked CFP team. Ditto for Fresno. The only question would be if UCF loses and whether the timing of that loss allows USU or Fresno to leapfrog them. The rankings at present are irrelevant. If the Aggies win big in the next two they will crack the rankings and then it will all play out.

I think our best chance to ensure a chance to jump UCF if they lose is to beat an 11-1 Fresno on the road as much fun as a CCG game would be at home.



NibleyAg
Posts: 177
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 3:19 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by NibleyAg » November 6th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Wow is quack on the CFP committee since he knows the outcomes of potential games? If I knew what quack knows I would make millions every year betting on games.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14878
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 486 times
Contact:

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by treesap32 » November 6th, 2018, 1:14 pm

ESPN Power Ratings snub us while the CBSSports Power Ratings has us ranked #13 in the nation:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... nge-again/



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1687
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: We aren’t even on the power rankings list

Post by sam tingey » November 6th, 2018, 1:15 pm

No need to pile on each other. remember these are opinions. this is what makes football so fun and frustrating. we don't get to play Alabama's schedule. they have the money and we don't. the system is rigged. We can win a MWC championship. We have a very good team.

I worry more about not getting a full house on Saturday than anything about rankings.



Locked Previous topicNext topic