Odds of catching Central Florida

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BigBlueAggie

Odds of catching Central Florida

Post by BigBlueAggie » November 10th, 2018, 11:57 pm

Was looking at their upcoming schedule and it gave me a little hope. They host Cincinnati next week who is 9-1. And then play at South Florida (7-3). If they are going to lose a game or two it will be over these next two weeks.

With the disrespect the committee has had towards us, It would not be surprising to see Cincinnati jump us. I think we'd need both schools to have two losses and for us to win the next three games to have any shot.

Fun to at least have a shot however! 10 wins is a huge season and it is crazy to think we can reach that next week already. What a year this has been.

Mr. Sneelock

Re: Odds of catching Central Florida

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 11th, 2018, 7:40 am

Cincinnati is also G5, so they get about the same amount of respect that we do. Also, while we have a weak strength of schedule, both UCF and Cincinnati have weaker schedules.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Formerly TulsAGGIE

1888Aggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by 1888Aggie » November 11th, 2018, 7:57 am

The odds are extremely small we get the NY6 bowl. It’s fun to dream but in reality we have very little chance this year. UCF is #12 today and will probably move up a spot on Tuesday with the Kentucky loss. If we do get a CFP vote, we will come in at probably 24 or 25. Cincinnati will likely be higher with our luck. That means that even if Cincinnati beats UCF we will still trail and trail both of them. There’s too much space between us and UCF and a Cincinnati win will propel Cincinnati passed us.

Pretty much our only shot to get the NY6 bowl is for the AAC West champion to win the AAC Championship. So we are all fans of Houston, Tulane, and SMU, whoever shall represent.
Last edited by 1888Aggie on November 13th, 2018, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 11th, 2018, 8:12 am

I'd guess that we need the winner of the UCF division to lose in the AAC championship. If Cincinnati beats UCF I could totally see the committee having both teams in front of usu. Their is some east coast bias between the mwc and the aac.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 11th, 2018, 8:56 am

1888Aggie wrote:
November 11th, 2018, 7:57 am
The odds are extremely small we get the NY6 bowl. It’s fun to dream but in reality we have very little chance this year. UCF is #12 today and will probably move up a spot on Tuesday with the Kentucky loss. If we do get a CFP vote, we will come in at probably 24 or 25. Cincinnati will likely be higher with our luck. That means that even if Cincinnati beats UCF we will still trail and trail both of them. There’s too much space between us and UCF and a Cincinnati win will propel Cincinnati last us.

Pretty much our only shot to get the NY6 bowl is for the AAC West champion to win the AAC Champiinship. So we are all fans of Houston, Tulane, and SMU, whoever shall represent.
I think you're right. It's a shame tho, because none of the AAC teams have been dominant against the weaker teams in the conference. I believe USU would beat any America team this year. Fresno and Boise would likely beat them all as well.

I think our only hope is to thrash Boise in Boise then demolish Fresno in the ccg. Then if UCF loses, I think that would be enough to get us to a NY6.

Either way, I'd be extremely happy with a conference championship and a Vegas bowl invite. Hopefully we can get there.

Locked Previous topicNext topic